Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

UEFA Champions League Oct 21-22

Zenit St. Petersburg vs. Bate Borisov
    Bate Borisov is being grossly underrated by the bookmakers. They're being priced as a +950 dog. Borisov currently sits atop the Belorrusian league where they're yet to lose a road game. They're 8-0-5 on the road in their league. On the flip side, Zenit are 5th overall in the Russian league but 9th on home record because their home form isn't as good as their road form. They're 5-4-3 at home, which amounts to a 33% home loss rate. Borisov's modest road form should counter whatever Zenit will throw at them.
    Verdict: draw +420

Fiorentina vs. Bayern Munich
    Bayern Munich is in a funk right now. Nothing is easier nowadays than scoring against Bayern Munich. The offenses here are about even so let's go with the better defense.
    Final note: Munich have only won one of their L5 home games (that's a horrible 20% home win rate) . While Fiorentina have a 33% road win rate, I'd rather play on the side of 33% than lay the wood on 20%.
    Fiorentina +350

Real Madrid vs. Juventus
    Juventus haven't beaten Madrid in the CL series. Juventus aren't even winning against inferior domestic opposition right now. How can they cope with a Madrid offense that boasts of Raul and Van Nilsteroy? Raul is the highest goal scorer of all times in the CL series and Van Nilsteroy isn't far behind. The presence of these 2 guys on the line-up makes Madrid an automatic pick.
    Real Madrid +150

Chelsea/Man United parlay -120
    No explanations needed. Chelsea is at home to a disastrous Roma and the free-scoring Man Utd are at home to a non-scoring Celtic.

Liverpool vs. Atletico Madrid
    This game will be played at a neutral venue, so Atletico doesn't really have much of a home advantage. It's tempting to pick Liverpool here but Torres isn't playing.
    Verdict: draw +220

Barcelona vs. Basel
    This is one game many will expect more than 2 goals. That's not likely. The hosts (Basel) will try to contain the visitors all day. Barcelona now have a habit of not scoring in the first half of this kind of games. Expect a goalless 1H here. It looks improbable that there'll be more than 2 goals in the 2H of this contest.
    Verdict: Goals Under 2.5 +130

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

bayern i think wins for sure

i like BATE+1.5 +135
    real madrid i like but juve must not be underestimated

bayern is a gem
    man u over 2.5 i will do

best of all is lyon at +105
    Last edited by ryanXL977; 10-21-08 at 12:40 AM.

ryanXL977

i also like porto and arsenal

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    i also like porto and arsenal
    Arsenal will be without 2 key defenders - Gallas and Torres.

ryanXL977

as i said, bate+1.5 +135 baby
    easy cash

ryanXL977

fenerbachs aint good
    people never learn!

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was also on Fiorentina.

maniac0201
    maniac0201's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice call on the BATE match

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

I hope you are right on the Unders on Barcelona/Basel as I picked for there to be more total goals in the Chelsea/Roma game than in the B/B game...

Thoughts? I have 12 hours to change my mind lol ; )

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by maniac0201 View Post
    Nice call on the BATE match
    Thanks. Sometimes we get them. Sometimes we don't.

I also think Bordeaux will edge out Cluj.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by l7ustin View Post
    I hope you are right on the Unders on Barcelona/Basel as I picked for there to be more total goals in the Chelsea/Roma game than in the B/B game...

Thoughts? I have 12 hours to change my mind lol ; )
    My reasoning is that Basel won't score against Barca. Barca aren't outstanding defensively but almost 65% of ball possession will go to them which will limit Basel's chances. I envisage a 1-0 or 2-0 win for Barca.

In the case of Roma/Chelsea, expect at least one goal in the 1H. Chelsea hardly fail to score in the 1H. If we add at least 2 more in the 2H, then there should be more goals in the Chelsea game than in the Barcelona game.