samus82
    samus82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

The player who shall not be named! (Barca - Man U)

I don't know how much info is reaching those across the seas but here in England the media is ablaze with the news that Ryan Giggs had an affair. The media is often forced to keep quiet regarding stories involving players and their personal lives and whilst their was an injunction in place to prevent this situation, the story has gotten out. This information comes right before one of the biggest games of his career.

I saw him on a football show here in England and he was very subdued, not at all like his usual self. He also missed a training session with Utd. Ferguson is not happy one bit either. Right now he wants to use the media to his advantage but they are working against him right now, putting focus on Utd in a negative way.

This has hurt his reputation as Giggs won sports personality of the year in 2009. Giggs is a really important player for Utd and this news will really affect his focus for the game. I already have my money on Barca but for those of you who are undecided, consider this before you make your decision.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

giggs is a 18-19 year old veteran and is fully capable of keeping this shit off the field and not let it affect his performance. As for his reputation? sure it may be a little tarnished right now but when he retires in a few years he'll be remebered as the most successfull player in british hisory.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Soon2BRich View Post
    giggs is a 18-19 year old veteran and is fully capable of keeping this shit off the field and not let it affect his performance. As for his reputation? sure it may be a little tarnished right now but when he retires in a few years he'll be remebered as the most successfull player in british hisory.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

scoring on and off the field...legend!

samus82

Fair play you respect the man, I'm not here to tarnish but him I think you are extremely delusional if you don't think all this media pressure will effect him. How about all the media hounding his and family, how do you think that makes him feel? This effects Ferguson too.

This is a big deal whether the Giggs lovers want it to be or not.

p3re
    p3re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post

samus82

By the way Soon2brich want to make a wager for the game, say 100 points?

Oh and btw Dalglish won more as a player than Giggs has won in his career, making him a more successful British player.
    Last edited by samus82; 05-24-11 at 02:42 PM.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Legends need to be left alone

Soon2BRich

football player are under all kinds of pressure all the time and ryan giggs has been nothing but professional in his career. Im sure he can deal with it and you are wrong about kenny dalglish, look it up . From your avatar, im guessing you're a liverpool supporter . how does it feel now that sir alex has knocked you off your perch?

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

like he will care, has a nice wife she seems kool wid it, as if anyone cares for some big brother whore, shes already forgotten the only part of the story anybody cares bout is the gaggin order.

Soon2BRich

exactly, people like her are just interested in the money they'll get when they sell their story to the newspapers and to give her publicity. i guarantee she'll be on one of those silly reality tv shows with "celebrities" and i use that term very losely.

samus82

No mate Dalglish has had more success as a player. And Liverpool are still the most successful club in English history, 1 extra prem title doesn't change that.
    Last edited by samus82; 05-24-11 at 04:29 PM.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by samus82 View Post
    No mate Dalglish has had more success as a player. And Liverpool are still the most successful club in English history, 1 extra prem title doesn't change that.
    no. maybe Liverpool is the most successful ENGLISH club in Europe but Man Utd is the most successful club in ENGLISH history...

1 extra prem title changes EVERYTHING..

also, dont compare 2 players from completely different times, cant do it..

Soon2BRich

ryan giggs = 33
    kenny dalglish = 29

and ffs every liverpool fan seems to live in the past. when was the last time you won the league? and ok you may be the most successful club in british history when you count every trophy in both of their histories but only by 3 trophies and i gurauntee that we go past you in the next few years, man utd have been the dominant team for team for the last 20 years in england and we've won more league titles than anyone. But anyway, i cant be bothered to get into a online argument with a liverpool supporter because they never know when to quit.
    Last edited by Soon2BRich; 05-24-11 at 04:52 PM.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I'll definitely take this into consideration when I place my wager on Barca for the champs league title on Saturday!

hockeyhy
    [color=rgb(0, 255, 255)][Too Long][/color]
    hockeyhy's Avatar Become A Pro!

barca and the tika taka vs manu and....

samus82

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    no. maybe Liverpool is the most successful ENGLISH club in Europe but Man Utd is the most successful club in ENGLISH history...

1 extra prem title changes EVERYTHING..

also, dont compare 2 players from completely different times, cant do it..
    Liverpool's European success is why they are the most successful club in English history. Sure Man Utd have 1 extra domestic title, but our European success makes us the most successful.

Don't try and argue your point on semantics. Liverpool is an English club and any trophies they win in football, on any level, will be counted towards their success. The champions league trophy from 2005 is sitting in Anfield right now as a testament to Liverpool's European success.
    Last edited by samus82; 05-25-11 at 09:45 AM.

samus82

ryan giggs = 33
    kenny dalglish = 29

and ffs every liverpool fan seems to live in the past. when was the last time you won the league? and ok you may be the most successful club in british history when you count every trophy in both of their histories but only by 3 trophies and i gurauntee that we go past you in the next few years, man utd have been the dominant team for team for the last 20 years in england and we've won more league titles than anyone. But anyway, i cant be bothered to get into a online argument with a liverpool supporter because they never know when to quit.
    Don't see how me bringing up Ryan Gigg's roasting in the press is me being a fan living in the past. You talked about Giggs being the most successful british player EVER and I simply said Dalglish has that title. So yeah I brought up the past but only because it is relevant if you want to talk about THE ENTIRE PAST OF BRITISH FOOTBALL!

Fair enough Utd have been the dominant force in England for the past 20 years, but it doesn't change the fact Liverpool have an incredible history and I will always be proud of that. I respect Utd because if I didn't I wouldn't care about our matches against each other. Utd have built a dynasty and I can't fault them for that, but one day it will all be in the past too. Ferguson will retire in the next few years and the debt that burdens your club will eventually bury you.

But that's in the future. For now I made this topic to discuss something that is very relevant for Saturday's final. I'm not saying this is why Barca will win or anything like that, but I couldn't see a mention of it anywhere else on the forum so I wasn't sure if this info was widespread in places like America etc. If you don't think it will be a factor then fair enough, but I'm sure a lot of other people will find it interesting.

Oh and are we going to wager on this game or what?
    Last edited by samus82; 05-25-11 at 09:40 AM.

Soon2BRich

all liverpool fans seem to live in the past "oh well we are the most successfull team in english history", what have liverpool won recently and what have utd won recently? when was the last time you onE the league? and special won is right, while you are the most successful english team in european history we are the most successfull team in ENGLISH history. You do know that there is a european tournament AND a domestic league right? And i undertand why you created this thread and i gave my opinion abput how he is a proffesional about to play in one of the biggest games hes played in so he'll put all this imogen stuff to the side.

ps, you are still wrong about kenny dalglish, LOOK IT UP FFS

samus82

Why do you keep bringing up Liverpool? I keep trying to talk about Utd and everytime you want to try and insult the football club I support. English history includes all European trophies mate. Liverpool are an English club so everything they win is a part of English history.

You've been very stubborn on these forums and I've read how you are trying to say Utd will win the CL final but you haven't made a single good point to support your case.

I want your points mate, so lets make a bet if you are so confident.

jordigs
    jordigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    LOL. Hilarious

Soon2BRich

Quote Originally Posted by samus82 View Post
    Why do you keep bringing up Liverpool? I keep trying to talk about Utd and everytime you want to try and insult the football club I support. English history includes all European trophies mate. Liverpool are an English club so everything they win is a part of English history.

You've been very stubborn on these forums and I've read how you are trying to say Utd will win the CL final but you haven't made a single good point to support your case.

I want your points mate, so lets make a bet if you are so confident.

i keep bringing up liverpool becuase you keep saying that they are the most successful team in ENGLISH (and by that i mean the english trophies NOT european E.g, league title, fa cup, carling cup etc) and that is not true. And also you keep saying that kenny dalsglish is the most successful player in british history and again you are wrong. Did you even look it up before saying that? no you didnt otherwise you'd admit that you were wrong and you call me stubborn??

And i didnt say that man utd were gonna win i was simply replying to all the people on here who say that it will be a easy walk in the park for barca and thats disrespectful. I know its gonna be a tough game and a good game to watch but to say utd have no chance at all is stupid.

And no, i dont think im gonna place any wagers on this game because as a fan im just gonna watch and enjoy the game.

samus82

Liverpool are the most successful team in English history, stop trying to argue your point on semantics. Just a Utd fan trying to undermine what Liverpool have achieved.

No, people haven't disrespected Utd on here, they are the underdogs and people saying so isn't disrespectful. Get over yourself. And if you aren't man enough to back up your mouth with some points then pipe down.

Soon2BRich

semantics? why do you think there was such a big deal that utd won the title this season? becuase it is one more than liverpool have won meaning they have overtaken liverpool as the most succesful team in english history. and im not undermining liverpool, you just seem to be holding on to past glory by saying you are the most succesful team in england and thats not true . just accept it and move on, you have not been a title winning side for the last 20 years and are you blind? theres so many people on here writing utd off before the game has even started so tell me is'nt that disrespectful?

and why should i place a bet with you? i aint so easy to manipulate.

But anyway what ever man, you're a liverpool supporter and im a utd fan we're not going to get on so lets just leave it at that and call it a day. i cant be bothered anymore.

samus82

Dude, the deal was that Utd have won more league titles, there was nothing more to it. Overall success is measured on a broader scale. You're just trying to discount Liverpool's success but I'm not surprised as you're a Utd fan. In their history Liverpool have won more than any other football club in England, that's something to be proud of and the last 20 doesn't change that. Its not about clinging to past glory its about appreciating Liverpool's rich heritage, all of its past glories and all its tragedies like Hillsborough.

I don't think its disrespectful people writing off Utd, its a gambling forum for christs sakes, people are going to make claims like that. You're just sore because its your club they are ripping on. You haven't had a problem dishing out disrespect on Liverpool so why are you so upset that people are doing it to Utd. I just think it hurts your pride that Utd are being called such an underdog. Well get over it.

And you should take the bet to prove you're not just some mouthy Utd fan and that you have the balls to back up everything you keep saying. But I don't think you do, so my point is proven, but if you do take it I've pretty much got free points so its win win for me.

Soon2BRich

still going on?

samus82

I wish there was a chicken emoticon

Soon2BRich

i got a life outside gambling and this site.

samus82

i got a life outside gambling and this site.
    Yeah I don't really care about that, or was that a dig lol? Besides I thought you said you were done?

I just want to either prove you're too pussy to back up your mouth or I want your points, either way I'd be happy.

Soon2BRich

pussy? lol keep running your mouth internet tough guy you must be dillusional

samus82

Yeah pussy, you got no guts. They're only betpoints aswell not even real money. Guess you'll just keep running your mouth though, despite the fact you said posts ago that you were done lol.