Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats the record been on the supposed fixed matches recently?

hey guys this is a question for the guys that spend alot of time of the soccer part of the site, i know there have been a few fixed matches lately (especially in italy) and i just wanted to know if all of them have gone the way that the odd suggest they will. i only ask becuase theres something weird about the weekend game between udinese and ac milan where the draw is favoured so i just wanted to know how the fixed matches went and whether i shouls play play the draw or not.

thanks guys

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

allot of this comes from the Italian mentality/culture of not stepping on each others shoes, if two clubs can benefit form a draw they tend to play in a way that will ensure it without any actually fixing (e.g. peps going round paying off players refs and so on) , now its defiantly unethical, however hard to prove a fix as there usually wont be any instance of a person making bribes and so on.

Which is why it happens allot in Italy, and not for say English Prem where the mentality is to give your all whatever the situation.

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks alot turkzZ

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah and to add I can't name a game in Italy that didnt go the way it was supposed to, same in Spain with the Gijon game last weekend ...

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

you will be surprised, I think about half of these fixes fail, and the ones that dont are very low odds...

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by TurkzZ View Post
    allot of this comes from the Italian mentality/culture of not stepping on each others shoes, if two clubs can benefit form a draw they tend to play in a way that will ensure it without any actually fixing (e.g. peps going round paying off players refs and so on) , now its defiantly unethical, however hard to prove a fix as there usually wont be any instance of a person making bribes and so on.

Which is why it happens allot in Italy, and not for say English Prem where the mentality is to give your all whatever the situation.
    It doesn't come from Italy... there is a stereotype out there that the Italian leagues is where to look for a fix.

There's a massive Asian market that has been growing in football over the last decade. You can easily find 10x the amount of fixed games in the Asian, African and South American markets than you can in Europe. Most corruption is found in the lower leagues where there is less public attention. Countries like Greece and Italy are full of these games because there is a mob influence/a banged up economy. If you want to look at high profile games then concentrate on the referees as they are the guys who need the money, not the players.

The bottom line is you can't keep a record of fixed games, the best way to fix a game is to disguise it as good as you can, which is why you get a lot of people split on whether a game is fixed or not.

Wiesnak
    Update your status
    Wiesnak's Avatar Become A Pro!

there was a fixed game today in france, lille not to cover the -1.5

tudes7
    tudes7's Avatar Become A Pro!

If u have placed bets on those italian footy games, u prob gone bankrupt as most of those bets were lost. U shud have followed greek footy as there werent any surprise there. Btw as turkzz explained u cant call them fixed. Its just Italian Job.

escou
    escou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey guys can you name one game that failed and didnt end the way it was supposed to ? I cant name a single one for the last month and you are saying that lots and lots failed? Well which one did?

pouroupoupou
    pouroupoupou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

The first which comes in my mind is Sampdoria-palermo.Home win was at -300. FT result 1-2

pouroupoupou

23 of April Bologna - Cesena draw odds -125. FT result 0-2
    17 of April Catania-Lazio draw odds +110. Ft result 1-2

In serie B there were at least 10 games with low draw odds that never confirmed

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by pouroupoupou View Post
    The first which comes in my mind is Sampdoria-palermo.Home win was at -300. FT result 1-2
    That is very normal a lot of -300 favorites lose every day.
    In Italy sometimes you get draws a realy low prices , I did Lay it at Betfair for 4 times result 0-4 never touching this games again
    Last edited by Ruifgalmeida; 05-20-11 at 05:25 AM.

pouroupoupou

Sampdoria was in the 18th place of the table and palermo were 8th. Odds for the home win weren't normal.