ararat2010
    ararat2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Chievo-Sampdoria Fixed?

My Book doesn accept bets on it, Betfair Odds 1.58 on Draw. Have you guys any info?

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Quote Originally Posted by ararat2010 View Post
    My Book doesn accept bets on it, BetFair Odds 1.58 on Draw. Have you guys any info?
    If the book knew the game was fixed, I think Fifa would have been aware about it. Do you know how risky it is to fix a game? I know there have been a lot of fixed game, but I don't think the book are aware about it, it's probably just that too many people have put "a lot of money" on the draw, and that's why the odd is that low.

I don't mean it's not fixed, but if it really was, both teams will have problems (remenber juventus of turin, Ac Milan etc...)

SiMON2g
    SiMON2g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Similar thing happened a few years back with Chievo, it may have even been the 09/10' season, someone placed a $2M bet on a 1-1 draw. The authorities investigated it too. Be interesting to see how this turns out, I'm staying away from it.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Yep, it's fixed. Oh, Italy, don't you ever change.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, ofc.

barcelonafc
    barcelonafc's Avatar Become A Pro!

the commentator metioned rumours about the draw, also i first read about this 3 weeks ago, un real.

there is 1.4 million matched on betfair

53k on chievo, 26k on sampdoria, and 1.35 million on the draw.

barcelonafc

brescia vs bologna was rigged to, the home side were odds of 1.4 when they should have been at least even money, fortunes were bet on the home side a few hours before kick off, and when i say fortunes i dont mean a few k, i mean a few million.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

The line is gross...makes you wonder. But, 5 out of 6 MLS games last night in the US were draws...makes you wonder

turnip
    turnip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2110

This happens a lot in Serie B this time of year. Yesterday the Empoli-Padova and Pescara Crotone had < 2.0 odds of a draw. Only the former was a draw, though.

barcelonafc

last season there was a serie b game, it was the team that were top of the league against a team in 15th. the team top of the league were 8/1, and got beaten 1-2. i think it was lecce who won the league who were 8/1 at home.

how can anyone possibly explain that.

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

Looks so freakin fixed.
    Watchin the match.

PickApprentice

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    Looks so freakin fixed.
    Watchin the match.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I just tuned in and that game is truly a disgrace...if someone doesn't look into that match they're crazy. It almost looked like players were talking with each other going down the pitch together

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by turnip View Post
    This happens a lot in Serie B this time of year. Yesterday the Empoli-Padova and Pescara Crotone had < 2.0 odds of a draw. Only the former was a draw, though.
    it starts to happen now, where games are semi-fixed ... not in order for betting issues, but there are some wink-wink-nod-nod games where good relations between teams lead to both getting a point to avoid relegation or qualify for promotion.

Ruff
    Ruff's Avatar Become A Pro!

to bad genoa didnt draw also

PickApprentice

0-0

It is always nice to win big on fixed games!

Thank you so much Italian Football, you have the best league in the world!!

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

That is just ******.
    They're faking injuries from nothing, givin the ball away too easily.
    You know how it looks like... like both of them are winning each other on aggregate. Just slowing down the tempo to minimum. Seriously it looks like Chievo is winning and want to end this match and the same goes to Sampdoria - and I guess they are winning

Now tell me this, how is Bosnia Herzegovina banned to hell from literally everything and at the same time this shit just rolls on intact.

SERIOUSLY some of the moments were just eyesore. And the reactions after bad passes or shots are simply priceless... Like he wanted the goal so freakin badly.
    **** this shit.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

You have to give them credit though... This word for a fix was out and supposedly officials were looking into it.

To come out and do it like that, well that takes balls my friends.

PickApprentice

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    You have to give them credit though... This word for a fix was out and supposedly officials were looking into it.

Well, it's not a hard decision. If you dont draw, your family will be killed by the mafia. It's your choice.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

amazing

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post

Sorry but I love football too much to give credit to anyone for doing something like this. That's some syndicate's dirty business and like PickApprentice said the players pretty much don't have too much choice to make.

I didn't bet on anything here, it's just sad to see wheeling-dealings like these happening more often and often.

DogLover
    DogLover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Glad I had under 2 (-120)

PickApprentice

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post
    Sorry but I love football too much to give credit to anyone for doing something like this. That's some syndicate's dirty business and like PickApprentice said the players pretty much don't have too much choice to make.

I didn't bet on anything here, it's just sad to see wheeling-dealings like these happening more often and often.

Just think about this. The economy is bad, people are losing jobs, the government is failing the citizens. In order for the organisations to survive, match-fixing is an easy way to obtain money. Not surprsied that this is happening, but the rate of occurance is a problem.

Ultimately, what will happen is the Italian football will become less attractive and they will lose out in tv rights and revenue. Let the "invisible hand" sort this problem out

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

this shit is awesome.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

more to come, stay tuned.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not the first time this is happened in Italy... and it sure wont be the last!!

Maybe Parma need to start matchfixing- they were the only team in the bottom 8 of Serie A to lose this weekend