moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Can we have a new sub-forum -- "Ghost-Town"?

I think this would be a superb addition to this site and might make the specified sports forums a little less cluttered. I mean if a poster wants his virtual rooster sucked by himself (his alias/ghost), is it necessary that the rest of the posters (who don't have to deal with the daily issue of insecurity and multiple personalities) have to read through this stuff when trying to look for threads with useful information.

Just a thought to improve forum quality.

-OWNED/Taco/Sean

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

OWNED makes a very good point. He's also the best capper on the forums.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

tacomax makes a very good point about OWNED making a very good point. Of course, first we would have to publicly acknowledge all ghosts, push them out of the closet might be an apt description, and this could lead to more trouble than the sub-forum for ghosts might alleviate. I mean, you might be surprised who owns some of the ghost accounts that have recently signed up. But I will take this topic up with the board this morning at our usual Monday Board Meeting & Kolache Eating Contest.

Sincereley,
    Willie Bee/bigboydan/The Prick

atakdog
    atakdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Is ghosting allowed? If it is, why?

If it isn't, why not crack down on it?

And regardless, I second (third? Who can count 'em?) the suggestion, or strengthen it -- get rid of ghost accounts, please. Maybe then the discourse would be just slightly elevated.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ahh yes...I remember when I made my first alias here (Tacomax) and then I decided that I had more to say but with a slightly different personality so I created another (Owned). Finally I figured I would need another handle (isetcap) specifically for the times I wanted start fights with the forum heavyweights like Pags and BuddyBear.

I have no problem revealing all my ghosts. In fact, I am actually EVERYBODY on this forum. Anybody who thinks they are themselves simply does not realize that I am controlling their posting existence.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    tacomax makes a very good point about OWNED making a very good point. Of course, first we would have to publicly acknowledge all ghosts, push them out of the closet might be an apt description, and this could lead to more trouble than the sub-forum for ghosts might alleviate. I mean, you might be surprised who owns some of the ghost accounts that have recently signed up. But I will take this topic up with the board this morning at our usual Monday Board Meeting & Kolache Eating Contest.

Sincereley,
    Willie Bee/bigboydan/The Prick
    Do tell,

Willie if you won't say it on the air would you mind emailing me and telling me who the ghosts are?
    I say out the ghosts Willie, let everyone know who's ghosting on here so we know who to trust. Sucks that you guys didn't name anyone..

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

That was a joke, Gabe.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

How about an area where only NFL (or NCAA) game predictions are allowed and tracked (no fading and no writeups -or only simple writeups- allowed). I think other forums have NFL prediction only and poster result tracking areas, and wonder why SBR doesn't bother to do this as well.

In a sense, the Prick contest servers this purpose, but it is limited to 4 picks per week.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

jon,

Problem with that is the fact that a lot of good information is exchanged within these threads. We don't want to lose that.