bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9059

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    that is correct.

I am not complaining about it, I made a good chuck of change off of it and it still can recover and go to 60K again. Or it could go down much further. It just doesn't make a lot of sense that its so slow and it costs so much to send. The exact opposite of what it was supposed to do and yet it went up to 20K, then down to 4k and then up to 60K and now under 30K again. Crazy stuff.

People in El Salvador are not liking this.
    Don't know much of the details of whats going on there, but I thought they were trying to get everybody set up on the lightning network (strike). Is that actually happening?

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Don't know much of the details of whats going on there, but I thought they were trying to get everybody set up on the lightning network (strike). Is that actually happening?
    a few days ago someone posted a video about it. Interesting.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Lightning network is great but BTC isn't the currency you want to be doing daily transactions in. There are many faster and cheaper cryptos to use.

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Lightning network is great but BTC isn't the currency you want to be doing daily transactions in. There are many faster and cheaper cryptos to use.
    Yea definitely terrible for daily transactions. Basically, the only type of transaction I think the base layer beats currently is sending wires through Banks. Maybe credit card if your worried about chargebacks and disputes.

What are other cryptos that are still cheap to transact with but have widespread adoption currently? LTC, BCH? Guess ADA and Doge as well?

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    that is correct.

I am not complaining about it, I made a good chuck of change off of it and it still can recover and go to 60K again. Or it could go down much further. It just doesn't make a lot of sense that its so slow and it costs so much to send. The exact opposite of what it was supposed to do and yet it went up to 20K, then down to 4k and then up to 60K and now under 30K again. Crazy stuff.

People in El Salvador are not liking this.
    Yeah these cryptos are not like stocks where you can research them and get an idea of their value, and then make an educated buy at a good price. This crypto shit has no value to research whatsoever. One coin can be worth $1, or $60,000 and it doesn't even matter. Because it isn't based on earnings or making profits.
    There is no "valid reason" for the price of these coins to be $1, or $60,000!
    I think some of the huge gain in price was a bunch of losers who have no idea about investing started buying bit-coin and other crypto with their free money stimulus checks thinking they were going to be gozillionaires in two weeks. Then, just like the Gamestop fiasco, when they start losing, they start panic selling because they have no idea how to invest, they have no idea how to do anything but lose.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Yea definitely terrible for daily transactions. Basically, the only type of transaction I think the base layer beats currently is sending wires through Banks. Maybe credit card if your worried about chargebacks and disputes.

What are other cryptos that are still cheap to transact with but have widespread adoption currently? LTC, BCH? Guess ADA and Doge as well?
    None

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    None
    this is just so wrong to view this subjest this way . back in the days , only people that were good at programming were the ones using computer. you had to understand commands . nowadays you do not need that . everything is happenning behing curtains . you got whole solutions builded on top of those commands . it will be same with crypto . you can already spot the difference in using it now than 3 years ago , 6 years ago , 9 years ago . you will also have great transaction systems , it is just a matter of development. as a matter of fact whenever you are using swift transfer it is another layer solution for banking system . same is working vi sa and so on . I understand this scepticism that bitcoin is too expensive now , because you cannot transfer 100$ because you are paying 15$ or so on. However you need to understand it was invented for smaller number of users . it is all about updating the code or implement 2nd layer solutions , and the main idea in bitcoin as well as ethereum now it is to focus mostly on preserving network security , even with way slower improvements . saying there are not any payment solutions which are promising is just pathetic

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30443

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    this is just so wrong to view this subjest this way . back in the days , only people that were good at programming were the ones using computer. you had to understand commands . nowadays you do not need that . everything is happenning behing curtains . you got whole solutions builded on top of those commands . it will be same with crypto . you can already spot the difference in using it now than 3 years ago , 6 years ago , 9 years ago . you will also have great transaction systems , it is just a matter of development. as a matter of fact whenever you are using swift transfer it is another layer solution for banking system . same is working vi sa and so on . I understand this scepticism that bitcoin is too expensive now , because you cannot transfer 100$ because you are paying 15$ or so on. However you need to understand it was invented for smaller number of users . it is all about updating the code or implement 2nd layer solutions , and the main idea in bitcoin as well as ethereum now it is to focus mostly on preserving network security , even with way slower improvements . saying there are not any payment solutions which are promising is just pathetic
    Did I say they aren't promising ? No

I said none have widespread adoption (including btc) and that is correct

Doesn't mean it can't get there some day but as of now bitcoin and cryptos have no real world use case other than speculation

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

The one thing that stands out to be about this crypto, especially BTC - is that apparently scarcity doesn't equal higher value.

All I see, read, hear about, is this country and that country cracking down on miners. Always an article about some huge mining farm getting shut-down by a government somewhere in the world.

Along with articles or people always stating that a majority(I think I've seen reports as high as 90%) of all bitcoins in existence are owned by like 1000 people.

And yet, the price has kept dropping since it's all time high.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dymd3z

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by MrSink View Post
    I'm always curious about the whole blockchain technology as in "how 'Unique' is it?" Because when you read the "details" or the "about" section for a digital coin/token/etc. on Coinbase - or any trading platform - the descriptions always read like it's something unique, yet at same time sounds vaguely similar to what another coin is allegedly doing.

Like with the banks saying they're "exploring" or "creating" a new branch to "invest" in crypto - to me that means they're probably just looking into it more in order to see if it's feasible to create their own blockchain, as well as for tax write-off purposes.

Because what's stopping the big banks from just creating their own blockchain(s)?

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

If you've already sold I wouldn't buy back in now. If you are still holding I wouldn't sell either. Sometimes you just have to wait and see what happens.
    I think we will bounce around in this price range for a while still.
    This. I sold at 50-52k and have just been farming with stabelcoins since, but if I were hodling, I wouldnt dump now....its too late.

Also wouldnt buy quite yet either. We could go down to 20k, idk........but I always wait for clear reversals before buying. I dont get the bottom but I always dont buy then it dumps further. In 2019, I didnt buy at $3000.....I bought back in at 4000-5000 when it sent a $1000 candle and I knew it was safe again.

ace7550

LTC is my favorite. Transactions usually confirm within 5 minutes and it costs pennies to send.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

LTC is my favorite. Transactions usually confirm within 5 minutes and it costs pennies to send.
    one reason why I think with some adoption Hbar can become king transactions are almost instant 3-4 secs and costs fractions of a penny

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    one reason why I think with some adoption Hbar can become king transactions are almost instant 3-4 secs and costs fractions of a penny
    Ultimately this is what's needed. When it is faster and cheaper than any other form of payment it will have better adoption.
    Never underestimate the power of convenience.

JoeCool20
    SBR Poker is ALL Freakin Wild Donk Luck!
    JoeCool20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 727

Ultimately this is what's needed. When it is faster and cheaper than any other form of payment it will have better adoption.
    YES to all this! And since the point of crypto was/is to be able to make CHEAP and anonymous transactions, then what reason is there for it to be an "investment"?? And what reason is there for it to go 2, or 5, or 10 times up (or down) in price/value in 3 or 4 months? I don't think there is any reason for that. Hell, just set the price of a BTC or LTC or ETH at a certain amount and leave it alone and let people make cheap transactions with it! But it is too late for that now.
    Too many people have bought it now to hold it as an investment and not even use it for its intended purpose!

DreaAngie
    DreaAngie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Everything is pumping!!! Let's effing goooooooooo!!!

DreaAngie
    DreaAngie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My Ada and Omi bags are ready; hell, even my shi* coin AstroElon (ElonOne) is pumping.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool20 View Post
    YES to all this! And since the point of crypto was/is to be able to make CHEAP and anonymous transactions, then what reason is there for it to be an "investment"?? And what reason is there for it to go 2, or 5, or 10 times up (or down) in price/value in 3 or 4 months? I don't think there is any reason for that. Hell, just set the price of a BTC or LTC or ETH at a certain amount and leave it alone and let people make cheap transactions with it! But it is too late for that now.
    Too many people have bought it now to hold it as an investment and not even use it for its intended purpose!
    setting price to what ? what would be your point of reference ? usd ? I do not think it is a good idea . looking at history btc is holding value better than usd . that s why plenty of people want to invest in it , that why you got rampant swings. every asset class is volatile in price discovery phase. it will be more stable in the future. then on top of bitcoin you can build 2nd layer solutions that are super stable , cheap , fast . thats normal proccess

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by DreaAngie View Post
    Theres some bitcoin meeting with Elon Musk and the Twitter guy today. Wouldnt get too excited.

biggie12

what are your thoughts on hedera hashgraph?

I dont ever see much talk about it. Big names behind it IBM google etc... But not shown nearly enough love? I think anything under 20 cents is a good buy for a long term hold.on this one

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Theres some bitcoin meeting with Elon Musk and the Twitter guy today. Wouldnt get too excited.
    The Dodgey-Father should go penetrate himself and then go hype up the kids about some dopey coin named after himself.

We know he is not a moron, so he doesn't have that excuse. So it has to be he is scammer or just and egomaniac talks shit without researching and doesn't care about the people (many youngsters like my nephew and niece) he "promised" that DOGE was going to be the peoples currency.

Then the piece of work starts claiming it uses too much power, when just one single bank (BofA) uses more electricity per day than bitcoin miners.

Guy has proven himself to be selfish, egocentric, complete douche canoe IMHO.

Not mentioning his name in the same sentence of crypto ever again would be the best move all of us on board the train could make.

penetrate him and anything he touches.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by DreaAngie View Post
    On board !!!!!

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Oh yes

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    what are your thoughts on hedera hashgraph?

I dont ever see much talk about it. Big names behind it IBM google etc... But not shown nearly enough love? I think anything under 20 cents is a good buy for a long term hold.on this one
    Definitely looks like it could accomplish the goal of fast, cheap transactions. I also like that it's POW and not POS. I admit I haven't done a lot of research on this one though. Do you own some?

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Charge!!!!

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The Dodgey-Father should go penetrate himself and then go hype up the kids about some dopey coin named after himself.

We know he is not a moron, so he doesn't have that excuse. So it has to be he is scammer or just and egomaniac talks shit without researching and doesn't care about the people (many youngsters like my nephew and niece) he "promised" that DOGE was going to be the peoples currency.

Then the piece of work starts claiming it uses too much power, when just one single bank (BofA) uses more electricity per day than bitcoin miners.

Guy has proven himself to be selfish, egocentric, complete douche canoe IMHO.

Not mentioning his name in the same sentence of crypto ever again would be the best move all of us on board the train could make.

penetrate him and anything he touches.
    Yea, wish we could just wish him away...but we're stuck with him as long as he knows he can manipulate this market.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Automatic bitcoin buy when it hits 29,000.. Oooops I did it again just yesterday. Back up to almost 32,000 today.. ..

Can make money with the big swings after a buy and dump like this. Rinse and repeat.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

elon will pump it today if cathie wood shows him her strap-ons

The ₿ Word | Live with Cathie Wood, Jack Dorsey, & Elon Musk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwx_7XAJ3p0

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I'll buy Bitcoin at $25,000 in September.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

i buy if saylor sells

biggie12

Definitely looks like it could accomplish the goal of fast, cheap transactions. I also like that it's POW and not POS. I admit I haven't done a lot of research on this one though. Do you own some?
    No I dont but I've been looking into it

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I'll buy Bitcoin at $25,000 in September.
    You mean you'll buy Bitcoin at 45,000-55,000$ in September, right?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

It looks like BULL RUN resumes..

Bitcoin Bull was exhausted since we climbed to 60's WAY TOO FAST!
    Enough break! Let the Bull Run CONTINUE!
    Points Awarded:

Arky gave Sawyer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ejfel01
    ejfel01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Nano is getting traction, fee-less and instant. Can use at most places that accept altcoins.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by ejfel01 View Post
    Nano is getting traction, fee-less and instant. Can use at most places that accept altcoins.
    Salud. How much does the current banking system suck? Who likes to wait for $$ to clear?

First ... 115116117118119120121 ... Last