VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Oil Up To $105.00/Barrel Today

This is absolutely astonishing. We could all be in serious trouble come Memorial Day...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Serious trouble?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If you can't afford to buy gas for your car sell it. It amazes me when people can afford $6 coffees from Starbucks but complain about a gallon of gas going up a few pennies.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Serious trouble?
    Well...I guess $5.00/gal gasoline doesn't effect you then. I'm not hurting, but who the fuk wants to spend $5.00 for a gallon of gas?!?

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If you can't afford to buy gas for your car sell it. It amazes me when people can afford $6 coffees from Starbucks but complain about a gallon of gas going up a few pennies.
    Another well played response from Pavy. Give me a break dude, sell your car?

People do have to get to work and not everyone has a public transit system they can utilize.

Serious post and two joke responses already. Nice work, SBR.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Why would you assume its going to be $5.00 a gallon? I don't think a lot of negative thinking and doom & gloom predictions bring anything remotely positive.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zam77

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is new to you how? They've been saying for months that $5 gas was coming. Now that no one cares about Japan again ... we can pretend like Libya is important to raise the price of oil.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

this is bad news sounds like its only going to get worse gas prices suck

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

People do have to get to work and not everyone has a public transit system they can utilize.

Says the guy that makes up bullshit on these forums.....sell your car and buy a bike like hong kong....I got a F-150($100+ to fill up) and I'm not bitching....

VegasInsider
    Update your status

opie,

It's not thinking negatively, it's reality. We should probably get used to the fact that gasoline is going to be VERY expensive, in terms of historical price, and adjust our drive patterns accordingly. Now, if this doesn't effect your wallet then that's great.

Just thought a friendly reminder to the readers of PT would be nice. Who knows, maybe it'll help someone stash a little extra money away for the summer months.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Says the guy that makes up bullshit on these forums.....sell your car and buy a bike like hong kong....I got a F-150($100+ to fill up) and I'm not bitching....
    That was a choice you made to buy an F-150, so you shouldn't be bitching. You would really deserve a smack in the head if you purchased an F-150 and were bitching about gas prices now (unless the truck is a work necessity, which is understandable).

Just because you can afford gasoline doesn't mean someone else should have to sell their car, buy a bike or move to Hong Kong.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

thats gotta be outdated, just talked to a friend in NY, said gas was nearing $4, and europe gas is approaching $8 a gallon.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    thats gotta be outdated, just talked to a friend in NY, said gas was nearing $4, and europe gas is approaching $8 a gallon.
    I know, that's all I found.... It's $4.35 here in LA.....

Macnqueso
    Macnqueso's Avatar Become A Pro!

not cool

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

It's $4.35 here in LA.....

VegasInsider
    Update your status

The next question to ask is why are prices so high in Europe?

Is it because of the massive public transit systems and less people drive?

Are the gas efficiencies so high that prices must be higher to make up for less gas being used?

Is the gas highly taxed by the country?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

We all knew it was going up. Should have jumped on oil stocks. I flipped RAMO twice already this month, and hit some nice gains on a few other runners (ZLUS in particular).

Are you the hammer or the nail?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post

VegasInsider
    Update your status

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    We all knew it was going up. Should have jumped on oil stocks. I flipped RAMO twice already this month, and hit some nice gains on a few other runners (ZLUS in particular).

Are you the hammer or the nail?
    Fortunately, I'm the hammer. I wouldn't have very many clients if I wasn't. Thank goodness the insurance business has been steady, the turbulent markets make people very apprehensive to buy/sell which cuts into my commissions.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

**** who needs gas when you can use Metro here in DC. Im good for life.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Are the gas efficiencies so high that prices must be higher to make up for less gas being used?

I think, it's because those nations want to be less dependent of oil.......Something America refuses to do.....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

I don't think $5 per gallon gas is that expensive. Compared to other stuff people buy everyday. Like I said no one is bitching about $6 a cup coffees and the business is booming. People pay $150 month or more for cell phone bills. I can name other stuff people buy everyday that are overpriced and are doing great business but gas is not that expensive. So if you don't like the gas prices sell your car. It's plain simple. No one is forcing you to own a car.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Pavy,

You make good points about people paying much higher prices for things less important than gasoline. I totally understand that and I'm one of these people to an extent.

I guess I never realized how high the gas prices were in other parts of the world. I knew they were more expensive, but not so drastic than the United States.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

If the cost of gas did not go up like everything else does than we would have serious issues.

C'mon guy.

If you want to moan, moan about the fact that alternative energy is kept in a tiny, dark box in the basement.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I think it's because they mostly use diesel. But I dont know if thatis the reason, so dont quote me on that.

What I do know is that European countries tax the shit out of their gas. The US taxes gas around 11% while Europeans are fukking getting taxed around 70%. Seventy fukking percent.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Astonishing? How so? It was predicted to be far over $105 a barrel before now....I am not really surprised or worried....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    I think it's because they mostly use diesel. But I dont know if thatis the reason, so dont quote me on that.

What I do know is that European countries tax the shit out of their gas. The US taxes gas around 11% while Europeans are fukking getting taxed around 70%. Seventy fukking percent.
    Gas is cheaper in the US because there isn't really any mass public transport system except maybe New York City. Most of the people live in small towns and their only means of transportation is their vehicle so the government doesn't tax gas as much. In Europe most cities are connected with state of art fast rail systems and you can go travel between the major and smaller cities by train with less money than you need if it were to buy gas for your car. So the gasoline taxes in Europe are used to pay for the mass transit systems therefore reducing traffic congestion from vehicles.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Major oil producers in the middle east in absolute turmoil. Surprised oil isn't at $150 a barrel or more.