ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Is there any way I can link my email to my phone?

Don't have a smartphone or anything like that. Just an old, crappy, basic flip phone. I want to be able to receive my email messages on the go. Is there a way I can link them, or at least certain senders to my email? I was thinking there would possibly be a way for twitter to do it, otherwise I don't know where to start. Also don't wanna pay Verizon Wireless any more money to receive these texts.

ClimbSomeRocks

nevermind, upon further research every phone has an email address of it's own. Just gotta set up auto forwarding.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

just buy a smartphone

ClimbSomeRocks

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    just buy a smartphone
    why? I don't NEED one right now I just WANT one. There's quite a difference, especially because I'm paying off student loans and not expecting to start my career since 2013. Also, all phones have an email address and I was able to figure it out on my phone just by adding @vtext.com to the end of my 10 digit number. Got the forwarding set up, now when I drop my phone I don't have to worry about it at all because it is a tank. Can't say the same about the $200+ smartphone that's screen just broke.

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Just trying to get this thirteen point parlay winner

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

glad it worked out for you fella

sundin4prez
    sundin4prez's Avatar Become A Pro!

wait, is there any way you can explain this to me? or provide a link? thanks

ClimbSomeRocks

Quote Originally Posted by sundin4prez View Post
    wait, is there any way you can explain this to me? or provide a link? thanks
    http://tinywords.com/about-old/mobile/

there ya go.

alienware
    alienware's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah if your phone was made after 1990 you fuken loser

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Not having a smartphone is fukking pathetic, pal.

ClimbSomeRocks

Some of you are pathetic. My parents don't give me handouts, and I'm about to graduate college and have to start paying back student loans. Forgive me for being practical and managing my money so that as I go through this time of my life I won't go broke or into CC debt. I'll get a smart phone when I can afford one, until then, the amount of money I could stand to make by having this extra convenience will not offset the cost of the smartphone. It's purely a -EV move at this point

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Stay practical, ClimbSomeRocks. Nobody here is paying your bills but you.

For those who want the list:
    http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/03/01/h...email-address/

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

there are plenty of smart phones that are free with the cell phone contract

i get people who wanna use their phones just to make and receive calls but this doesn't make any sense to me unless its a prepaid

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by ClimbSomeRocks View Post
    Some of you are pathetic. My parents don't give me handouts, and I'm about to graduate college and have to start paying back student loans. Forgive me for being practical and managing my money so that as I go through this time of my life I won't go broke or into CC debt. I'll get a smart phone when I can afford one, until then, the amount of money I could stand to make by having this extra convenience will not offset the cost of the smartphone. It's purely a -EV move at this point
    So let me see if I get this straight. Your parents didn't pay for your education, meaning they are either poor or you are studying something so useless they don't support. Strike one.

You are going to start paying back student loans meaning you haven't actually been paying for your education. Begs the question why you didn't have any money before starting school, why you haven't made any money while attending school, and why you feel you won't have any money once you finish school. Strike two.

If you think buying a smartphone is going to make you go broke or into CC debt, clearly you have no idea how the world works and might want to go back to school for something a little more practical so you don't graduate a retard again. Strike 3.

If you think the money saved from a smartphone's cost gives you "extra convenience" that really implies quite a few things but mostly that you don't have a girlfriend, a lot of friends, or any real job opportunities available. Strike 4? You're fukked, pal.

There are 14 year old kids with a brighter future than you right now, pal. They got smartphones and paper routes.

DblDeuce
    DblDeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sending email by phone comes handy many times