Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Guidance Needed: Stealing Basic Cable

Anybody work for time warner or comcast

There is a junction box attached to my house and it is locked preventing me from getting my cable. Its a simple lock, the type you see on electric meters.

Any easy way of breaking these things off What does the inside look like

Yours In Christ,
    Extra Innings

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes, a pair of fukin pliers will take it off. Just run a cable to your neighbors box, you'll have whatever channels they have

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    yes, a pair of fukin pliers will take it off. Just run a cable to your neighbors box, you'll have whatever channels they have
    It's not that simple, I kind of live in a city...everybody also has weapons and will shoot you if you walk on their property.

ryanspeer2001
    Punta Cana '15
    ryanspeer2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Easier approach if you live in a row home or strip of homes where the houses are connected behind your cable socket in the wall going up will be the splitters.......you do what you have to from there.

Extra Innings

Here is the lock

I would have to replace it or make it look untampered with after doing the deed.

Extra Innings

This is exactly what I need. How do you seal these things?

Anybody work for a power company so I don't have to buy 100 of these things for 43.00 bucks

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    It's not that simple, I kind of live in a city...everybody also has weapons and will shoot you if you walk on their property.
    tell your neighbor you're gonna do it. If you're like me the neighbor wont say anything because he doesnt want to be on your bad side

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspeer2001 View Post
    Easier approach if you live in a row home or strip of homes where the houses are connected behind your cable socket in the wall going up will be the splitters.......you do what you have to from there.
    Nope...its a single family home. I am reading some of the penalties...I may just have them come and hook it up

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    tell your neighbor you're gonna do it. If you're like me the neighbor wont say anything because he doesnt want to be on your bad side

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

..every time the cable guy goes up my pole I peek through the windows and hide and pray he does not snip my life away..if he does I'll shimy back up dat pole troll

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

They can still monitor your movement

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by StraitShooter View Post
    ..every time the cable guy goes up my pole I peek through the windows and hide and pray he does not snip my life away..if he does I'll shimy back up dat pole troll
    Seriously considering it and it would be soo easy but I am reading that they can measure resistance on the lines by pinging the connection. Fines range from 25k to two years in jail (just like tampering with a electric box). Seems a little risky IMO.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

My roommate did this at our old place. Climbed the pole, followed the wire, screwed ours back into working position, replaced the tag. Free cable for 6 months. The neighbor formerly worked at comcast though she he had spare tags. BOL guy.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10539

Basic cable is all you'll get.Without the box inside which is controlled by comcast you will get no HD or digital.Things have changed over the years.Risk isn't worth reward.

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Wow! Those are some major penalties! Just for some phuking cable?? How do you give someone 2 years in jail for cable?

Take my advise dude, you don't need cable. I've been without it for 3 years now. Haven't looked back since. I can watch everything on the internet. The NCAA tournament is being broadcast on cbssports.com for free. Every single game is on there.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Get a dish

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

EI, you are a father to your cats. Their sole provider.

Please do not risk 2 years in the clink and/or serious fines for some free cable when the majority of the stuff on tv is whore shit anyway.

Listen to Inevitable - stream stuff for free if you don't want to spend the cash on cable the legit way.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

when i moved in the cable box was wide open. Been like that for years. Just a twist tie on the box. But I have dish anyways. Search ebay for i-link you're welcome.

COYLO
    COYLO's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7596

can you guy's not get the box chipped no? i know our old cable box was chipped

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Cable is dying, the crazy costs of it is driving folks to "cut the cord" and stream games/shows off the internet and/or Boxee, Apple TV, Google TV, Netflix, yadda, yadda. In 2-3 years The Democrats will have to "bail out" the cable companies to keep their poor cable company workers (mostly democrats) in jobs.

Don't believe me, watch the stupid Democrats burn our money in this no fly-zone shit in Libya just because the Europeans and the Arab League told them to "do it".

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

Just don't do it.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Anybody work for time warner or comcast

There is a junction box attached to my house and it is locked preventing me from getting my cable. Its a simple lock, the type you see on electric meters.

Any easy way of breaking these things off What does the inside look like

Yours In Christ,
    Extra Innings

Please just do it....and then let us know how the ass ripping was when you go to jail....again nothing amazes me on people who post here

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

A DaveTV emulator back in the day was the way to go. Pay for basic and then unlock every channel on the box, even PPV. That was a sad day when they started issuing new decoder cards.