TD
    TD's Avatar Become A Pro!

hate seeing peers past me by

here i'am jobless and broke and some of peers already has a degree and a good job. I'm chasing a dream that i'm not sure i can complete. i get me wrong, i'm not a losing player, but this income is unstable.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

gambling def is unstable. i dont see how any of those guys say they are a pro gambler. it is a fun dream but unrealistic for most of us...

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

start trapping, just dont get caught like some posters here

LegitBet
    steelers
    LegitBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep yes and you're correct.
    When I played the stock market I called it investing but I knew it was gambling.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bro just grind it out mane. Im broke with no job too lol but you just gotta keep moving foward day by day.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

It doesn't matter who you are, but you are going to have peers who will pass you by (especially if your criteria is degree/job, which is just another way of saying career and money).

It is your lack of happiness with your current situation that is the problem.

That being said, if you have friends who have completed degrees while you've wasted your life away, then its time to do something about it...

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

it's never to late to try for the things your friends or acquaintances have

TD
    TD's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    It doesn't matter who you are, but you are going to have peers who will pass you by (especially if your criteria is degree/job, which is just another way of saying career and money).

It is your lack of happiness with your current situation that is the problem.

That being said, if you have friends who have completed degrees while you've wasted your life away, then its time to do something about it...
    I can’t go back to school. It would be another few yrs of clueless grind. Even after that I’m not guarantee my happens. if I choose investing, I might go broke one day and i don't have that much to work with either. There’s no easy answer.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

should've gone to school in the first place

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

get used to it if you gamble

tenbas
    tenbas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3855

Quote Originally Posted by LegitBet View Post
    Yep yes and you're correct. When I played the stock market I called it investing but I knew it was gambling.
    That, sir, is bullscheiz. Stock market is gambling if you don't know what you are doing.

Bosseman22
    Bosseman22's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43540

that's life

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

They have jobs, women and places to live?

Wow.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont focus on others. only yourself. i used to do that and it just got me down

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

Quote Originally Posted by mw00 View Post
    gambling def is unstable. i dont see how any of those guys say they are a pro gambler. it is a fun dream but unrealistic for most of us...
    Everybody thinks that a pro gambler looks like a guy who makes thousands of dollars daily just by investing 1000-2000 dollar.

A pro gambler plays slowly, spends 10 hour daily examining the stats with his own software. I pro gambler can write analyzing programs in java or c.

If you are a pro gambler you're a geek, who works hard for every cent and makes around 20-40% profit yearly from sports betting.

I know this from myself. You can't be a pro gambler if you're not a geek.

In 2010 I made 19,2% profit and in 2011 I'm up at 4% profit, so it's not easy for pro gamblers but it's the only way to make betting on sports profitable.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

While doing what you currently do,when you have free time,try to see things in 10,15 and 20 years from now.If you are not comfortable with where you will be then,you probably need to think of some alternatives for down the road.With that said,the grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side.Many of those guys are envious of you and you do not know it.
    Nothing happens over night. Give it a lot of thought . It took me about 10 years to finally leave my job that I started when I was 20, once I realized it might not be something I wanted to do forever.I left it at the age of 45.It was very tough but after years of thought,it worked out perfectly.
    If you are a pro player, you are very smart and gifted with numbers.Most people can't comprehend things that you take for granted.Just relax and start thinking and at some point you will figure out what is best for you.Won't happen overnight but you will get it. I am positive of that.

Grass
    Grass's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leverage. Leverage what you know already and be the best at it. Hopefully this expertise can be monetized.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Work hard. Save Money. Grind it Out.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Hate seeing piers pass me by!!
    If I had a nickle for every time
    I've heard this in Japan this week...

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

your day will come, keep at it and go hard!!!

constrictor
    constrictor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1473

No need to hurry if your real good.

If your one of the best you'll be up there sooner or later.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

A dude I went to school with, Eric Olsen, played Jim Carreys role in Dumb and Dumber 2.

Another guy, who I ran around with, Tavian Banks, ended up in the NFL for a couple of seasons.

A younger kid named Tyree Davis, who me and my cousin used to play HORSE with, started calling himself Ricky Davis and ended up in the NBA.

And then there's me, pot head gambler who knows how to trade some stocks. I'm able to hustle up a pretty decent living but you can drive yourself crazy comparing yourself to others.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Get a degree and a real job. Earn money and continue to gamble. When you have a couple of good years gambling and are okay with the profits made then you can quit your job and focus full time.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I can’t go back to school. It would be another few yrs of clueless grind. Even after that I’m not guarantee my happens. if I choose investing, I might go broke one day and i don't have that much to work with either. There’s no easy answer.
    Its better do years in the clueless grind than to still be in this position in a few years time.

Find a job where you start small, but has opportunity to grow. Unfortunately, with the lack of skills, it will probably have to be sales.

Alternatively, learn a trade - you'll have a crap few years of pay and its a tough slog, but in this time of natural disasters, tradies are going to clean up during the rebuilding.

For godsake, gambling is not the answer. On that note, anyone heard from that bloke who said he was going to Reno?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

everyone wants the easy out without working at it...all of his "peers" passed him by while this guy's half illiterate and doesn't do sh1t about it

fukk this guy

emoney
    emoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

If you are young, it is not too late to do something about it.

mitote
    mitote's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5348

Simple solution! You know this will be how you will end up! Just do it now and get it over with!

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

get away from this life and look up some of your peers who "past" you by. see if they can help you find a job. don't dwell on your mistakes in the "passed"- concentrate on making a better future for yourself.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

it's amazing he could even figure out how to log in here

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 537

You should have passed English class, instead of walking past the classroom !!!!