bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Why aint gas 50 cents a gallon?

**** we took over one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world, spent trillions of dollars killing those sand monkeys, lost a few thousand lives at least I oughta be able to fill my tank up for a 10 spot in return, I mean what the ***** the point in going to war if you dont get shit when you win
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Powderguy

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Word, $3.59 in fuking central PA now, FUK!!

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

50 cents a gallon? It will never be 50 cents a gallon even if crude oil was free. There are 50 cents per gallon in taxes only.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

um because our own politicians are heavily invested in oil...They only go to war to control it even more. The more they control it the safer their investment is. Think of it as simply securing their assets.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    **** we took over one of the biggest oil producing countries in the world, spent trillions of dollars killing those sand monkeys, lost a few thousand lives at least I oughta be able to fill my tank up for a 10 spot in return, I mean what the ***** the point in going to war if you dont get shit when you win
    we did not win

we got our asses kicked

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Time to start shooting towel people and taking their stuff.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

3.69 here un fukkin real

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Time to start shooting towel people and taking their stuff.
    Have you been in a coma? We started doing that 10 years ago.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Getting rid of Saddam Hussein does not equate to "taking over" anything.

I have no doubt that part of the motivation for ousting Saddam (as opposed to e.g. Kim Jong Il) was access to Iraqi oilfields for US producers. It didn't work.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I agree

Those fukkin sand monkeys are taking us broke. This is bullshit

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL sand monkeys

LOL

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    we did not win

we got our asses kicked
    dont misinterpret holding back to losing a war you cant win..Thats why bin laden has to live in a cave 100 feet below the ground and hide for the rest of his life if he aint dead already

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, see these gas prices, and you ain't seen nothing yet, and resultant overall inflation will soon stop whatever small recovery may have been underway. Now all that is left is to bust the unions, the biggest contributors to the Democratic Party, and BINGO, you got yourself a one term president.

Brought to you by your friends that gave you that last minute, midnight gift that keeps right on ticking..... the UIEGA.

stc1709
    stc1709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

will be paying 5.00 before you know it

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Getting rid of Saddam Hussein does not equate to "taking over" anything.

I have no doubt that part of the motivation for ousting Saddam (as opposed to e.g. Kim Jong Il) was access to Iraqi oilfields for US producers. It didn't work.
    Who's gonna stop us from marching in and taking a few trillion worth of oil to get us even for the trillions in tax dollars and lives lost invading that sandpit? Is Osama gonna crawl out from his cave and throw some rocks at us?

I went to the gas station today and had to fork over 70 bucks for a fill up that should be around 10, my fuel tank was on E now my wallets on E
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-06-11 at 07:25 PM.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Perhaps if obama let us drill our own shit, we could get somewhere.

onizuka
    onizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

in my country it's still 50 cents per liter

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Who's gonna stop us from marching in and taking a few trillion worth of oil to get us even for the trillions in tax dollars and lives lost invading that sandpit? Is Osama gonna crawl out from his cave and throw some rocks at us?

I went to the gas station today and had to fork over 70 bucks for a fill up that should be around 10, my fuel tank was on E now my wallets on E
    Did you watch the (objective) news anytime in 2003 or 2004?

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Stupid question gets stupid answers.

Recurring
    Recurring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 720

Gas is 3.49 here in East Tennessee.. Sucks to fill up my little bitty mazda at 40 dollars.. wtf.

EddieMony
    EddieMony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tax on gas sucks

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Did you watch the (objective) news anytime in 2003 or 2004?
    We got a military that can rape ya by land/sea/air, I promise ya that, Im not just giving em that credit bc Im a biased American that thinks we're tougher than everyone else, Im telling ya that cuz we spend 3000x more on military tech, when that fukin remote control hellfire missile firing plane comes over head you're fuckin ******, when some F-18s are dropping 100k dollar a piece smart bombs on ya like they're fuckin confetti your ******. There aint no sand monkeys armed with some IEDs thats gonna stop the US from doing whatever they want

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

We got a military that can rape ya by land/sea/air, I promise ya that, Im not just giving em that credit bc Im a biased American that thinks we're tougher than everyone else, Im telling ya that cuz we spend 3000x more on military tech, when that fukin remote control hellfire missile firing plane comes over head you're fuckin ******, when some F-18s are dropping 100k dollar a piece smart bombs on ya like they're fuckin confetti your ******. There aint no sand monkeys armed with some IEDs thats gonna stop the US from doing whatever they want
    Yes very good but you didn't answer my question.

bettilimbroke999

Honestly, I dont watch the news much, I dont even think there is "objective" news is this country anyway, just always feels like Im watching somebodys agenda, the Jews control it all anyway so whats the chance of them giving a fair/unbiased account of the war with their enemies

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

YOU didn't do anything unless you were over there putting your life at risk.

I believe all infantry military personnel should be entitled to that 50 cents/gallon gas you speak of. Everyone else should be paying a little extra to make up for it.

This means $4/gallon for YOU AND ME.[/color]
    Last edited by andywend; 03-06-11 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Removed all of those DISGUSTING color add-on's

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Actually, the United States imports the majority of its' oil from .....

CANADA

And the 2nd-place country that provides our oil?

MEXICO

How funny that you think that invading a country in the middle east should lower the cost of our oil, when we get the majority of our oil from our northern and southern neighbors. Do some more research. Then talk.
    Last edited by chilidog; 03-06-11 at 08:57 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    YOU didn't do anything unless you were over there putting your life at risk.

I believe all infantry military personnel should be entitled to that 50 cents/gallon gas you speak of. Everyone else should be paying a little extra to make up for it.

This means $4/gallon for YOU AND ME.[/color]
    YOU and ME and everyone else in this country funded it with our tax dollars. Im also really tired of this "hero" complex US military have when every one of em is just in it for the money, in truth almost no US military action since WW2 has influenced the world for the better, however our unbelievable level of military support for Israel and frequent military actions has definitely influenced the world and this country in particular for the worse. Its just a bunch of guys that passed up a job at McDs for the 30k signing bonus, guaranteed college paid for, guaranteed retirement when they're 40 for the rest of their life that they couldnt get anywhere else but the military
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 03-06-11 at 09:35 PM.

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots

Honestly, I dont watch the news much, I dont even think there is "objective" news is this country anyway, just always feels like Im watching somebodys agenda, the Jews control it all anyway so whats the chance of them giving a fair/unbiased account of the war with their enemies
    Suffice to say that the only way any semblance of order was brought about was negotiating with the various factions that were wreaking havoc.

Those factions could have destroyed the pipelines and other infrastructure pretty much at will.

Could overwhelming force have been used? Probably yes but by that stage the US public had lost its appetite for changing Iraq.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

YOU and ME and everyone else in this country funded it with our tax dollars.
    If "tax dollars" are the issue, then the rich should be paying 50c/gallon while the poor should be paying around $6.00/gallon since the rich pay the most taxes.

In truth, tax dollars were NOT used to fund the war in Iraq as the entire cost of the war effort was simply tacked on to our country's deficit. The next generation and the generation after that are the ones who will be paying for this war.
    Im also really tired of this "hero" complex US military have when every one of em is just in it for the money, in truth almost no US military action since WW2 has influenced the world for the better, however our unbelievable level of military support for Israel and frequent military actions has definitely influenced the world and this country in particular for the worse. Its just a bunch of guys that passed up a job at McDs for the 30k signing bonus, guaranteed college paid for, guaranteed retirement when they're 40 for the rest of their life that they couldnt get anywhere else but the military
    Are you actually making the claim that those serving in the military are OVERPAID?

I have no idea where you lean politically but after reading this, I would risk my house and say you're a liberal democrat since they are wrong about every single darn thing.

Instead of posting a response which you would probably find offensive, I'll simply say that I completely disagree with everything you said and call it a day.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

50 cents a gallon would be sweeeeeetttt. Course it will be soon 5.50 a gallon

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    If "tax dollars" are the issue, then the rich should be paying 50c/gallon while the poor should be paying around $6.00/gallon since the rich pay the most taxes.

In truth, tax dollars were NOT used to fund the war in Iraq as the entire cost of the war effort was simply tacked on to our country's deficit. The next generation and the generation after that are the ones who will be paying for this war.Are you actually making the claim that those serving in the military are OVERPAID?

I have no idea where you lean politically but after reading this, I would risk my house and say you're a liberal democrat since they are wrong about every single darn thing.

Instead of posting a response which you would probably find offensive, I'll simply say that I completely disagree with everything you said and call it a day.
    If my dollars are used to fund the war then my dollars get saved at the pump, if you think the rich are the only ones that should take advantage of tax funded programs then you sir are quite deluded and I should get to hang on to the money they tell me is due April 16th (I wish your dumbass worked for the IRS), the rich are the ones who least would benefit from .50/gal gas anyway, what difference would it make to Bill Gates, oh I made a million bucks today sittin on my ass but I had to pay 70 bucks to fill up my car woe is me, darnit, idiots like you are why the country is 5 minutes from SS collapsing and none of the middle and lower classes getting a cent for their retirement that they contributed to their whole lives, keep taxes low on the rich make sure Bill Gates can afford that 10th yacht this year, yea good thinking

As far as OVERPAID as you capitalize like an ultraconservative idiot, no of course they're not overpaid, they do a very dangerous job, that job is just not needed to defend the country, end these bullshit pointless wars and cut the military budget in half, any country crazy enough to invade us will enjoy an hour before mushroom clouds cover their major cities. I DO think that if you watch TV and notice oh yea well give you 25k signup no I mean 35k signup no I mean 45k signup to quit McDs and come stand around in the desert for no reason its hard to call someone a hero, thats just their fuckin job, most do it for 20 years so they can get their guaranteed lifetime retirement that McDs definitely wasnt offering and then quit, complete indication that whether you think they are overpaid or not they did it for the money, so apparently the military was paying better than whatever other opportunities they had. People almost always choose the best financial opportunity for them, thats just the way it is, if it pays so badly theyd have worked somewhere else.

ROGUE63
    ROGUE63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Quote Originally Posted by stc1709 View Post
    will be paying 5.00 before you know it
    canadians are payinng 5 bucks a gallon and look at the oil we produce

Bartmeister
    Bartmeister's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish we all had a company gas card to use.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by ROGUE63 View Post
    canadians are payinng 5 bucks a gallon and look at the oil we produce
    Thats pretty fuked up, Im starting to think these oil prices must be rigged somehow

12 Last