Poppa K
    Poppa K's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone own a Bose Ipod Docking Station?

I own and have owned Bose Sound equipment for years. I started with 401 Speakers years ago. I love their sound. Went to the Acoustic wave, now own home their sound system and outdoor speakers as well. Great around the back yard.

Does anybody own the Ipod docking station? It sounds great up front, just wondering if it holds it sound. And the portable unit....is it worth the cash?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

hugh4310
    hugh4310's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Bose are very impressive, the sound is amazing!

teddyd
    teddyd's Avatar Become A Pro!

My wife has the Bose docking station. It sounds pretty good but sometimes the MP3 quality isn't so great so it doesn't match up. But, the sound is strong and we even used it for my brother's backyard wedding so it does carry. I think they are a little expensive though so not 100% sure it's worth it unless you have some extra spending cash or would use it a lot.

JimmysEgo
    JimmysEgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

very overpriced. when someone is allowed (or able) to duplicate their technology, the price will start dropping.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

I got a bluetooth speaker from Logitech that lets me play my music wirelessly from my iPhone. It's great to have but it's definitely not an answer for great sound quality. It's awesome on the golf course....especially when play is slow or there's a game on.

Can you use the Bose ones wirelessly?

And what other brands or models are good?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

If Bose is in your price range then it is a very good system. Quality sound. I have two, one is a few years old and still produces very quality sound and the other is the new portable model. Very happy with both.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Can you connect wirelessly?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Owned the first sound dock system years ago and returned it because the sound wasn't all that loud. Since then Bose has introduced a few new models. I gave them another chance when I bought the sound dock 10. It's there biggest model and by far their best. They go for about $600. I was lucky to get mine for $539 when TigerDirect.com had them onsale a few months ago. Look into that model, you won't be disappointed.

SimonSez
    SimonSez's Avatar Become A Pro!

My friend has one, he said he loves it.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

I have one. The sound is good, but I don't use it that much because I got some Bose speakers for my computer and I prefer to make playlists and listen to the music on my computer than my Ipod on the Dock.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

I got a old set of bose 901s still do great, the bose wave radio on the night stand
    and a 3 pairs of 151s outdoor around the pool.