stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

So Quest just blocked my internet.....

At home for lunch, no internet, modem showing red for internet, broke off a call talk to a CS, told me to delete The Mechanic & The Tourist off my hard drive. Asked "why are you looking on what is on my hard drive?" Gave me some well rehearsed spill about code this and code that and they have rights in regards to what I'm downloading.

First of all the sports streams gone or not what they were, now personal attacks. (Yea I know downloading such items if I indeed do it, is wrong. Movie studios may close with about my 12 bucks.)

So much for the land of the free.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you download it via a torrent or other P2P software? The movie studios monitor torrents and then call the ISPs of people who used the torrent (this info is available via your IP address). If not, that is ****** up.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

don't use public torrent sites/trackers

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by durito View Post
    don't use public torrent sites/trackers
    This.

FreeFall
    FreeFall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2391

Yes there were laws enacted giving them this power, by the people you put into office in your land of the free.

MoneyM1ke
    MoneyM1ke's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12843

F me if they look up my shit I'll be banned from the internet for life, I download at least a movie a day....

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Turns out it was the step son that moved back in. Choices now? I mean you tell an 18 year not to do something, we know how that will work. May try to have him put it in his name so they can come haul his a** away.