Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

How many of you degens are on Facebook?

Like I needed another addiction. Just for the hell of it, I started up an account a few days ago and ended up not coming in here or placing a bet for a couple of days. Not good right there already. Then I slowly realized I don't have many friends left at all that would communicate with me, cause afterall look at what I been doing with my life for so long now. Believe it or not, we are not exactly the cool, glamorous dudes we sometimes think we are in the eyes of most folks.

And the few old "friends" that did crawl out of the woodwork....well you maybe just as soon they had stayed there anyway. So not used to real, people not hiding their identity communicating with me. Then the paranoia set in and I started to feel the presence of the Feds.....tha't OK, I'm used to that, but here they don't know who the f**k I am. Or at least I delude myself into thinking that they don't.

And finally, I really don't have much to say there and have got to filter everything real carefully. For instance yesterday, I wanted to post on my wall for my few friends and say Auburn is such a +EV tonight what with the great Rivalry and getting 17 points. Get some!! The few friends I have collected [except maybe a few broken downl horseplayers] wouldn't have had a clue.

So I started to think I needed to be a ghost on FB. That train of thought got derailed pretty damn quick.
    After I spent a few days there, I feel a renewed appreciation of SBR.... feel at home here.......even though I could be a grandfather to some of you kids. Just remember young guys.....you stay in this life a long time and the doors to your old life will slowly get locked.

And maybe that is a fuc***g good thing......this life we choose.

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Facebook is for the mentally weak who need constant attention & even worse like to be gossipy women.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I have 3 facebook accounts. One for my actual friends, one for political news downloads, and one for sports news downloads. It makes it easier for me to consolidate news stories from all the sights I enjoy.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant use it.

Debt collectors will find me.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I cant use it.

then you're using it wrong

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

that dang ole facebook

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm 31 and I've been on Facebook since it started getting big around 2002. I was in college and everyone thought this new social networking site was the best thing in the world. This is when Facebook was real, and not commercialized. It was only available to college students with an active college email address. I remember when it started, every day Facebook was adding more schools to its network and people could open accounts. I went a big state university, so I was there from the beginning. It's amazing how it's transformed in the past 8-10 years...but it's also very creepy. I don't really want my old teacher, or aunt, or parent's neighbor knowing what I'm doing all the time. I have to check my pictures and wall daily to make sure someone didn't post something inappropriate - not that I'd delete because of those people, but my employer. It's corporate and they check that shit out.

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I'm 31 and I've been on Facebook since it started getting big around 2002. I was in college and everyone thought this new social networking site was the best thing in the world. This is when Facebook was real, and not commercialized. It was only available to college students with an active college email address. I remember when it started, every day Facebook was adding more schools to its network and people could open accounts. I went a big state university, so I was there from the beginning. It's amazing how it's transformed in the past 8-10 years...but it's also very creepy. I don't really want my old teacher, or aunt, or parent's neighbor knowing what I'm doing all the time. I have to check my pictures and wall daily to make sure someone didn't post something inappropriate - not that I'd delete because of those people, but my employer. It's corporate and they check that shit out.
    make everything private

if someone searches for me all they see is my name, profile pic and that im male. nothing else. hell you can even make yourself non searchable through fb so no one can find you

no debt collectors, employers, co-workers, or anyone looking to get info about me can get anything

the people i want to know where i am and what im doing, know where i am and what im doing and thus are my friends on fb

Gemoka
    GIBBONS
    Gemoka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 437

I hate it, it serves no point anyone wants me has my email or number I could care less what people have had for dinner

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I cant use it.

I'm a collections supervisor, and you would be amazed how many people we have found from using Facebook and MySpace. People just leave stuff hanging out there on the internet for us to use whether it be where they work, who their friends are, etc.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Losers on it

People looking for attention and trying to find themselves

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm a collections supervisor, and you would be amazed how many people we have found from using Facebook and MySpace. People just leave stuff hanging out there on the internet for us to use whether it be where they work, who their friends are, etc.
    something tells me if they are in collections they aren't the sharpest tool in the shed to make EVERYTHING private and deserve whatever you do to them

blackbeSSt

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Losers on it

People looking for attention and trying to find themselves
    sorta like sbr huh goldie

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455