ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

Can you be a christian by convience?

1. Who here says they don't believe in god , but after you get hurt, sick, or have a family member or see a forum member in pain, you all of a sudden believe and will say a prayer??

I found myself earlier saying, please god help and heal my mom while taking a shower, yet at the same time saying to myself, if anything bad happens, that there is no god.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post

Who isnt? Most people believe in christ because its convenient to believe in a higher power to direct them in life, since they cannot make moral choices themselves, they rely on someone else to do it for them, tell them what is right and what is wrong, and it makes it more convenient that christ has a mass following, so they can fit in with the crowd, and its not likely to be subjected to moral reasoning by others that follow the same god.

ttwarrior1

yes but would a true athiest never pray and not even cross there mind to pray?

ttwarrior1

how is me saying a prayer, not making a moral choice. I don't pray to christ for any personal guidance

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Find a local church and ask the pastor there

ttwarrior1

sounds like only angry people or athiests will answer this post.

ttwarrior1

Another question

If someone posts that someone is sick or needs a prayer, what does an athiest think or do? Are they like, **** you? Sorry I won't pray for her? Say a fake prayer?

What does an athiest do at a funeral? Just sit there and roll there eyes and think the catholic priest is a pedophile? So many questions, so few answers.
    Im not saying athiests are bad people. But would you say alot of athiests have bad attitudes toward certain things

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I think there is a lot of Christians that find it convenient for them to be on Sundays and not so much during the week. I have a friend that I work with that is actually a Deacon at his church and he steals time at work. We are allowed to keep our own time and he will write down time for when he is not even there. He see's no wrong doing in this when I tell him that is stealing and a poor example of a Deacon.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    Another question If someone posts that someone is sick or needs a prayer, what does an athiest think or do? Are they like, **** you? Sorry I won't pray for her? Say a fake prayer? What does an athiest do at a funeral? Just sit there and roll there eyes and think the catholic priest is a pedophile? So many questions, so few answers. Im not saying athiests are bad people. But would you say alot of athiests have bad attitudes toward certain things
    If I see a post about a prayer request it usually does not get read other than the title. I recently attended my grandfathers funeral, and even upon the event of unescapable death, I found enjoyment in being around those friends and family that I love. When prayers are being said, I can have my own moment of silence. I believe people should have their freedom of religion , as well as I should have my freedom from religion.
    Yes, catholic priests are known to be pedophile , more so than athiests being known for negativity in the way that you suggest.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Its human nature to pick the sins you like and the ones that might not naturally apply to you. Just as it is to remember God when he is needed, and forget about him when times go well.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

there is a reason most churchs are filled with older people

most churches have ceo christians

christmas,easter and other major holidays

Saintsfan1977
    Saintsfan1977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4104

I wonder what the point of praying is? Seriously, if there is a god then why be so arrogant to pray for something that seldom compares to other peoples problems? When a prayer doesn't get answered it is god's will. If it's his will then he does whatever he wants anyway so there is no reason to pray.

I am sure alot of people prayed not to burn to death in their home or survive a car crash or a number of other horrible things and their prayers didn't get answered. People are starving to death all over this world and I am sure they prayed for food or water at one time and gave up hope.

That is all prayer is is hope and wishes. To be honest, it's a 50/50 chance your prayer gets answered. You could pray to a prune and get the same results.

I was born and raised Catholic and prayed alot when I was younger. Sometimes prayers were answered and most times they weren't. I don't need nor want prayer.

To answer the OP, most Christians are Christian by convenience.