CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

BkofAma ($410 Million OVERDRAFT Fees )

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...f171458S14.DTL

Watch out for this shady shit im going down to the bank shortly to make an argument

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

I remember when I was 18 I got charged like $300+ from BkofAma in a couple days of overdraft and I never knew why....Maybe this is the answer.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

your bank charged u $410 million in fees? ouch bro that is not good for the bankroll

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    your bank charged u $410 million in fees? ouch bro that is not good for the bankroll

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    I remember when I was 18 I got charged like $300+ from BkofAma in a couple days of overdraft and I never knew why....Maybe this is the answer.
    I doubt you still have the paperwork but if you do bring it to them and get that money back

LVBOUND
    Living the DREAM!!
    LVBOUND's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

Wachovia is expensive with feels also

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

These are fees that shouldnt be happening though. BkofAma is allowing transactions to through to cause overdrafts

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

could I get archived statements from 2005 lol

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

TD Bank

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    could I get archived statements from 2005 lol
    LOL you would have to do some serious digging man lmao

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

here ya go....

http://www.ingdirect.com

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Scumbags were prioritizing which transactions to process solely to maximize fees, ******* insane, glad I don't use them.

mike1814
    mike1814's Avatar Become A Pro!

don't worry. they'll find another way to get their money

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Sounds like the time I stopped using my bank account. I had 35 dollars in there, bank was too far away from my place so I just said fukk it. About a year later I received a notice in the mail that I had over drafted and it was $83 dollars I owed. Called them up, they said the account I opened back in 04 was a totally free checking. That type of account switched over to a high interest checking account in which you need $400 dollars minimum and every day that there isn't $400 in there I am charged a fee per day until it is closed. I refused to pay it, told management to fukk themselves. Till this day I still owe them and they can still fukk themselves. Its been about 2 years now.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Sounds like the time I stopped using my bank account. I had 35 dollars in there, bank was too far away from my place so I just said fukk it. About a year later I received a notice in the mail that I had over drafted and it was $83 dollars I owed. Called them up, they said the account I opened back in 04 was a totally free checking. That type of account switched over to a high interest checking account in which you need $400 dollars minimum and every day that there isn't $400 in there I am charged a fee per day until it is closed. I refused to pay it, told management to fukk themselves. Till this day I still owe them and they can still fukk themselves. Its been about 2 years now.
    good for you man lol

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Ill be posting my argument when I go down to the bank later today to share what happened with everyone

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED

I called BkofAma they said case already settled. Not sure what the bank will do for you!

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Left them years ago and love being at a credit union

Villagers4din
    Villagers4din's Avatar Become A Pro!

banks suck

Villagers4din
    Villagers4din's Avatar Become A Pro!

alot

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Left BkofAma many years ago after swiping my card in a non BkofAma ATM while out of state not realizing that my recent check had not cleared yet. The machine I used only stated that it could not process the transaction but said nothing of insufficient funds, I got home that evening to find out that BkofAma charged me $35 for each of the 5 times I swiped my card in this machine. $175 in 2 minutes and I never got $1 out of the ATM.

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is why you need to go to your closest credit union... most are community chartered now so they can serve you if you just live, work, worship, etc. in the specified counties. Don't have to work at specific employers anymore, for the most part.

As someone already said... banks suck.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

The banks pay outrages money to people to sit around and invent ways to stick it to you.

I won't ever go back to a bank. Credit union, baby.

If you can, pay off your ************. It doesn't make sense to pay 10% interest on your card
    and make 1% on your savings.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

What's the difference between a bank and a credit union? I want to get a bank account with a V i s a debit card like I have now. But I need to switch banks.

gimme2dollars
    gimme2dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

This sounds similar to a letter that I got recently about a class action lawsuit on a bank that I used to have an account at. It says that from 2004 to 2008 they were double billing overdraft fees.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

OVERDRAFT FEE was REFUNDED was not charged the $35 late fee

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Way to go, overunder. To protect yourselves from an incident like that is, to go to
    your bank or credit union and fill out a form to transfer money from your savings,
    if your checking gets over drafted.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

All this article tells me is that there are a TON of people in the United States who are incredibly horrible at managing their finances. There are very little excuses for incurring a $35 overdraft fee. It's fairly simple - don't spend money that you don't have. Shocking concept, isn't it?

sharpcat
    sharpcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    All this article tells me is that there are a TON of people in the United States who are incredibly horrible at managing their finances. There are very little excuses for incurring a $35 overdraft fee. It's fairly simple - don't spend money that you don't have. Shocking concept, isn't it?
    Not quite this simple some people have bills to pay such as rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, insurance, etc. and when banks are constantly putting deposited checks on hold for anywhere from 1 day to 14 days all it takes is 1 unexpected cost in life like your dog needing to go to the vet and a check that took 8 days to clear and you can easily overdraw your account. The one time I overdrew my account I had a check pending when I sent out my rent check assuming that the check from my employer would clear in a timely fashion instead it ironically cleared the following morning after I was hit with 5 overdrafts.

Life is easy for someone who has nothing but a cell phone bill and car insurance but when you have 8+ bills to pay a month it is very easy to accidentally overdraft, especially when banks are intentionally leaving your deposited checks on hold an extra day in order to hit you with an overdraft.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Im in College on my own living on Ramen Noodles just to get by. I turned in 80 job resumes/applications and finally just got hired.

gimme2dollars
    gimme2dollars's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Not quite this simple some people have bills to pay such as rent/mortgage, utilities, car payments, insurance, etc. and when banks are constantly putting deposited checks on hold for anywhere from 1 day to 14 days all it takes is 1 unexpected cost in life like your dog needing to go to the vet and a check that took 8 days to clear and you can easily overdraw your account. The one time I overdrew my account I had a check pending when
    I sent out my rent check assuming that
    the check from my employer would clear
    in a timely fashion instead it ironically
    cleared the following morning after I
    was hit with 5 overdrafts.

Life is easy for someone who has
    nothing but a cell phone bill and car
    insurance but when you have 8+ bills to
    pay a month it is very easy to
    accidentally overdraft, especially when
    banks are intentionally leaving your
    deposited checks on hold an extra day
    in order to hit you with an
    overdraft.
    Exactly! Fukkin banks do that shit everyday. One time it will take a day for a check to clear, the next time it will take 4 or 5 days to go through.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by gimme2dollars View Post
    Exactly! Fukkin banks do that shit everyday. One time it will take a day for a check to clear, the next time it will take 4 or 5 days to go through.
    So yah, don't live paycheck to paycheck then. Make sure you have enough money in your account before you spend said money. When you don't do this, the bank charges you a nice $35 fee for letting you use their money. It's poor money management.

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats y u cant feely sorry for any bank forclosures