Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

Anyone know someone who can remove snow from roofs?

Need to get someone hired to help with this - any thoughts?

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

ttwarrior will eat all the snow if you sprinkle it with some sugar. just make him an sbr pro.

OmgUrMom
    OmgUrMom's Avatar Become A Pro!

call a roofing company they may be willing

OmgUrMom

or you can try craiglist or something like that if your looking for cheap help (who knows who will show up then tho....)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Yeah, I call him TBYO.....The Big Yellow One.

Seriously though, why? Do you maintain the Metrodome?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    call a roofing company they may be willing
    This

ouman101
    ouman101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 749

Talk to the sun

Or try this:
    Last edited by ouman101; 02-04-11 at 01:25 PM.

thecodster
    thecodster's Avatar Become A Pro!

look in the yellow pages

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

my son has a business and he does....but you have to be in Winnipeg

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll offer 1,250 betpoints for anyone who can come over to do it

OmgUrMom

reload where do u live pal? i will fly anywhere for 1250 points

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I have 2 friends that do that as their job during college... they get $600-800 per roof. If you want it done properly, it'll cost ya.

OmgUrMom

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I have 2 friends that do that as their job during college... they get $600-800 per roof. If you want it done properly, it'll cost ya.
    done properly? comon pal, i bet they have a degree in snow removal too?

only thing that i can see going wrong is them scraping the shingles with their shovel or them falling off the roof (not sure whos responsibily that would be if they don't have a license) altho on the bright side if u have a lot of snow they will probably be cushioned and not hurt (badly)

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by OmgUrMom View Post
    done properly? comon pal, i bet they have a degree in snow removal too?

only thing that i can see going wrong is them scraping the shingles with their shovel or them falling off the roof (not sure whos responsibily that would be if they don't have a license) altho on the bright side if u have a lot of snow they will probably be cushioned and not hurt (badly)
    By done properly, I mean removing ice dams from the roof (a big cause for ceilings leaking) which are a royal pain in the ass, especially if you're on a roof. A lot of people just leave those, because they're tough to see from the ground, and the homeowners just see all the snow gone so they think its amazing. I grew up in NH and live in Maine now, so I've seen my fair share of crazy shit happen involving snow and ice. And yes, part of the reason they charge that much is because any injuries are on them. Mostly for removing the ice dams tho. Those are MISERABLE

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

The first thing you want to do is start a fire in the fireplace. Start early, & dress appropriately, you are fixing to go outside to shovel snow in balls freezing weather so bundle up. Go to your garage and grap some rope, shovel, and ladder. Tie one end of the rope to a small cooler holding beer, tie the other end to your belt loop. Grab your shovel and your ladder and go to the highest point of the roof. (You wont be able to climb roof up from lowest point due to possible avalanche, this would cause you to spill beer, which is the only thing we do not want to do.) With shovel in hand, climb your ladder and get to the top of the roof, and get your beer to follow you via the rope. At this point we are ready to open the cooler and remove at least one beer near the chimney, where you can warm your hands up in the process. This is also a good time to get even with the neighbors dog that keeps dumping in your garden and lawn by hurling snowballs at it hopefully waking it up from a warm nap that it was taking. This should also wake up the neighbors, which just makes it that much more worth it. Now you should finish up the few you drank meanwhile hurling your cans down to the front door step so they can be easily retrieved later. Start shoveling at the furthest point away from door/exit areas, so you dont risk being snowed out of the house. This should be pretty easy unless its just frozen to your roof and has become a large sheet of ice. If your roofed is sloped enough, the weight of the snow you push down should help build up and slide off on its way down. After this, you definitely need to drink some more beer, and probably smoke a bowl as well. Now here comes the fun part, you could either get wifes/kids attention by tapping on the roof and calling their name or you could facebook them from the new blackberry you got this christmas. Make sure they are cooking breakfast inside while you are drinking the rest of the beer on the roof, because you have been out all day working. when they come to let you know its ready, kindly ask them to pick up the beer cans, while you push the snow above the doorway you have been saving onto them for not coming and doing this job instead of letting you do it alone. Go inside, eat breakfast. The rest is for you to figure out.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    We got some quotes and the cheapast guy said "at least" $800

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

I know a guy named Fred. gl

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    Better than your fckn roof collapsing right?

Dr. Poker
    Dr. Poker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

$800? holy shit I might have found a new business venture.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

we have roof salt around here that you throw up there and it melts the stuff, is it two story or 1? if its one they make brooms that you can stand on the ground and do it

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Several of the best in the business were injured today in Dallas....

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

wish we had snow. 53 right now

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    The first thing you want to do is start a fire in the fireplace. Start early, & dress appropriately, you are fixing to go outside to shovel snow in balls freezing weather so bundle up. Go to your garage and grap some rope, shovel, and ladder. Tie one end of the rope to a small cooler holding beer, tie the other end to your belt loop. Grab your shovel and your ladder and go to the highest point of the roof. (You wont be able to climb roof up from lowest point due to possible avalanche, this would cause you to spill beer, which is the only thing we do not want to do.) With shovel in hand, climb your ladder and get to the top of the roof, and get your beer to follow you via the rope. At this point we are ready to open the cooler and remove at least one beer near the chimney, where you can warm your hands up in the process. This is also a good time to get even with the neighbors dog that keeps dumping in your garden and lawn by hurling snowballs at it hopefully waking it up from a warm nap that it was taking. This should also wake up the neighbors, which just makes it that much more worth it. Now you should finish up the few you drank meanwhile hurling your cans down to the front door step so they can be easily retrieved later. Start shoveling at the furthest point away from door/exit areas, so you dont risk being snowed out of the house. This should be pretty easy unless its just frozen to your roof and has become a large sheet of ice. If your roofed is sloped enough, the weight of the snow you push down should help build up and slide off on its way down. After this, you definitely need to drink some more beer, and probably smoke a bowl as well. Now here comes the fun part, you could either get wifes/kids attention by tapping on the roof and calling their name or you could facebook them from the new blackberry you got this christmas. Make sure they are cooking breakfast inside while you are drinking the rest of the beer on the roof, because you have been out all day working. when they come to let you know its ready, kindly ask them to pick up the beer cans, while you push the snow above the doorway you have been saving onto them for not coming and doing this job instead of letting you do it alone. Go inside, eat breakfast. The rest is for you to figure out.
    didnt think i would read it all but when i was the would beer i had to give it a try. well worth it! great how-to instructions. now if only we could make it into a video

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

I've never heard of roof snow removal. I've got snow on the roof. Everyone does. Never seen anyone care to remove it. Is there a reason why I should?

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

Shit what was the highest?

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post

I'd totally forgotten about that episode.

"Call Mr. Plow, that's my name, that name again is Mr. Plow."

Pure classic Homer.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

ROGUE63
    ROGUE63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I've never heard of roof snow removal. I've got snow on the roof. Everyone does. Never seen anyone care to remove it. Is there a reason why I should?
    danger of roof collapsing with the weight would be a good reason also when it starts to melt it may back up and cause some water damage

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I did it earlier in week, section of roof is flat

I got all snow off but still ice, weight is mainly gone

Got some leaks also

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

Wow those guys must be absolutely cleaning up right now

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

yes $800 is not an unreasonable amount to have it done properly

adlai
    adlai's Avatar Become A Pro!

ask a landscaping company, they'll do it cheap. or do it yourself. living in maine, we all just do it ourselves.

talnted
    talnted's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

tryna get my super bowl points. this site is wack. peace

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The problem is you do not want guys with ice picks chopping away and wrecking your roof

Plastic shovels and just get snow off

Always going to be a layer of ice so just leave it

12 Last