Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

It was your original point, you fukk. You can't bring up a point, have it countered, and then state "well, no point talking about it since we can't prove it."

Man, you are a tool.
    Except his "counter" was "nuh uh, people know it cause they were taught it in high school history class". This of course means nothing. 1000s of things were taught in high school, therefore the general pop knows 1000s of things? No, the average person will forget most of everything they were taught, and wouldn't remember obscure (far from public notice) Sputnik.

I say most don't know what it is, he says most do. No way to prove it, nowhere else to go with it.

And weren't you the guy who posted nothing but a link to a book after I destroyed you on the topic of capitalism? You made a point, I countered it, and you posted a book, and here you are calling me a tool for saying an unprovable argument is unprovable, while you just post a link to a book instead of coming up with a thought of your own. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 01-28-11 at 02:28 PM.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Why is it laughable? To you, okay, it is your right, but not to most of people. Here he explained it in the speech about the word:

Half a century ago, when the Soviets beat us into space with the launch of a satellite called Sputnik, we had no idea how we would beat them to the moon. The science wasn't even there yet. NASA didn't exist. But after investing in better research and education, we didn't just surpass the Soviets; we unleashed a wave of innovation that created new industries and millions of new jobs.

This is our generation's Sputnik moment. ...

I didn't know about the word before either, but I have no problem to understand what he means by it during the speech. So what is the problem?

First 12