angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Nice work Konck!!

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    If that's how you'd like to do it and it works for your body, by all means do it.
    That would not work for me, that's for sure.
    Doesn't work for me either. I feel much better when I eat small meals throughout the day. Doesn't take away from the validity of 1 meal a day working though.

But yes, eating small meals will be much easier for 99% of people. And eating once you wake up and right before bed will help keep the body anabolic for as long as possible

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Stay at 220lbs KONCK and lets put some shoulders on ya! Just kidding, everyone has their own goals. I love weight loss stories!!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Doesn't work for me either. I feel much better when I eat small meals throughout the day. Doesn't take away from the validity of 1 meal a day working though.

But yes, eating small meals will be much easier for 99% of people. And eating once you wake up and right before bed will help keep the body anabolic for as long as possible
    That would be nice if it worked for me though, only haveing to worry about cooking and eating one big meal.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

That would be nice if it worked for me though, only haveing to worry about cooking and eating one big meal.
    I know, right? Thing I hate most about getting back into shape is the endless cooking and dish cleaning. It never ends!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I know, right? Thing I hate most about getting back into shape is the endless cooking and dish cleaning. It never ends!
    No Shiitt! I try to cook additional dinner for lunch the next day. So I can then bag a chicken breast and a sweet potato and throw er in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch. Helps a bit. It seems if I don't do that then I end up going out for lunch. It's hard to find a truely good for you lunch these days. But it is possible.

AMBlai01
    SBR Resident Drunk
    AMBlai01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2152

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Rod trust me. Back in the day i was a amateur competition bodybuilder... Weighed 230lb and had 8% body fat 24 hours before comps...Fat loss cant occur without some degree of muscle reduction as the two are interchangeable but there are ways of minimizing muscle loss during this period, unless u have insane genetics as pointed out by another poster. You want a minimum 20mins on bike at 90% capacity (after 20mins body will start to burn fat and not draw on minerals from muscle) and maximum of 30 mins...

Also try overhead and side rope ab pulldowns with weights, keeping form 100% of the time, otherwise u wont isolate the targeted area(s) intensely enough to add meaningful size to your abs and obliques in the longterm....Additionally go to failure during sets and have a friend spot you for 5 extra reps or so (taking only enough weight so that ur still in control of the weight)...No pain no gain in this game Rodney...GL man
    Good advice right there...

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post

What do you think about what this other guy is saying about the calories? I think that is completely bs. If you just have 1 or 2 big meals a day, your metabolism will slow to a stand still.
    Yes you want to eat a smaller meals more often but when you eat....like before you go to bed means nothing. It really comes down to calories consumed vs. calories expended.

There are no scientific studies that echo what you are saying about before bed. The reason why people say not to eat before bed is because generally people eat crap before bed. How often does a person decide to eat a banana or an apple before bed. No they eat ice cream or cookies or chips. If you have a healthy snack....not bad for you at all.

Some good advice in this thread. You will probably always lose a little bit of muscle and it is tough to overcome but you can minimize it. AS long as you are working yoru ass off in the gym. Lifting hard, then doing some cardio (actually pushing yourself) you should be okay. Make sure to eat a sensible diet and you should be fine.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

By alternating three segments of cardio with two segments of weight training and one segment of core during a single workout, you may be able to rev up your metabolism and burn even more calories than you would by following a regular routine.

• Start with 10 minutes of cardio (on any machine). Warm up for two minutes, then work at a pace that keeps you at 75% of your max heart rate (find it by subtracting your age from 220) for seven minutes. Spend the last minute working at a lighter pace.

• Now do a circuit of three exercises for 20 reps each. For instance, do squats followed by bench presses and shoulder presses. Then rest 30 seconds. Repeat twice more.

• Do interval cardio. For example, warm up for one minute on a treadmill and then sprint for 30-45 seconds, followed by a 45- to 60-second lighter pace. Repeat four to five times and then cool down with a minute of walking.

• Do 20 reps of three different exercises, such as incline dumbbell flyes, followed by split squats, and then overhead triceps extensions. Rest 30 seconds.

• Repeat the interval cardio.

• Finish with four to five core exercises done for about 30 reps each. Rest 30-60 seconds and repeat for two more circuits. Swiss-ball crunches, full situps, or bicycle situps are all fine.
    Last edited by Joe Sharp; 01-25-11 at 10:18 AM.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Herschel Walker does that. Does his workouts fasted.

Joe Sharp

PRODUCTS TO STAY AWAY FROM AND SOME ALTERNATIVES
    · SUGAR (use sugar substitutes)
    · PASTA ( use spinach pasta or wheat pasta)
    · WHITE RICE ( limit yourself to one cup or use brown rice)
    · FAST FOOD (use the healthy menu, no milk shakes, burgers ect.)
    · WHITE BREAD ( use whole wheat bread)
    · RED MEAT (avoid red meat as much as possible - fish and chicken is a good sub.)
    · MAYONAISE ( use fat free mayo)
    · WHOLE MILK (use 1% or 2%)
    · NON TRANSPARENT SALAD DRESSING
    · ICE CREAM (if you eat well all week you can reward yourself with 2 scoops at the end of the week. No toppings)
    · SODA (none what so ever, not even diet!!!!)
    · COFFEE (unless you enjoy black coffee with no cream and no sugar. I doubt you do. Tea is a better alternative.)
    · FAST FOOD
    · CREAM
    · CREAM SAUCES ( like Alfredo)
    · Alcoholic beverages

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sharp View Post

· RED MEAT (avoid red meat as much as possible - fish and chicken is a good sub.)
    · ICE CREAM (if you eat well all week you can reward yourself with 2 scoops at the end of the week. No toppings)
    · COFFEE (unless you enjoy black coffee with no cream and no sugar. I doubt you do. Tea is a better alternative.)
    · FAST FOOD
    · CREAM
    · Alcoholic beverages

I have no problem with Red Meat. If fact I highly recomend lean cuts such as the eye of round. Lots of Iron and natural creatine found in red meats. Where was this cut and pasted from? Creful what you find on the internet. You could probably find a site that will tell you that high fat diet is good for losing weight!

There are some good points here however.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Sharp View Post

· FAST FOOD
    · CREAM
    · Alcoholic beverages
    Also, White Bread can actually be a great post workout meal with a postworkout protien shake. White Bread is made of very simple carbs and will help spike insulin. In turn will starrt the muscle rebuild process more quickly.
    Only my research and opinion. Like I said you will find many opinions out there.

I like how Fast food is listed twice! As it should be!!

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

wow i got all my answers here guys !! big day and other posters ill give u pts when i have more nxt couple of days !! u guys are awesome

Rod1010

btw my protein powder is called mass xxx weight gainer ... should i use that or get another one??

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    btw my protein powder is called mass xxx weight gainer ... should i use that or get another one??
    Get off the weight gainer protien powders IMO.

36mafia
    36mafia's Avatar Become A Pro!

less posting, more jacking off

will shed calories in seconds

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Rod: End All Be All Solution, The Belly Jiggler thingy with the bands on them,
    See:

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

also required that you have the outfit that these fine lady specimen are wearing

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

You can return it at a Viatimin Shoppe and receive in store credit. Let them know that you cant stomach the taste. They'll take it back and give you store credit. Try ISOPURE for post workouts IMO. Look it up and you will find excelant reviews.

Joe Sharp

I have no problem with Red Meat. If fact I highly recomend lean cuts such as the eye of round. Lots of Iron and natural creatine found in red meats. Where was this cut and pasted from? Creful what you find on the internet. You could probably find a site that will tell you that high fat diet is good for losing weight!

There are some good points here however.

I agree with you here for the most part! I created this list over time and have it hung up at my desk in the office as a reminder. I do enjoy a lean cut from time to time. When I first started paying attention to my health and training a few years ago I avoided it at all cost because at Restaurants, etc it's hard to find truly lean cuts. But if you shop for yourself and cook on a grill or whatever I agree it can be beneficial!

** The actual 'workout' plan I believe I got from Mens Health a few years back! **
    Last edited by Joe Sharp; 01-25-11 at 10:44 AM.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've read this fourm and BIG DAY hit this nail on the head so far! As far as some foods to buy for example chicken in the grocery store I would stay away from frozen and buy the exact same chicken but that is fresh. You will notice that the sodium difference in the same brand will be extremely higher in the frozen chicken.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    I've read this fourm and BIG DAY hit this nail on the head so far! As far as some foods to buy for example chicken in the grocery store I would stay away from frozen and buy the exact same chicken but that is fresh. You will notice that the sodium difference in the same brand will be extremely higher in the frozen chicken.
    Thanks! I've noticed that also in some of the frozen foodsthat the sodium levels are a lot higher. Keep the sodium levels to a minimum!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    Welcome to SBR! With a User name like that, I assume you are a wrestler or at least a fan.

Pin2Win

Iso Pure would also be my recomendation for after your workouts, and it's also great for inbetween meals used as a snack... if you're looking to decrease the belly fat you will need to change your nutrition around first, because there is no such thing as spot reducing (crunches will not decrease fat, it will make your abbs stronger but that's it) Get that nutrition down and you're well on your way

Rod1010

I love the MMA fighters that use their wrestling well . Its the number 1 advantage you have when you step in that cage

Pin2Win

Welcome to SBR! With a User name like that, I assume you are a wrestler or at least a fan.
    Yep both! I need to find an avitar like yours!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I love the MMA fighters that use their wrestling well . Its the number 1 advantage you have when you step in that cage
    Completely agree! It's always fun to watch a huge takedown!
    I'm just glad that now elite wrestlers can trasfer to MMA and have a good fan base when they transfer as well. wrestlers can usually dictate where the fight goes.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

I wouldn't use any weight gainers, but just pure whey protein

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

tap on that dudes head & tell him to suck harder, he may end up giving you a liposuction

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

Spend three months in Peru -- or Ecuador might work, if you're worried about that Shining Path group -- traveling off the beaten path with a backpack. Do pushups now and then. The food is terrible, and they have stomach parasites down there that take the belly right off you. When the fat is gone, you hit the antibiotics hard. Whaaalllaaaaaaa.

mapanoy
    mapanoy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Combine weight training and cardio is the best way to reduce belly fat. One most important thing is choose healthy diet with lots of fiber.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by mapanoy View Post
    Combine weight training and cardio is the best way to reduce belly fat. One most important thing is choose healthy diet with lots of fiber.
    You bump a thread from 10 months ago as your 1st post....

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's practically impossible to lose fat on your stomach without dropping body weight... and losing partial muscle mass. There's really nothing you can do. Regardless if you even find a system that works... Example: Eating properly... etc... You have to stick with it for 3 months straight before you would see any visual evidence by the naked eye. Body building is an art. Not saying you couldn't do it... what I'm saying is it's just natural for your body to show abs with low body weight... because body fat isn't present either. Sure you can be 220 shredded... and have a 6 pack... but bodybuilders are mostly on Winstrol for shredding purposes. Do you think a true bodybuilder would tell you all of the drugs he is taking? Of course not. The side effects are ridiculous... especially if you are taking an oral form. And once you are on them... you can't just get off of them without taking other meds to get you off. Just get a one of those belly burners from Wal-Mart in the athletic department... wear it under your clothes... you can sweat a few centimeters off...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

clen/winny/test/anavar

First 1234 Last