nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

MY BUDDY has LOST HIS MIND ---- ANYONE KNOW ABOUT (SC)AMWAY

I need to ask the board some questions, but first I have to do one of my long winded write ups. Bear with me.

Well one of my buddies just got involved with Amway. Now there is no talking to this guy. He is 100% sold and he believes it when his upline told him he will be making $250,000 K a year or more within a year or two.

I am trying to tell this guy just to calm the fuk down and dont get involved with this shit, but he says since Amway has been around 60 years and he has seen proof of his upline being rich he knows he will become rich too.

Dude doesnt have any money as it is. But now he has bought there starter pack and bought a website and paid for some training CD's and paid to go to a seminar called dream night. Now since he doesnt have enough PV ( the means of getting paid ) he is buying his own items to get PV.

Now I went online to check this shit out and sure enough I found out that some IBO's ( thats what Amway calls the suckers the find, independent business owners ). Anways some IBO's lose $20,000 in just 3 -4 months.

I was just wondering

#1. Has anyone here ever been an IBO, or involved with Amway ?

#2. Could this really be a good money making idea or is this as I suspect going to turn out really ugly ?

#3. Should I just stop talking to this guy ? Seriously, as you might imagine NOBS doesnt have many friends, so I dont have many rules to be my friend. But there is one rule I do have. You have to be at least as smart as I am. Thats not a very high bar to pass. But now this guy falls for such an obvious( IMO ) scam.

So I am stuck between rather I should just tell him he is a dumb fuk and stop talking to him, or maybe I should just ride it out then I call throw the " I told you so's" all over the place until he finally gets pissed and beats my ass.

Any opinions appreciated. TIA.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Most people get really excited about multi level marketing the first time they hear about it. Then one year later they don't ever want to talk about it again. However, there are exceptions. I have an acquaintance making six figures with Melaleuca.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Problem with amway is that you are buying/selling products that are usually priced higher to pay the levels. The business model is not bad (I am not in amway and never have been I have just done alot of research on MLM), you just have to work your ass off to build a team and go through a lot of numbers to get the people you want.

I wouldnt discourage him if you are a friend though. Let him learn for himself. There are much better and more profitable MLM's though.

From what I have heard most of the people that make alot of money make it more from selling admission to events and and selling CD's.

If he is to get it going though its a very nice way to make money without doing much work.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

i know ppl making pretty good money from that like 3-4 grand a month just from sellin those products

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Scamway has been around forever thanks to suckers like your friend.

It's a pyramid and nothing more. I know someone who fell for it and they had to buy the "tape of the month" or "book of the month" from their mentors every month. It's a scam. Stay away from it.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

also, I saw Donald Trump one time in an interiew and they asked him if he had to start all over what would he do.

He said multi level marketing. He is a pretty wise business man

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Yeah dude is too excited. I cant even talk to this guy anymore without him immediatly turning the conversation to Amway. It gets old so quick. If I told this guy I boned Angelina Jolie last night and I have proof he would tell me that Amways nutralite line is ranked #1 health food. Like I give a Fuk.

Dude better be ready for a barrage of I told you so's when this shit blows up in his face like evrything else he has ever tried in his life.

onetrickpony

its not a SCAM its for real, read into it before mouthing off

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    Problem with amway is that you are buying/selling products that are usually priced higher to pay the levels. The business model is not bad (I am not in amway and never have been I have just done alot of research on MLM), you just have to work your ass off to build a team and go through a lot of numbers to get the people you want.

I wouldnt discourage him if you are a friend though. Let him learn for himself. There are much better and more profitable MLM's though.

From what I have heard most of the people that make alot of money make it more from selling admission to events and and selling CD's.

If he is to get it going though its a very nice way to make money without doing much work.

Yeah this is the problem. Dude is buying all kind of Cd's and tickets to events from his upline. Now why the hell are they selling him all this shit if they are truly making $250,000 a year from Amway like they say ?

And all I see him selling is shit he is buying from himself. yeah i think he got his grandma to buy some stuff. OK maybe your friends will buy once to help you out, but thats a favor. Even his grandma isnt going to buy all the time.

I just told him to watch his outgo until he starts getting some checks. he says he has to put the money out to make the business successful. This guy doesnt even have money, these expenses on going on the credit card. I think this will all end when his CC are all maxed

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post

I did read into it here

www.webraw.com/quixtar/forum

Thousands of people. Pretty much all say its a scam

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Just asking, are you an IBO ???

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Amway has great products, I buy some of them to use in my shop from a IBO.

I was once approached years ago & went to a few meetings to check it out.

Its not necessarily a scam, as people do make money, but its got such a bad rap thru the years from people who expected to get rich overnight & didnt then badmouthed it, that its a hard business to find anyone who will give it a chance, & thats how you make money, is getting other people to sell the products.

People really dont know how to go about doing it. It also depends on his upline whether he will have any success. If they are a bunch of fukin idiots hes doomed.

The other thing now is being friends with someone in his position is a pain in the ass, Amway is all hes gonna want to talk about for 6 months, and all he'll wanna do is go to those dumb fukin seminars. Its a very cult like group & they'll tell him to not have anything to do with anyone who says hes stupid for doing this.

Either way, he'll be back to wanting to hang out & drink beer with ya in 6-9 months. Thats about how long it takes someone to decide whether they wanna keep pursuing the "dream" or not, usually its "NOT!"

onetrickpony

no my parents are, the guy that started them is making 60k from this, my parents get 400-500 a month

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Lots of people have gotten rich doing Amway and other MLM schemes, but they are the exception rather than the rule. Most just aren't willing to work hard enough or have the talent to make it happen.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I get approached by an amway guy every time I go into the local Barnes and Noble. 4 times by the same guy. Usually I just ask what is the price of similar products at Wal mart. Usually shuts him up.

I dont think its a scam I just think some people get in over their heads and bury, themselves have no immediate success and then bail.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

also, I saw Donald Trump one time in an interiew and they asked him if he had to start all over what would he do. He said multi level marketing. He is a pretty wise business man
    Are you serious Trump inherited his money and his corporations have gone bankrupt three times. He also demanded Forbes put him on the 400 list when he was broke.

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

ok I can see making 400-500 a month. But really you can get a job at mcdonalds and work 10 hours a week and make $400 a month.

My buddy is not talking 400-500 a month. Dude pretty much thinks he will "do the work once" and within a year his downline will be doing all the work and he will be making $250,000 a year or more.

THE PROFIT

no my parents are, the guy that started them is making 60k from this, my parents get 400-500 a month
    you can make decent money just by having a few clients that use the products.

They make excellent vitamin supplements, better than anything you can buy in GNC, they have great cosmetics, and their household cleaning supplies are awesome, like their dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, etc.. Its super concentrated. It may be a little higher, but not in the long run because it just takes a drop

THE PROFIT

I get approached by an amway guy every time I go into the local Barnes and Noble. 4 times by the same guy. Usually I just ask what is the price of similar products at Wal mart. Usually shuts him up.

I dont think its a scam I just think some people get in over their heads and bury, themselves have no immediate success and then bail.
    thats exactly it. The "cult" brainwashes them & gets them so excited & when they arent making $3,000 month extra in a year, they quit

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    Amway has great products, I buy some of them to use in my shop from a IBO.

I was once approached years ago & went to a few meetings to check it out.

Its not necessarily a scam, as people do make money, but its got such a bad rap thru the years from people who expected to get rich overnight & didnt then badmouthed it, that its a hard business to find anyone who will give it a chance, & thats how you make money, is getting other people to sell the products.

People really dont know how to go about doing it. It also depends on his upline whether he will have any success. If they are a bunch of fukin idiots hes doomed.

The other thing now is being friends with someone in his position is a pain in the ass, Amway is all hes gonna want to talk about for 6 months, and all he'll wanna do is go to those dumb fukin seminars. Its a very cult like group & they'll tell him to not have anything to do with anyone who says hes stupid for doing this.

Either way, he'll be back to wanting to hang out & drink beer with ya in 6-9 months. Thats about how long it takes someone to decide whether they wanna keep pursuing the "dream" or not, usually its "NOT!"

yeah I dont think I have the patience to go 6-9 months. Its been 2 weeks and I am so sick and fking tired of hearing about Amway. Amways nutralite, and energy drinks, and partner stores can suck my ass. really dude is buying 3 cases of energy drinks for almost $100 and then he says he would have bought them anyway. This way he gets PV and BV. I never seen this guy drink an energy drink before amway in my life.

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by nobs View Post
    ok I can see making 400-500 a month. But really you can get a job at mcdonalds and work 10 hours a week and make $400 a month.

My buddy is not talking 400-500 a month. Dude pretty much thinks he will "do the work once" and within a year his downline will be doing all the work and he will be making $250,000 a year or more.
    the key is making "extra" money

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Are you serious Trump inherited his money and his corporations have gone bankrupt three times. He also demanded Forbes put him on the 400 list when he was broke.
    I am fully aware of this. I still think he is a wise business man. There is a reason we all know who he is. There is a reason he has TV shows and everything else. He may not be the greatest business man of all time but he is no dummy

THE PROFIT

yeah I dont think I have the patience to go 6-9 months. Its been 2 weeks and I am so sick and fking tired of hearing about Amway. Amways nutralite, and energy drinks, and partner stores can suck my ass. really dude is buying 3 cases of energy drinks for almost $100 and then he says he would have bought them anyway. This way he gets PV and BV. I never seen this guy drink an energy drink before amway in my life.
    yeah, thats what they tell you, it pays for itself. You just buy the shit you're buying anyway but you get a discount now because you're buying it from yourself & getting a commission.

Thing is, the higher commission, or PV/BV bullshit, is on items that you DONT use everyfukinday, like those vitamins or energy drinks, or gravy flavored condoms, etc..

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

the key is making "extra" money

Yeah sure its still extra money. But If I told this guy to go fill out an application at Mcdonalds he would tell me no fuking way is he working for $7 an hour.

I dont doubt he can make $400 a month if he puts in 100 hours of work a month.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

yeah, thats what they tell you, it pays for itself. You just buy the shit you're buying anyway but you get a discount now because you're buying it from yourself & getting a commission. Thing is, the higher commission, or PV/BV bullshit, is on items that you DONT use everyfukinday, like those vitamins or energy drinks, or gravy flavored condoms, etc..

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

I am fully aware of this. I still think he is a wise business man. There is a reason we all know who he is. There is a reason he has TV shows and everything else. He may not be the greatest business man of all time but he is no dummy
    I agree Trump is a smart business man and he knows that the only people that make money in MLM are the people at the top of the pyramid. The people that got on board a long time ago may be making money, but if you want to jump in now, good luck. Starting and MLM might be a good idea, but joining one is not! Watch Penn and Teller Bull Shit on multi level marketing, it's hilarious.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That stuff is HUGE...jj used to sell that stuff and look what it's done for his career!

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Amway!!!!! Very 1970s&80s. Ha Ha, classic...Kind of like the ladies in the pink caddies for Mary K

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

If you can get a lot of people selling under you then you get a cut of what they sell. Do you have the skills to get people to work for you? Then it might pay off. If you don't have those skills then it's probably not for you.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I need to ask the board some questions, but first I have to do one of my long winded write ups. Bear with me.

Well one of my buddies just got involved with Amway. Now there is no talking to this guy. He is 100% sold and he believes it when his upline told him he will be making $250,000 K a year or more within a year or two.

I am trying to tell this guy just to calm the fuk down and dont get involved with this shit, but he says since Amway has been around 60 years and he has seen proof of his upline being rich he knows he will become rich too.

Dude doesnt have any money as it is. But now he has bought there starter pack and bought a website and paid for some training CD's and paid to go to a seminar called dream night. Now since he doesnt have enough PV ( the means of getting paid ) he is buying his own items to get PV.

Now I went online to check this shit out and sure enough I found out that some IBO's ( thats what Amway calls the suckers the find, independent business owners ). Anways some IBO's lose $20,000 in just 3 -4 months.

I was just wondering

#1. Has anyone here ever been an IBO, or involved with Amway ?

#2. Could this really be a good money making idea or is this as I suspect going to turn out really ugly ?

#3. Should I just stop talking to this guy ? Seriously, as you might imagine NOBS doesnt have many friends, so I dont have many rules to be my friend. But there is one rule I do have. You have to be at least as smart as I am. Thats not a very high bar to pass. But now this guy falls for such an obvious( IMO ) scam.

So I am stuck between rather I should just tell him he is a dumb fuk and stop talking to him, or maybe I should just ride it out then I call throw the " I told you so's" all over the place until he finally gets pissed and beats my ass.

Any opinions appreciated. TIA.

One of my good friends got into this. He works hard at it and is doing very well. Its all about your upline. Many people get pulled into the Amway deal and have people that don't know what they are talking about so they fail. I live in Kalispell, MT and the valley here is the fastest growing for this stuff in the US. There are idoits and then there are the people that know what it takes to build a business. It is all about who you get in with. I didn't get into it but I did go to a couple meetings that you speak of. The one thing I have to say is most of these people are very nice people that want to help you. I have nothing bad to say about them but once again if you get into Amway with people that don't know their head from their ass then you are screwed. I can say that it blew up so fast here that most people take Amway as a bad word because there are so many people trying to push it on others, many of these people are the bad ones who know nothing.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

The other thing is, my buddy has many under him now but it is a full time job. He is talking on the phone all day long. I go have a drink with him and half of the time he is on his cell phone unless it is after 11 at night. It isn't something you get quick, it is hard work and you have to work with the people underneath you or they will fail and you signing them up will do nothing.

The problem is all these idoits think it is a free ride

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

just another pyramid scheme like mary kay

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE

yeah, thats what they tell you, it pays for itself. You just buy the shit you're buying anyway but you get a discount now because you're buying it from yourself & getting a commission.

Thing is, the higher commission, or PV/BV bullshit, is on items that you DONT use everyfukinday, like those vitamins or energy drinks, or gravy flavored condoms, etc..

Yeah this is how he is trying to promote it. He is asking all his friends and family to just go on his site and buy the "stuff we would be buying anyway". So just as a favor I went on his site and most of the stuff is not shit I would buy anyway.

Then I went into the snacks area and yeah I found some cookies and cereals that I normally buy, but you have to buy that stuff in quantity and even then I think I could find it cheaper.

Like a case of famous amos cookies is 60 packs for $24. Thats .40 cents each, not bad but I dont normally buy that by the case. So even if I do find something that I normally buy now your buying it by the case.

So anyway I think this is pretty much going to be just him buying his own products.

I think I might offer him a deal. If he can go 2 weeks without saying Amway to me then i will go on his site and buy a case of famous amos cookies.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Did'nt the show Bullshit do an episode on this type of thing.

Try to find that and show it to your buddy.

123 Last