betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tim Horton's Coffee - Crayzeee good!

I've had at least three Tim Hortons coffee's today, which meant I spent alot of time waiting in line - in the drive-thru or inside the store.

This coffee is crayzeee good, There is no coffee shop in Canada more popular than Tims.

Any Americans ever try it in the US? How do you like it?

I know there are Tm Hortons shops located in Western NY & Ohio and was wondering if its popular at all. I know when I've visited Western NY and stopped at Tims for a coffee there were always other Canucks there doing the same thing.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    I've had at least three Tim Hortons coffee's today, which meant I spent alot of time waiting in line - in the drive-thru or inside the store.

This coffee is crayzeee good, There is no coffee shop in Canada more popular than Tims.

Any Americans ever try it in the US? How do you like it?

I know there are Tm Hortons shops located in Western NY & Ohio and was wondering if its popular at all. I know when I've visited Western NY and stopped at Tims for a coffee there were always other Canucks there doing the same thing.
    Tims in Ontario all tastes the same, but I noticed that when I went to Port Huron it didnt taste as good. maybe it has to do with the water or something.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't had that in years Betplom.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I haven't had that in years Betplom.
    And how was it?

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's nothing like a TH double double but robzilla is right. I've had TH coffee in the states and it is completely different -- bitter and nasty as azz. The Ontraio TH double double is heavenly though.

betplom
    maniac

You're referring to a trip when you weren't "barrelled in"?

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

They put a little extra something in the grounds. Trust me.
    Its good for you

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

And how was it?
    It was pretty damn good.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by OLGC_Slayer View Post
    They put a little extra something in the grounds. Trust me.
    Its good for you
    You're not the first person I've heard say this.

OLGC_Slayer

Its sea salt. And yes I am dead serious.

5 star bomb
    5 star bomb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Dunkin Donuts is the best coffee ever!

Arnold
    Arnold's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rumors.

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never had Tim Horton coffee, I keep hearing it's the best though. Lucky Canucks!

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    Never had Tim Horton coffee, I keep hearing it's the best though. Lucky Canucks!
    Nice extra large double double with 6 chocolate timbits and a cheese croissant. That's my breakfast this morning. Hmmmmm.

Kellen
    Kellen's Avatar Become A Pro!

I gotta get some of this coffee. Is it only available in northern US and Canada?

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    I gotta get some of this coffee. Is it only available in northern US and Canada?
    It's in the US and Canada but the US one is COMPLETELY different so save your money. When you travel to Canada, order a "double double" and tell us what you think.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by 5 star bomb View Post
    Dunkin Donuts is the best coffee ever!
    Bomber, DD doesn't even come close!

St. Andrew
    St. Andrew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I lived in Buffalo, NY for awhile (horrible experience) and Tim Hortons kept me sane and alive. An unbelievable roast.

OLGC_Slayer

Some things other than bad weather and hockey come out of Canada every once in awhile, LOL

betplom
    maniac

Agreed.

buztah

Suddenly I have the hankering for an extra large double double and some timbits. back in 15, boyz. On a rainy hamilton day, that shit will hit the spot!

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

I have a Large double double almost every day. I find the extra large throws off the sugar and cream to coffee ratio. to me the large tastes better than the extra large. The new chocolate chunk cookies are awesome. The chocolate chip cookies in Toronto were completely different than the ones here in London.

did u know Tim Horton was killed on the QEW after a hockey game? he opened several businesses before the coffee shop. I think his first business was a pizza place.

On time a bus full of kids was on a field trip and they saw Tim digging the foundation for one of his resturants. The teacher told the class, "stay in school or you will end up like that guy.".... my point? teachers are idiots.

betplom
    maniac

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

plommer, this thread was created before i got here at sbr. did you notice back then before i got here, everyone called you betplom.. guess why everyone calls you now plommer. .that's right, yours truly is the reason. i started calling you plommer, and now everyone refers to you as plommer. i hope you like plommer.. you owe me big plommer. i expect a free coffee at tim hortons if i ever meet you, and i want a large..

speaking of timmy horton's. i hate coffee.. but once sickler told me to try a double double at timmy's and i'll love coffee. i didnt believe him. i tried a triple triple instead and i swear, it was like having an icecream/shake all in one. wow was it good.. ummmmmmmmmmmm.. it was like a dessert. tasted nothing like the coffee i drink at home. probably that's why i gained a ton of weight.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    plommer, this thread was created before i got here at sbr. did you notice back then before i got here, everyone called you betplom.. guess why everyone calls you now plommer. .that's right, yours truly is the reason. i started calling you plommer, and now everyone refers to you as plommer. i hope you like plommer.. you owe me big plommer. i expect a free coffee at tim hortons if i ever meet you, and i want a large..

speaking of timmy horton's. i hate coffee.. but once sickler told me to try a double double at timmy's and i'll love coffee. i didnt believe him. i tried a triple triple instead and i swear, it was like having an icecream/shake all in one. wow was it good.. ummmmmmmmmmmm.. it was like a dessert. tasted nothing like the coffee i drink at home. probably that's why i gained a ton of weight.

Tim Hortons coffee is on me pal.
    Last edited by betplom; 01-23-09 at 03:32 PM.

betplom
    maniac

still good.

Give It Away
    Give It Away's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is 4 times the amount of caffine in a Tim Hortons coffee then a Starbucks.

betplom
    maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Give It Away View Post
    There is 4 times the amount of caffine in a Tim Hortons coffee then a Starbucks.
    That might explain the lineups at Tim Hortons.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Santoro View Post
    plommer, this thread was created before i got here at SBR. did you notice back then before i got here, everyone called you betplom.. guess why everyone calls you now plommer. .that's right, yours truly is the reason. i started calling you plommer, and now everyone refers to you as plommer. i hope you like plommer.. you owe me big plommer. i expect a free coffee at tim hortons if i ever meet you, and i want a large..

Just seeing this now, Nicky....a year and a half later.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

a canadian talking about good coffee? come down to latin america - where it's actually grown. that's some good coffee

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Sickler....love his Tim Horton's Java....there is pic roaming around the internet to prove it

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Sickler....love his Tim Horton's Java....there is pic roaming around the internet to prove it
    EI, I've posted no less than a half dozen pics holding Tim Hortons coffee and iced caps. Love that stuff!

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Billsfan just brought back 4lbs from NY...............my favorite coffee possibly.

I love the coffee shops in the NE.............what a great place.

STARBUCKS is pretty damn good also, even though everyone wants to slam them.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

It's been good the few times I've had it. We don't have many in MA, but there are quite a few in surrounding states.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14864

12 Last