slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10372

So, you are being forced to buy EV to save the Planet.

But the production of EV batteries requires a massive amount of electricity, usually produced by generators that burn fossil fuels. The manufacturing of EVs produces at least 60 percent more carbon emissions than that of gas-powered cars. EVs start their lives with carbon debt.

The extra weight of heavy batteries also quickly wears down an EV’s tires as it drives, which means they aren’t "emissions free." In fact, one study found that electric cars emitted about a quarter more particulate matter than hybrid vehicles thanks to the added weight.

CALIFORNIA EV SALES SEE FIRST DECLINE IN A DECADE

Administration activists aren’t just wrong about the environmental benefits of EVs. They’re also wrong about their performance. Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg claimed that "we see the superiority of EVs in terms of performance, not just in terms of climate."

But we all heard about EVs malfunctioning this winter. Freezing temperatures — and hot temperatures — drain batteries and reduce driving range, leaving stranded drivers helpless. Even in normal weather, EVs have been plagued with glitches. A Consumer Reports survey even found that new EVs have 79 percent more problems than internal-combustion cars.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

new fin dings about EV's because of weight of batteries tires are being worn out faster than anything every 3000 miles tires are needed to replaced plus they are tearing up rodas streets and hi ways and if you need batteries replaced huge cost $10,000

there fore the tesla you bought for like 35,999 aint worth shit 3 years later

i couldnt belive my eyes a full 1 hr charge shown receipt $75

and you lucky to go 400 miles more and the supreme cold out in chcago stranded dozens of people waiting to get charged and how many teslas caught fire while being driven!

serach for them your gonna find out shocking real life stories

75$ would give me 3 fill ups in my old car which i do not have anymore

sorry planet earth i'll use gas powered vehicles untill you create something better

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

I live close to 3 government research facilities, and I know 2 of them are currently working on new battery technology, that want use lithium. The general public is not aware of these yet, but I'm sure it will come out soon. The one I've heard the most about will be a win win because of the material that will be used in the battery. I have no idea of the timeline they are looking at, but I would say the next 5 to 7 years for consumer car use. They will definitely make sure it's safe before putting them in passenger cars. Marketing will be a challenge until it is proven safe to the general public. It WILL BE BIG NEWS WHEN IT COMES OUT.

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I live close to 3 government research facilities, and I know 2 of them are currently working on new battery technology, that want use lithium. The general public is not aware of these yet, but I'm sure it will come out soon. The one I've heard the most about will be a win win because of the material that will be used in the battery. I have no idea of the timeline they are looking at, but I would say the next 5 to 7 years for consumer car use. They will definitely make sure it's safe before putting them in passenger cars. Marketing will be a challenge until it is proven safe to the general public. It WILL BE BIG NEWS WHEN IT COMES OUT.
    It is a joint government, private company project, but all the research is at the government facility.

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

It is a joint government, private company project, but all the research is at the government facility.

Unfortunately, it is not a 'public trading' company on Nasdaq.

Anyway. Joe will be long gone by then and gas cars will out pace the EV's again. Forcing people against their will and charging them 33% more is never a good idea. Very non-democratic for the democrats to do this.

jackpot269

Once these are proven safe and mass production starts the price should fall. This is not an endorsement just some inside information. that I came across thru a couple of people I know that work for this company. Be nice to get 1000 miles out of one charge if you were going to go the EV route.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

The script has already been written. I can read this s#it from a mile away. The EVs will take another 5 - 6 years to finally catch on. So in the year 2030 these 6 and 7 year olds will be 12 and 13 and starting to dream about driving. In the year 2035 they’ll have drivers licenses but won’t want to drive the family Tesla. Enter the new and improved Hydrogen powered cars appealing to the spoiled brats. Can’t be seen driving these EVs when the Jones’s next door just bought two brand new Hydrogen cars in the year 2040. The corporate fukks win again!!!

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

1000 mile would be really nice. Along with them functioning in the colder weather more proficiently.

1000 miles, Maybe some solar charging could certainly enhance the ownership.

I'll probably be long gone by the time Hydrogen cars become the norm.

My only true problem is forcing people or mandating them to buy electric. Just my opinion.?. It's simply stupid and counter productive.

jackpot269

What I was talking about is not Hydrogen, it is a battery with new technology (will be new in the battery sector) that will hold 10x to 15x the charge of lithium. With half the weight.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO

What I was talking about is not Hydrogen, it is a battery with new technology (will be new in the battery sector) that will hold 10x to 15x the charge of lithium. With half the weight.
    Yah, I understood. I was just answering the goose that laid the golden egg with the hydrogen comments.
    Points Awarded:

jackpot269 gave slewfan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

I've heard they are working on a battery that can utilize components from iron ore. That would change our world - but this is years off, if successful.

Right now no country has cheaper energy than China, less than 2 cents a kwh. That's because they spent the past ten years creating hundreds, maybe thousands, of MASSIVE state of the art coal fired energy plants. In response California then dealt China a ethical blow by banning gas stoves in new homes, giving President Xi the sads. ��

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8492

enough for 150 million EV vehicles.

Estimated value more than 16 trillion dollars.