OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Out of control’ Five Guys

prices ignite social media furor after $24 receipt for just burger, fries, small drink goes viral

“Five Guys prices are out of control,” the X user wrote. “$24 for one person.”
    The receipt showed an order of a bacon cheeseburger that cost $12.49, one soda priced at $2.89, and small fries for $5.19 — all amounting to $21.91.

And even more eyebrow-raising was a tip for $2.19 spotted on the receipt.

“I guess I was expecting about $12 to $15 per person for Five Guys. $22 (without tip) just seems to cross a line. What is the right amount these days?” the post, which garnered over 25 million views on X, was captioned.
    Heated X users stormed into the comment section, with many sounding off on the pricey meal that they feel comes from an “overrated” fast-food joint.
    “That’s not even factoring in how overrated they are. $10 should be able to get you a premium burger from a higher-end place. Drink and fries plus $5,” one person said.

“Split that meal with a friend and then go for a walk,” one reply read.
    Other users focused their ire on the tip.

“What are you tipping for anyways?” someone questioned.

“Five Guys is an order and pay at the counter restaurant. Why is there a tip included?” another said.

As inflation continues to rock the country and American’s wallets, the rise of fast-food restaurant prices has gained major national attention.

One couple went viral after sharing their money-saving hack for how to beat the inflation-era prices at Five Guys.

“Next time you’re at Five Guys, just order a double cheeseburger with all the toppings,” an account the couple runs called @nateandsaraheats revealed in a clip on TikTok, which was viewed over 222,000 times.

The couple named Nate and Sarah then let viewers in on a little secret by instructing them to start asking for an extra bun on the side with the order to make it into two single cheeseburgers.

They then showed firsthand how to turn one double into two single cheeseburgers, as they took the two patties and transferred them over to the second bun.

“That’s two meals for less than half the price of buying them separately,” they said.

(yeah guess what at MACDONLADS instead of ordering the big mack order double cheese burger get more beef and an xtra bun
    get two burgers for price of one and do not order large drink get a small then ask for refill )

OK also depends where you are eating like if in outback steak house or Red lobster yes your getting served at your table.

Also where you live prices vary like here in Philly local resruatnt Cheese steak $9 in center city as high as $15

a big 8 oz burger $6 fries $4 eat in or to go 20 oz bottle of any drink $2.75 or as i do corner store only $2.50

other FF chains like wendy's big bag bacon cheese burger fries nuggets & small drink only $6.50

Arbys meal beef sandwhich friess drink $9 and if you eat in they have a BELL to ring out at door to say your happy

or make your own in house bag of 8 rolls $4.70 8 100% BEEF burger s $9 large 2 lb bag of frozen fries $7

NO tax thats like a family of 4 meal 2 X for only 20.70 and add drinks $2.50 x 4 = 10$ total for 4 $30.70 and NO fawking tip just wash out the pan use paper plates or china

fresh hot as fawk and add your own seasonings

now ordering in ummmmmm goona cost more deliver fee $1.50 meal cost way higher and yu can get a bad cut of beef any where even rib eye steaks

one place pizza special 2 large pizzas 18 " pizzas only with tip delivered $22.50

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Food has become crazily more expensive down here since covid too.

But $24 for a burger fires and drink at any chain outlet would seem way over the top here too.

The "gourmet" 1/4 pound Angus beef meals are maybe $18 tops anywhere. And that seems like a lot for fast food to me.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Bill, there's a Five Guys down the road from me.
    The burgers are outstanding, you get what you pay for.

You can't get a Chick-Fil-A sandwich for under ten bones, same with Five Guys, ten bucks minimum.
    But like I said, you get what you pay for.

Me?
    I buy quality meat in bulk, freeze what I don't need for later.
    My homemade burgers are almost as good for 60 percent less money.

Did Five Guys at least give you free peanuts.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Food has become crazily more expensive down here since covid too.

But $24 for a burger fires and drink at any chain outlet would seem way over the top here too.

The "gourmet" 1/4 pound Angus beef meals are maybe $18 tops anywhere. And that seems like a lot for fast food to me.
    Bidenomics

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8492

Bidenomics

turbobets
    turbobets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13715

It's the bacon that puts you over the top...it's always the bacon.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23789

Hey in April, Gruesome Newsom (Calif.) raised the minimum wage to $20 an hour for Fast Food restaurants.
    Come visit 5 Guys again, if their still in business.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by dogkatcher View Post
    Hey in April, Gruesome Newsom (Calif.) raised the minimum wage to $20 an hour for Fast Food restaurants.
    Come visit 5 Guys again, if their still in business.
    Every fast food joint has been paying that level of minimum wage down here since before covid, and showing no signs of going out of business. In fact they are obscenely profitable.

Big business does not need your help to spread scare tactics, or have their back, for them.

Five Guys already paying near $20/hr anyway as well.

^^^ If you think like this guy, you can know for sure that you have been assimilated and are a tool being used against the people. Think about it. You might even be able to escape the spell if you have enough of your own mind left to be able to step back and assess what you are saying and why.

A higher minimum wage helps every member of society. You are arguing against your own well being.
    Last edited by Optional; 03-08-24 at 07:01 AM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Every fast food joint has been paying that level of minimum wage down here since before covid, and showing no signs of going out of business. In fact they are obscenely profitable.

Big business does not need your help to spread scare tactics, or have their back, for them.

Five Guys already paying near $20/hr anyway as well.

^^^ If you think like this guy, you can know for sure that you have been assimilated and are a tool being used against the people. Think about it. You might even be able to escape the spell if you have enough of your own mind left to be able to step back and assess what you are saying and why.

A higher minimum wage helps every member of society. You are arguing against your own well being.
    It hurts small businesses and I thought you would know that but you are probably pro big business. They can overcome it. Higher minimum wages also lead to worse service because companies cut back on staff and hours to compensate for the loss and increase prices. It also makes inflation worse. Companies will increase the price of the product in turn and that will hurt the consumer and society in general by making things more unaffordable.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be entry level positions not jobs to support a household. This is why these days companies just cut positions to cover it and the consumer suffers. Service is awfully bad. I worked in the food industry for decades. Increasing the minimum wage is okay to a certain extent but it deteriorates the quality of service because don't forget minimum wage earners are entry level positions and thus your product will suffer with lower quality of service.

I don't give my business to these chains very often anymore because we just make everything at home and it's much healthier then the garbage they serve at obscene prices.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave lakerboy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

I rarely eat fast food but these prices are ridiculous....pay a little more for far better quality food elsewhere.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

It hurts small businesses and I thought you would know that but you are probably pro big business. They can overcome it. Higher minimum wages also lead to worse service because companies cut back on staff and hours to compensate for the loss and increase prices. It also makes inflation worse. Companies will increase the price of the product in turn and that will hurt the consumer and society in general by making things more unaffordable.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be entry level positions not jobs to support a household. This is why these days companies just cut positions to cover it and the consumer suffers. Service is awfully bad. I worked in the food industry for decades. Increasing the minimum wage is okay to a certain extent but it deteriorates the quality of service because don't forget minimum wage earners are entry level positions and thus your product will suffer with lower quality of service.

I don't give my business to these chains very often anymore because we just make everything at home and it's much healthier then the garbage they serve at obscene prices.
    I'm really not for or against any size of business, within reason.

I do think higher wages at the bottom end has a lot of tangible benefits over and above programs aimed at other levels though.

Almost every extra cent a low wage earner gets will be spent in the retail economy. Meaning every dollar that goes there has a more meaningful effect on gross consumption levels, which helps everyone.

A minimum wage at a level that can provide an adequate life and some ability to save for the future provides a much greater incentive for non-working poverty level people to step up.

And the argument that businesses of any size cant handle it are answered by every European country and most other rich countries in the world already maintaining much higher minimum wage levels and even indexing them to inflation yearly.

There is a lot of talk about how bad crime has become. Working people who are earning enough to live on don't commit as much crime.

And what is the argument against it? My restaurant meals will cost more and "small businesses" who have relied on legally paying under $3/hr for years are not really businesses any rich country needs at the cost of community quality of life.

lakerboy

I'm really not for or against any size of business, within reason.

I do think higher wages at the bottom end has a lot of tangible benefits over and above programs aimed at other levels though.

Almost every extra cent a low wage earner gets will be spent in the retail economy. Meaning every dollar that goes there has a more meaningful effect on gross consumption levels, which helps everyone.

A minimum wage at a level that can provide an adequate life and some ability to save for the future provides a much greater incentive for non-working poverty level people to step up.

And the argument that businesses of any size cant handle it are answered by every European country and most other rich countries in the world already maintaining much higher minimum wage levels and even indexing them to inflation yearly.

There is a lot of talk about how bad crime has become. Working people who are earning enough to live on don't commit as much crime.

And what is the argument against it? My restaurant meals will cost more and "small businesses" who have relied on legally paying under $3/hr for years are not really businesses any rich country needs at the cost of community quality of life.
    How many days have you spent working in the fast food industry?

Europe is completely unaffordable. Do you ever vacation there?

Optional

How many days have you spent working in the fast food industry?

Europe is completely unaffordable. Do you ever vacation there?
    I'd guess Australia is comparable.

And quality of life and business opportunity is very good.

It really is panic merchant stuff claiming a living minimum wage is an economy wrecker.

It's a financial and social improvement maker.

lakerboy

I'd guess Australia is comparable.

And quality of life and business opportunity is very good.

It really is panic merchant stuff claiming a living minimum wage is an economy wrecker.

It's a financial and social improvement maker.
    So you have never worked in the food industry.

Optional

So you have never worked in the food industry.
    I don't get the relevance when I am making an economic and social argument. Food businesses can adapt or die anyway. We don't need it if it cant be efficient enough to pay a living wage.

Seriously, there are many positive reasons for average people to want a higher minimum wage and the only negative seems to be it will mean businesses reliant on paying 10 bucks an hour have to cut down on staff or increase prices.

lakerboy

I don't get the relevance when I am making an economic and social argument. Food businesses can adapt or die anyway. We don't need it if it cant be efficient enough to pay a living wage.

Seriously, there are many positive reasons for average people to want a higher minimum wage and the only negative seems to be it will mean businesses reliant on paying 10 bucks an hour have to cut down on staff or increase prices.
    We are talking about minimum wages in the food industry and you say it's not relevant whether you have been involved or not. It's completely relevant because you have no goddamn idea how the food industry survives on razor thin Margins and the reason for chains is so you can add $500 profit a month with 25 restaurants and actually make something as a business owner.

All you seem to be concerned with is paying people more because you think they need it but you seem to forget why they need it and it's because of the type of people you vote for.

Nothing I say will change your mind regardless. You live in Australia and that's an expensive country. I'm sure you are well off and have a nice home. Enjoy.

Optional

We are talking about minimum wages in the food industry and you say it's not relevant whether you have been involved or not. It's completely relevant because you have no goddamn idea how the food industry survives on razor thin Margins and the reason for chains is so you can add $500 profit a month with 25 restaurants and actually make something as a business owner.

All you seem to be concerned with is paying people more because you think they need it but you seem to forget why they need it and it's because of the type of people you vote for.

Nothing I say will change your mind regardless. You live in Australia and that's an expensive country. I'm sure you are well off and have a nice home. Enjoy.
    And you seem to have no idea how profitable fast food chains are here where they pay over 20 bucks an hour.

It's very obviously not a linear relationship that staff wages directly determine business profits in these sort of businesses.

America is a rich country too. I don't get why so many of the people themselves argue so loudly against using that wealth to improve the averge quality of life for all.

All I hear is boo hoo gas is over 3 bucks or a take out burger costs $13 and stuff like that. When you guys can afford to pay a little more like other rich countries and the benefits overall could be huge.

It IS expensive for a lot of things here, but people can see the benefits and the volume of complaints about things being too expensive are a small fraction of what we see from the US.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2059

And you seem to have no idea how profitable fast food chains are here where they pay over 20 bucks an hour.

It's very obviously not a linear relationship that staff wages directly determine business profits in these sort of businesses.

America is a rich country too. I don't get why so many of the people themselves argue so loudly against using that wealth to improve the averge quality of life for all.

All I hear is boo hoo gas is over 3 bucks or a take out burger costs $13 and stuff like that. When you guys can afford to pay a little more like other rich countries and the benefits overall could be huge.

It IS expensive for a lot of things here, but people can see the benefits and the volume of complaints about things being too expensive are a small fraction of what we see from the US.

A Small Minded % argue so loudly against using our wealth to improve the average quality of life for all. Corporate greed is a world wide problem.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

I've been to the Five Guys once and the burger was pretty good, but the price is the limiting factor that is keeping me from going back. If I roll into a resturant and pluck down $25 on myself, I might as well go to a real restaurant like sizzler, and have a beer and a meal. I think the business is too cut throat for them to have raised their prices that much, so it represents the best value for the money now a days.

OldBill

i don t give a fawwkkkkkkkkkkkkkk where you live or whatever $24 is nuts for FF burgers

i can go to any wendy's here in philly where tax is 8% get the bug bag meal with bacon cheese burger fries nuggets and drink for $5.60 eat in or take out cooked fresh and hot or full meal at arbys for $9.50 eat in and ring the bell on way out say your happy with meal

NOW at top restuarant chains like outback The Outbacker Burger* $14.99 drinks coke dr pepper $3.79an d i had this burger it's huge 8 oz
    fully loaded with tomotes onions lettuce burrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppp

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    i don t give a fawwkkkkkkkkkkkkkk where you live or whatever $24 is nuts for FF burgers

i can go to any wendy's here in philly where tax is 8% get the bug bag meal with bacon cheese burger fries nuggets and drink for $5.60 eat in or take out cooked fresh and hot or full meal at arbys for $9.50 eat in and ring the bell on way out say your happy with meal

NOW at top restuarant chains like outback The Outbacker Burger* $14.99 drinks coke dr pepper $3.79an d i had this burger it's huge 8 oz
    fully loaded with tomotes onions lettuce burrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppp
    Not sure I’m sold on a “ bug bag meal” at any price.

Sorry Bill. I couldn’t help it.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    I've been to the Five Guys once and the burger was pretty good, but the price is the limiting factor that is keeping me from going back. If I roll into a resturant and pluck down $25 on myself, I might as well go to a real restaurant like sizzler, and have a beer and a meal. I think the business is too cut throat for them to have raised their prices that much, so it represents the best value for the money now a days.
    If you ask me, the best bang for your buck out of all the big chain restaurants is Red Lobster.
    Their seafood is always tasty for flash fried fish, they give you nice portions, and if you stay away from the bar service, you can eat very nicely for twenty-five dollars or less.

Ally and I went for the Lobster Lovers Dream promo they're running, $54.99 for two.
    Left the place stuffed.

Olive Garden is trash, Appleby's is ordinary, and the rest of them have pretty much gone belly up.

I tell you what we all like here at Casa de Nasher is Cheesecake Factory, the portions are also big, but they can be pricey,

If I'm going to pop for 250 plus on dinner, then it's Luger's or Morton's, but if I don't feel like busting out the wallet, it's Cheesecake Factory or Red Lobster.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Andrew Zimmern explains why your Five Guys order is $24
    by JACKSON SINNENBERG | The National Desk
    Thursday, Mar 7th 2024

WASHINGTON (TND) —
    Andrew Zimmern is many things: the longtime host of one of Travel Channel's flagship shows, "Bizarre Foods," a former chef at fine dining restaurants in New York and Minneapolis, and a noted food critic and writer.

Andrew Zimmern is many things: the longtime host of one of Travel Channel's flagship shows, "Bizarre Foods," a former chef at fine dining restaurants in New York and Minneapolis, and a noted food critic and writer.

He is also the co-owner of a hot dog and burger restaurant in Atlanta -- Patty and Frank's -- and has first hand experience in seeing some of the potential causes for rising fast food prices that have sparked viral outrage over the past few months (most recently at Five Guys on Wednesday).

Shortly after he and his partner received their first delivering of ground beef from their supplier at a certain price they agreed on, the company sent a notice that they would be raising the price of beef "for a various amount of reasons."

The price went up about $1.75 a pound, which was about a 25% increase," Zimmern explained to The National Desk in a Thursday morning phone call. "So, we are seeing a staggering amount of volatility in the ground beef market these days.

Organizations like the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) back up his claim. The agricultural lobbying group put out a news release last month predicting that Americans may see record high beef prices this year due to the lowest cattle inventory in over 70 years.

"There were 87.2 million cattle and calves in the United States as of Jan. 2, 2024, 2% lower than the same time in 2023," the organization said in the statement. "Just four years ago, there were almost 95 million cattle in the U.S."

The reasons are various but include farmers selling off cattle due to severe drought conditions -- requiring farmers to hold less inventory to make sure the rest can be fed -- and the rising cost of supplies to feed and support such cattle herds.

“The latest cattle numbers are a stark reminder of the challenges facing America’s farmers and ranchers,” said AFBF President Zippy Duvall. “Severe weather, high inflation and geopolitical uncertainty are taking a toll on farmers across the country, and families will see the effects in their grocery bills.”

lakerboy

Optional you don't really read the response much do you? Fast food chains rely on overall profit. I highlighted that but you keep missing out on that angle. High minimum wages hurt small business owners.

Try less to be obsessed with your position and more understanding of what really happens in the world then you will see the reality.

I'm NOT 100 % sure but I do remember you were pro vaccine right?

Optional

Optional you don't really read the response much do you? Fast food chains rely on overall profit. I highlighted that but you keep missing out on that angle. High minimum wages hurt small business owners.

Try less to be obsessed with your position and more understanding of what really happens in the world then you will see the reality.

I read it. But what do you want me to say? gee thanks for explaining a fast food business needs profit to run... like every single private business in our countries.

You are just flapping your mouth repeating irrelevant talking points you have been fed to convince you exploiting low income workers is good for business and would be a disaster to think businesses have a responsibility to pay workers enough to live decently.

And it's just not true.

What will result from a higher minimum wage indexed to inflation is...

You will be richer as your wage level will be pushed up.

Your small businesses will benefit as low income earners spend any extra discretionary income rather than invest it, boosting the value every dollar creates for the economy.

Your economy will grow faster and be more robust due to the increased consumption levels.

Your quality of life will increase as crime will decrease.

Your country will handle economic downturns better with less people on the edge of poverty to drag the rest of us down when it gets bad.

I think i could go on for another 10 lines if I thought you would bother to read them.

Now, to show I have reads your reasoning, here is a copy of it from above; "High minimum wages hurt small business owners."

YOU ARE WRONG.

It hurts people who can only make a business work exploiting workers on under $10/hr wages. Which we would all benefit from being gone.

It helps every small business who operates efficiently. By ridding the market of the exploitative employers taking the business away from them.

Feel free to try and explain your logic to back up your position. I do not think you can. You've been tricked to think that way. There is NO LOGIC to back up your position. Dumb people just are easy to convince "higher wages = higher prices = phuck those min wage workers, its just an entry level position anyway". But base intuition is not correct in this case.

A high minimum wage is the foundation of a good quality of life for the entire community. And you can see the correlation in EVERY country you will find near the top of quality of life and wealth indexes.

Optional

If by pro vaccine you mean I have tried to tell anyone that they should get vaccinated, then I am not pro-vaccine.

I think people who think they know enough about everyone else's health position to berate them into accepting or rejecting their own doctors medical advice are misguided and dangerous. And kind of annoying.

Are you anti-vaccine? As in do you tell people they are sheeple and not as woke as you to not see its a lie/conspiracy and they should not comply? I hope not.

lakerboy

I read it. But what do you want me to say? gee thanks for explaining a fast food business needs profit to run... like every single private business in our countries.

You are just flapping your mouth repeating irrelevant talking points you have been fed to convince you exploiting low income workers is good for business and would be a disaster to think businesses have a responsibility to pay workers enough to live decently.

And it's just not true.

What will result from a higher minimum wage indexed to inflation is...

You will be richer as your wage level will be pushed up.

Your small businesses will benefit as low income earners spend any extra discretionary income rather than invest it, boosting the value every dollar creates for the economy.

Your economy will grow faster and be more robust due to the increased consumption levels.

Your quality of life will increase as crime will decrease.

Your country will handle economic downturns better with less people on the edge of poverty to drag the rest of us down when it gets bad.

I think i could go on for another 10 lines if I thought you would bother to read them.

Now, to show I have reads your reasoning, here is a copy of it from above; "High minimum wages hurt small business owners."

YOU ARE WRONG.

It hurts people who can only make a business work exploiting workers on under $10/hr wages. Which we would all benefit from being gone.

It helps every small business who operates efficiently. By ridding the market of the exploitative employers taking the business away from them.

Feel free to try and explain your logic to back up your position. I do not think you can. You've been tricked to think that way. There is NO LOGIC to back up your position. Dumb people just are easy to convince "higher wages = higher prices = phuck those min wage workers, its just an entry level position anyway". But base intuition is not correct in this case.

A high minimum wage is the foundation of a good quality of life for the entire community. And you can see the correlation in EVERY country you will find near the top of quality of life and wealth indexes.
    Ya you are correct. Let's get rid of all the small businesses that exploit workers and only allow the huge companies like Amazon McDonald's and Walmart etc to flourish because they don't do any of that. No wonder america is one of the richest countries in the world. They have one of the worst minimum wages. I'm from Canada and our country is in decline but it's okay we are working hard on increasing minimum wages.

I haven't been tricked into anything I ran fast food restaurants for almost two decades and there are only 2 places where you can save in the food industry. Food cost and wages. The higher the wages the harder it is to make a profit. These were big chains as well not little ones and they were always barely profiting. You haven't even seen any of that that's why I asked you the questions earlier and you skirted them in your quest to prove that you are for the working man.

lakerboy

If by pro vaccine you mean I have tried to tell anyone that they should get vaccinated, then I am not pro-vaccine.

I think people who think they know enough about everyone else's health position to berate them into accepting or rejecting their own doctors medical advice are misguided and dangerous. And kind of annoying.

Are you anti-vaccine? As in do you tell people they are sheeple and not as woke as you to not see its a lie/conspiracy and they should not comply? I hope not.
    I take advice from my doctor at times but I don't take it from the government as they are not doctors. It was really annoying to have our leaders berating people who were not getting a vaccine that they didn't want or were uncomfortable with. That's what annoyed me.

Optional

re fast food business. The other way to increase profits is to charge more.

Sometimes more expensive is actually better for everyone.

Most people reading this will be living in rich countries without long term inflation problems. We can afford to invest in the long term well being of our countries with "high" retail prices for stuff whilst we are all doing better than the rest of the world.

I take advice from my doctor at times but I don't take it from the government as they are not doctors. It was really annoying to have our leaders berating people who were not getting a vaccine that they didn't want or were uncomfortable with. That's what annoyed me.
    On that we can agree. The know it all do gooders trying to shame people into getting vaxxed are at least as annoying as the its a scam to cull population types to me.

OldBill

wow i really hit on something huh!

so if you like 5 guys then it's ok to pay BUT NMFW will i pay for a TIP ............... Id ask manger to print up new bill without a tip and if says sorry it's our policy i get the whole order and through it against the wall and walk out

or maybe try to pay it without the the tip ........ a TIP is a gift or gratuity for service not for driving to a place to order a meal anaywhere

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    wow i really hit on something huh!

so if you like 5 guys then it's ok to pay BUT NMFW will i pay for a TIP ............... Id ask manger to print up new bill without a tip and if says sorry it's our policy i get the whole order and through it against the wall and walk out

or maybe try to pay it without the the tip ........ a TIP is a gift or gratuity for service not for driving to a place to order a meal anaywhere
    ---

Tips are optional and freely given by customers, but charges on the receipt from the restaurant itself are mandatory fees. Not paying the automatic gratuity is the same as not paying for the food. However, a recommended or suggested tip is not the same as an auto gratuity.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

The answer is…
    Stay home and cook your own.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave TheGoldenGoose 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    The answer is…
    Stay home and cook your own.

YES SIR GG i can buy 8 top burgers 100% sirloin beef for $10 8 burger rolls for $5 then cheese for $5 and a 2lb bag of fries $8 and make 2 meals for a family of four at a cost of $28