OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Electric Car Owners Confront a Harsh Foe: Cold Weather

hundreds of tesla owners almost froze to death IN CHI

CHICAGO — With Chicago temperatures sinking below zero, electric vehicle charging stations have become scenes of desperation: depleted batteries, confrontational drivers and lines stretching out onto the street.

“When it’s cold like this, cars aren’t functioning well, chargers aren’t functioning well, and people don’t function so well either,” said Javed Spencer, an Uber driver who said he had done little else in the last three days besides charge his rented Chevy Bolt and worry about being stranded with a dead battery — again.

Spencer, 27, said he set out Sunday for a charging station with 30 miles left on his battery. Within minutes, the battery was dead. He had to have the car towed to the station.

“When I finally plugged it in, it wasn’t getting any charge,” he said. Recharging the battery, which usually takes Spencer an hour, took five hours.

no thx buying another used car this week as i did way back in 2015 would still be running if not totaled xmas eve

tow driver got it up on flat bed but rear tire was stuck into wheel well so a long tread mark in street about 25 feet

and if i use c ash at gas station right now in delaware county only $3.09 gal

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

These fukknuts did what their masters wished for them (buying a tard-car) so they get what they deserve. Fukk it.

EDIT: And one can only wonder, wouldn't they have thoroughly tested these electric cars in cold weather and the charging stations (that run on a by-product of oil) before releasing them to the public?

I mean, everyone says Elon is a genius, but ouch this sure looks like the opposite. He looks like a moron. Really, he's just a con-artist like Trump.
    Last edited by hehfest; 01-19-24 at 11:23 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

‘Just another debacle’: Ford is cutting production of its electric pickup — the same truck Joe Biden drove to push EVs in America. Former Chrysler CEO says infrastructure is 'not there'

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    ‘Just another debacle’: Ford is cutting production of its electric pickup — the same truck Joe Biden drove to push EVs in America. Former Chrysler CEO says infrastructure is 'not there'
    It's not about "infrastructure" not being there, its the fact they are pieces of shit. Look at how these car companies do what they are told by the Guvahmint. Changing around factories and investing all this money in this shit, and now they are finding out its a "DEAD HORSE". What's next? Well, they will once again get bailed out.

The car corporation is just another racket that gets subsidies from the guvahmint over and over again. They are another Bernie Madoff but on an extremely larger scale. Con-artists 101.

Biden is just the fall guy. He doesn't know what time it is, and all he is and Trumptard are.........are orators for the elite and the corporations. They try to make all this shit political, but that's all bullshit. Its a dupe on all WE THE PEOPLE.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    And that former Chrysler overpaid CEO that scammed millions from the US taxpayer - oil, that's right OIL is the infrastructure for these cars. NO OIL - NO CHARGING.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517