jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8389

Optional Did you see this? Dangerous Golf down under

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

I'm not saying this in a mean way, but Australia is one strange continent.
    The toilet water runs in the wrong direction for the love of God.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9245

Yeah it's famous for it. And they are bull sharks, pretty much the most aggressive sharks around.

That whole area of South East Queensland has lots of man made canals and waterways and over the last 30 years bull sharks have taken over and keep moving further and further upstream. They can handle almost fresh water as well as salt.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

I heard Greg Norman was spotted swimming in the lake with the other sharks

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3533

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Yeah it's famous for it. And they are bull sharks, pretty much the most aggressive sharks around.

That whole area of South East Queensland has lots of man made canals and waterways and over the last 30 years bull sharks have taken over and keep moving further and further upstream. They can handle almost fresh water as well as salt.

Have you ever driven across the Cahill Crossing?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Have you ever driven across the Cahill Crossing?
    Haven't made it to the Northern Territory, yet.

packerd_00

Haven't made it to the Northern Territory, yet.
    Yeah, I hear it's a wild experience mate. I'm not afraid to admit Salt Water Crocs scare the living shit out of me lol!

You wouldn't catch me on one of those Croc Tours.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

^
    You're in the UK?

I've been wanting to get to Australia for years, but...
    The plane trip from where I am in the States would pretty much kill me.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Full grown Gators and Hippo's are no joke! Sharks and Elephants included also..

I watch Jack Hanna's into the wild and learned a lot about wild animals over the years.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    You're in the UK?

I've been wanting to get to Australia for years, but...
    The plane trip from where I am in the States would pretty much kill me.
    Yeah, ive been to Gatorland though.

You need to fly First Class if your flying to Australia. It's to bloody far to be flying Coach.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

I watch Jack Hanna's into the wild and learned a lot about wild animals over the years.

Did you ever see that vid when the Hippo was chasing some guys in a Speedboat? The Hippo almost caught up to them and they were booting it.

Optional

Yeah, I hear it's a wild experience mate. I'm not afraid to admit Salt Water Crocs scare the living shit out of me lol!

You wouldn't catch me on one of those Croc Tours.

yeah, those feed the massive crocs boat tours aren't my cup of tea either.

Crocs are the only land animal here that can eat you btw. And Australia is the only continent where you can sleep outside under the stars almost anywhere with no risk of being eaten. To go against the stereotype.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

Bull sharks are in rivers across various states in the US as well.

Many sightings and attacks in fresh water where sharks are not expected to be...

Saw a video recently about Jack Hanna and he has full blown Alzheimers....It's so sad to watch people deteriorate and lose their memory with that wicked ailment.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1967

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Many sightings and attacks in fresh water where sharks are not expected to be...

Saw a video recently about Jack Hanna and he has full blown Alzheimers....It's so sad to watch people deteriorate and lose their memory with that wicked ailment.
    Sad about Jack!! Have had several in my family with Alzheimer's! Its a awful way to live!

Hope those sharks don't make it up the Tennessee river, that would Put an end to my fishing and skiing!!
    Last edited by jackpot269; 06-27-23 at 09:23 AM.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Sad about Jack!! Have had several in my family with Alzheimer's! Its a awful way to live!

Hope those sharks don't make it up the Tennessee river, that would Put an end to my fishing and skiing!!
    Yep, my Godfather died a little over a year ago and he had Alzheimers the last few years of his life. His calling card was his intellect and was sharp as a whip and it was really sad to see someone like that lose their marbles.

I'd be careful, as Optional said bull sharks can live fine in fresh water and they seem to be in rivers all over the US now...be careful water skiing but fishing in a boat or onshore should be fine.

jackpot269

Yep, my Godfather died a little over a year ago and he had Alzheimers the last few years of his life. His calling card was his intellect and was sharp as a whip and it was really sad to see someone like that lose their marbles.

I'd be careful, as Optional said bull sharks can live fine in fresh water and they seem to be in rivers all over the US now...be careful water skiing but fishing in a boat or onshore should be fine.
    Time to retire the waders! Duck hunting out also.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That sucks! He was very passionate with his wife about the adventures! Made good money along the way doing it!

I'd say he lived a crazy adventurous life if he does lose his memory and mind. What a life! Can't live forever..

packerd_00

yeah, those feed the massive crocs boat tours aren't my cup of tea either.

Crocs are the only land animal here that can eat you btw. And Australia is the only continent where you can sleep outside under the stars almost anywhere with no risk of being eaten. To go against the stereotype.
    I wouldn't fancy coming across one of those Giant Jumping Spiders you guys get mate lol! We don't really have anything in England as far as Man Eating Animals. The worst Animal Predator we have are Badgers. You get a lot of Foxes but they normally keep to themselves.

packerd_00

Did you ever see this vid mate?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you ever see this vid mate?

Close call, never saw that episode...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Did you ever see that vid when the Hippo was chasing some guys in a Speedboat? The Hippo almost caught up to them and they were booting it.
    I think I did see that episode. They play with fire at times when going into the jungle deep that's for sure!.