ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11674

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Understanding and compromise is the only way out of this.
    Understanding there are two genders, male and female, shouldn't be up for discussion - or should it?

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29913

Again, I agree that children should be allowed to be children and parents should have the ultimate authority on what they are taught. No need to throw non sequiturs at me.

There "should" be no world hunger too. But just saying that does nothing either.

The problem is that there is a catch22 issue here.

If you think freedom of speech is important, and also believe people saying things you think are ethically/morally wrong or dangerous should be censored, then you should be able to stand back and realize that there is no possible way for one side of this argument to ever "win".

Understanding and compromise is the only way out of this.
    There is no catch 22 here in the US at all. If you're a public servant or clocked in at taxpayer funded institutions, you are not granted the same civil rights as the average Joe on the street. You waived those rights when employment was accepted and you clocked in for the day. The same for the private sector. Do you really think McDonalds allows their employees full Constitutional freedoms while clocked in and working? This is a matter of rules and policy being set in our institutions and has nothing to do with free speech.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8494

what an asshole this guy is.

DwightShrute

Furies.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

The word "antisemitism" is being interjected everywhere just as "racism" is thrown around by the MSM and their cult following. It's losing its power as a word by overuse in scenarios that, by definition, are not what they're saying it is.

khicks26
    khicks26's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19038

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9318

Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post

There is no catch 22 here in the US at all. If you're a public servant or clocked in at taxpayer funded institutions, you are not granted the same civil rights as the average Joe on the street. You waived those rights when employment was accepted and you clocked in for the day. The same for the private sector. Do you really think McDonalds allows their employees full Constitutional freedoms while clocked in and working? This is a matter of rules and policy being set in our institutions and has nothing to do with free speech.
    I agree with not teaching kids ideology in school. Be that gender fluidity or religion. I do think proper ethics classes, where all sides of issues are considered would be valuable. To teach kids how to make informed decisions instead of pushing someone elses opinions about what is ethical on them.

So I so agree pink haired extremists should not pushing their version of whats right at any level of public schooling.

But if your plan is to protect the children from exposure to those opinions, soon you will be saying Disney should not be able to portray those views, or people can't espouse those views on social media that kids use, or they can't put up a billboard talking about trans stuff where kids might see it. So it is 100% is about censoring speech in my opinion.

That said, I'm not a supporter of unlimited freedom of speech. I do think the community cocerns should come before personal rights to say or sell whatever you like in that community.

But at the risk of repeating myself too often, the point is that YOU believe in freedom of speech, and you also believe speech about trans stuff or gender ideas should be stifled to at least some extent. So if you can take a step back and look at what you want you should be able to see the impossibility of you ever "winning" this particular argument.

If there is no give and take at some point there will very likely be some sort of social explosion eventually. And still no one will win.
    Points Awarded:

b1slickguy gave Optional 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68665

I agree with not teaching kids ideology in school. Be that gender fluidity or religion. I do think proper ethics classes, where all sides of issues are considered would be valuable. To teach kids how to make informed decisions instead of pushing someone elses opinions about what is ethical on them.

So I so agree pink haired extremists should not pushing their version of whats right at any level of public schooling.

But if your plan is to protect the children from exposure to those opinions, soon you will be saying Disney should not be able to portray those views, or people can't espouse those views on social media that kids use, or they can't put up a billboard talking about trans stuff where kids might see it. So it is 100% is about censoring speech in my opinion.

That said, I'm not a supporter of unlimited freedom of speech. I do think the community cocerns should come before personal rights to say or sell whatever you like in that community.

But at the risk of repeating myself too often, the point is that YOU believe in freedom of speech, and you also believe speech about trans stuff or gender ideas should be stifled to at least some extent. So if you can take a step back and look at what you want you should be able to see the impossibility of you ever "winning" this particular argument.

If there is no give and take at some point there will very likely be some sort of social explosion eventually. And still no one will win.
    Sorry Opti. This is all way too reasonable .
    Actually, great post.

Not to hop on a civics soapbox but our nation was built on compromise. The Constitution was written on compromise and the perception that not everyone had the same views.
    Problem today is shock sells. No TV outlet can get the views when people are not arguing. It comes down to making money and sadly, the major players at these news outlets are much more interested in money than their viewers well being.
    Some day , viewers might catch on to this but I won’t hold my breath.

DwightShrute

I don't think anyone said Disney shouldn't be able to portray their views. Maybe I am wrong and may have missed it.

Other than inciting violence or threatening someone, freedom of speech should be absolute and without censorship or criminal penalty from any government body. Government being the key word. You shouldn't be required to call someone by their preferred pronouns or face fines, jail, or lose your job like in Canada. Scotland just passed a similar law.

Sometimes the price of freedom of speech requires putting up with hatred, lies and all the things you might find objectionable or offensive. The alternative is much worse.

Hasn't the recent pandemic shown how tyrants controlled what can and cannot be said? They closed bank accounts and arrested people because they disagreed with them. It wasn't because of the treat of violence, it was because they challenged the lies being told.

When you control speech, you control thought, and you control people.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 04-27-24 at 08:30 AM.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

I'd agree with most everything you said here. I'd only add that there are gaping differences between how the public and private sectors are handled and perceived by laws, statutes, etc. Change and progression are expected, but not through radicalizing our children in our taxpayer funded institutions. Children are our most valuable asset of all.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave b1slickguy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Sorry Opti. This is all way too reasonable .
    Actually, great post.

Not to hop on a civics soapbox but our nation was built on compromise. The Constitution was written on compromise and the perception that not everyone had the same views.
    Problem today is shock sells. No TV outlet can get the views when people are not arguing. It comes down to making money and sadly, the major players at these news outlets are much more interested in money than their viewers well being.
    Some day , viewers might catch on to this but I won’t hold my breath.
    They are all News Actors. No clue what goes on in the real world.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10392

Quote Originally Posted by twistedknickers26 View Post
    I have no clue what goes on in the real world.
    ---

Fixed it for you.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave b1slickguy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

khicks26

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    ---

Fixed it for you.
    Another classic from 19 douche holes.
    Points Awarded:

BOA12 gave khicks26 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9318

19th Hole

DwightShrute

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8473

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Making Nice.

19th Hole

Quote Originally Posted by khicks26 View Post
    ---

SBR's Little Fascist HAMAS Killer Music Lover...

-

-

-

Last edited by 19th Hole; 04-29-24 at 11:57 PM.

khicks26

---

SBR's Little Fascist HAMAS Killer Music Lover...

-

-

LOL What does this have to do with my post.

19th Hole

[QUOTE=khicks26;31303597]LOL What does this have to do with my post.

~~~

Exactly. Thick as a brick pubescent posts.
    Your video posts make no sense as usual so any response would follow
    for a HAMAS/Fascist sympathizer.

DwightShrute

So you are Jewish and want to go to class but you are prevented from doing so by a mod or moron who the vast majority have no idea why they are even protesting.

Now, change the word Jewish to transgender or Gay or Black. The national guard would be called in most likely.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK

Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave b1slickguy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

khicks26

[QUOTE=19th Hole;31303608]
    LOL What does this have to do with my post.

~~~

Exactly. Thick as a brick pubescent posts.
    Your video posts make no sense as usual so any response would follow
    for a HAMAS/Fascist sympathizer.
    Wow seems to be I'm in your ghostly head.

Even if I explained what the vid means it wouldn't make sense to you. But lets see.

A Song about people being intolerant and not seeing that ant the person has feelings like you too.

See the song is about how bootlicking c unts like you are intolerant to anyone that doesn't look or act like your silly Nazi ass.

Hope this clears things up for you.
    Points Awarded:

BOA12 gave khicks26 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute

slewfan
    slewfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2098

[QUOTE=khicks26;31303779]

Even if I explained what the vid means it wouldn't make sense to you. But lets see.

A Song about people being intolerant and not seeing that ant the person has feelings like you too.

See the song is about how bootlicking c unts like you are intolerant to anyone that doesn't look or act like your silly Nazi ass.

Speaks volumes about his nominee with no shame, The USA's first openly fascist cult leader that even normal R's

fear. Seems the Southern Plan being pushed by a Yankee Snake/Oil Salesman is A fearmongering success Again.

Gayron desantis wears white boots so he'll feel Right at home when it's his time.

DwightShrute

the only ones acting like Nazi's are the college professors, the students smashing up the universities and preventing Jewish students from getting their education which they paid for, and the liberal scumbags MSM who condone this behavior.

In other words, you support Nazis.

The dishonest Left; whatever they are accusing you of doing or being, they are that and doing that themselves.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 05-01-24 at 11:40 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BriGuy

DwightShrute

khicks26

the only ones acting like Nazi's are the college professors, the students smashing up the universities and preventing Jewish students from getting their education which they paid for, and the liberal scumbags MSM who condone this behavior.

In other words, you support Nazis.

The dishonest Left; whatever they are accusing you of doing or being, they are that and doing that themselves.

See your problem is you watch garbage news, but it is more than likely the garbage you want to hear.

The biggest problem you have is: That a good % of the protesters are Jewish, just not the Zionist POS you like. Knowing the difference between a Jew and a Zionist may keep you from stepping in the dog shit and posting garbage that makes you look like the fool.

BREAKING: UNIVERSITIES EXPLODE; ZIONISTS & COPS ASSAULT PEACEFUL PRO-PALESTINE PROTESTERS

Grown ass men beating up college kids. That your side dickhead

Maybe just don't comment on shit you don't know dick about. At least you and Genocide Joe have something you agree on.
    Last edited by khicks26; 05-01-24 at 06:21 PM.

khicks26

[QUOTE=BOA12;31303952]

Speaks volumes about his nominee with no shame, The USA's first openly fascist cult leader that even normal R's

fear. Seems the Southern Plan being pushed by a Yankee Snake/Oil Salesman is A fearmongering success Again.

Gayron desantis wears white boots so he'll feel Right at home when it's his time.
    Yea fuk that Brooks/Dwight garbage ass ghost. That's the way they can be the assholes they want to be.

khicks26

Here you go Dipshit Dwight. A Jew commenting of the protest.

First ... 646566676869 Last