OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Not for Nothing but biggest scare of movie every where was;;;;

THE EXORCIST .......they even had priest on top talk shows saying there is no bonafide satan roaming the earth

I was 19 at the time and boom went to confession next day

WHY because everything happened in your safe haven the bedroom

for weeks i slept downstairs on the sofa with tv on took me a while to feel safe in my own bedroom

Other horror movies hardly saw any some on tv and just laughed. WHY because it was on small screen with tiny speakers.

I always said want a real scare that you shit bricks try driving on the schuykill expressway at 70 mph.

I guarantee u those who try it will have an accident voted worst stretch of 26 miles highway by truckers back in the 70's

NO fore thought when built back in 1953 that there would be 1000's more cars on highway in 20 years entrance lanes were none and the sun setting cause you go blind on some curves.

However i do belive some people were demoanized by the devil you could see it in thier eyes thier actions no fear of any one.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I hear you about the Schuylkill. The 309 Expressway was a real doozy as well back in the day. I'm not sure how either one is anymore, but I can't imagine them being much better on account of the irreversible design flaws.

WinDove
    WinDove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 719

Watched it when I was 11 and man it was scary.
    Watching again nowadays not so much, but back in the before internet times things just hit different.

OldBill

another thing the lines in church for confessionals were like crazy as i just recalled before when i was kid in school we were supposed to go so we receive communion next day.

Funny thing MY g/f at time went to see it after i said no no dont you be afarid to sleep in your bedroom ............ weell after she went then saw me next day called me a big baby.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8401

I was 7 so no wonder it scared the shit out of me. Had to look under the bed before I went to sleep for years

OldBill

understand Fred ya was 7 but i was like 19 when i saw the exorcist ran out of theater after 20 mins waited for friend because he drove us

to theater

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I watched the exorcist with my nieces in Colombia, they weren’t scared. Thought it was stupid. I liked the movie when I saw it for the first time, although it had been out for a while. It was unnerving a bit, but not scary. The movie sinister was the one that got me. Came out 10 years ago. I have to be honest that one made me skin crawl and I was 30. Very few movies are really scary anymore.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Depraved horror movie causes viewers to vomit, faint in the theater

https://nypost.com/2022/10/13/depraved-horror-movie-causes-viewers-to-vomit-faint-in-the-theater/

prob all bs to hype the movie but who knows