Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 444

9 Years For Stealing $600K Of Merchandise From Home Depot

ST. LOUIS – A man from Vinita Park, Missouri who stole nearly $600,000 in items from The Home Depot and then returned them for gift cards was sentenced Tuesday to nine years in prison.

U.S. District Judge Ronnie L. White also ordered Xavier Brown, 46, to repay the retailer $598,036.

Brown, who also goes by Xaiviar Brown, was convicted by a jury in May of four counts of wire fraud and one count of unauthorized use of an access device.

From 2017 to 2021, Brown stole from Home Depot stores and then made more than 1,900 returns of that merchandise across 20 states, using more than 1,700 different temporary drivers licenses to conceal his scheme. Brown, having no receipts, was given store credit or gift cards.

“There’s a reason that the saying ‘Crime doesn’t pay’ has stood the test of time. Xavier Brown hid his scheme by defrauding Home Depot in different states until it caught up to him,” said Acting Special Agent in Charge Mark Dargis of the FBI St. Louis Division. “As soon as Home Depot detected Brown’s suspicious activities, the business contacted the FBI which resulted in today’s nine-year sentence in federal prison.”

The FBI investigated this case. Assistant U.S. Attorney Linda Lane prosecuted the case.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Fukk Home Depot.

Few years back I was working on my pool and needed a couple little parts. The total came to $16 and change. Pulled my wallet out and had a new CC that was only a couple weeks old. This kunt at the cashier goes to ring me up, stops short, and says, “this credit card isn’t signed”. So I grabbed a pen on the counter, signed my CC, threw down my license and said, there you go.

She says to me, “sorry but I cannot accept this CC”. Grabbed my money clip, showed her about $4K in cash and said, “Well, you got me Sherlock Holmes. And here I thought I was going to beat you outta $16. Damn are you you one sharp cookie!!!” Took my money clip, CC, drivers license, told her she could keep the merchandise and walked out the door. Stole her pen too!

Always go to Lowe’s now and probably spent about $25K there since that $16 incident at Home Depot. Stupid company and stupid people at Home Depot.

TheGoldenGoose

Linda Lane, eh?

I know her sister Lois. Friend of a friend.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

bling ring in cali got only one year or less for robbin' paris hilton, lindsay ho, etc, etc., back in the day, over 1 million in goods and shit.... orlando bloom's watch collection, etc.

TheGoldenGoose

Prosecutors love to fukk the little man. But steal from a bank or big corporations and they act like it was their own money you stole.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Prosecutors love to fukk the little man. But steal from a bank or big corporations and they act like it was their own money you stole.
    So you are cool with with these mobs ransacking businesses and stealing? You don't think that people stealing billions of dollars worth of merchandise will in turn effect all of our lives in some way? It's ok because these places have insurance? Where do you think these insurance companies get their money from?

You do understand that if you don't punish and make examples out of them, then more people will do it. Like we are seeing today. I've seen more videos of mobs of of people looting stores in the last 3 years than I have in my entire life.

Who knows where else this guy may have been stealing from? Guy was probably stealing from places all over town.

The best way to stop a thief is to put a bullet in their head. That has a 100% effective rate.

TheGoldenGoose

So Kermit, is firing a weapon into the suspect’s head your solution to all crime? Innocent civilians be damned? Because 90% of the time this guy would be sighted inside a store or out and about driving around selling his shit. Or maybe we need a twenty car state trooper chase at 110mph ending in a pit maneuver?

This is why I very rarely argue political subjects. There’s no way I’m changing your mind or anybody else here on this site. And nobody is changing my views on out of control rogue police who don’t understand they are not in Afghanistan any longer. They are supposed to be keeping innocent civilians safe.

So the subject is moot. We can simply agree to disagree.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8389

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    So you are cool with with these mobs ransacking businesses and stealing? You don't think that people stealing billions of dollars worth of merchandise will in turn effect all of our lives in some way? It's ok because these places have insurance? Where do you think these insurance companies get their money from?

You do understand that if you don't punish and make examples out of them, then more people will do it. Like we are seeing today. I've seen more videos of mobs of of people looting stores in the last 3 years than I have in my entire life.

Who knows where else this guy may have been stealing from? Guy was probably stealing from places all over town.

The best way to stop a thief is to put a bullet in their head. That has a 100% effective rate.
    So you responded to a post about criminals getting worse punishment for stealing from corporation than an individual and you complain but want to shoot someone at your house for same! you make no sense! I'll never understand that mind set.
    Before you start being an internet bad ass I'm all about defending your home with a gun or what ever else you can get your hands on!
    Why then would you think worse punishment for retail crime from court?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    So Kermit, is firing a weapon into the suspect’s head your solution to all crime? .
    For repeat criminals, yes. Especially the violent repeat criminals that we see videos of every day attacking, beating, and murdered random innocent people.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    So you responded to a post about criminals getting worse punishment for stealing from corporation than an individual and you complain but want to shoot someone at your house for same! you make no sense! I'll never understand that mind set.
    Before you start being an internet bad ass I'm all about defending your home with a gun or what ever else you can get your hands on!
    Why then would you think worse punishment for retail crime from court?
    I didn't say anything about shooting anyone in my home. That should already be a given.

I think that when you see groups of people ransacking and looting a store that they should be shot on site.

What contribution to society does someone who has been arrested 20 times? Al they do is ruin other people's lives.

The fact that you think that robbing a store only affects the "corporation" is comical and shows how ignorant and naive that you can be.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8389

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I didn't say anything about shooting anyone in my home. That should already be a given.

I think that when you see groups of people ransacking and looting a store that they should be shot on site.

What contribution to society does someone who has been arrested 20 times? Al they do is ruin other people's lives.

The fact that you think that robbing a store only affects the "corporation" is comical and shows how ignorant and naive that you can be.
    I never said that robbing a store only effects a corporation! My point was that it should not be treated like a worse crime than robbing you or me. Why should they get a break for robbing us throw the book at them!!

OP sad nothing about groups or mobs it said "a man"

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The Home Depot... return a stolen item... get a gift card and sell it to someone for 50% Off... has been going on in Detroit for the last 15 years. Home Depot thought they could stop the madness by requesting a Driver's License... and entering the number in the system. All these clowns have drug addictions.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i think Egypt home depot takes your fingers for stealing first offense

if you see a guy in Cairo with 3 fingers you know he's got a nice house

Four33
    5-3-2
    Four33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

He was just trying to beat the vig props

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

So how did he do the stealin'? Just walk out with stuff?