OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Minnesota Fats vs Willie Mosconi - Legendary Match w/ Howard Cosell commentary

two very different styles the Hustler shark Fats vs the tourney champion Willie SEE who wins the match

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

It’s good to have someone around 80 years old here to keep the posting diversified

especially now since SammyOdom has been sacrificed to the Sheela Na Gigs Gods

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

LOL

Fats was the showman, but Mosconni unbeatable.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    LOL

Jackie Gleason, I saw as one of the greatest all-around entertainers of all time,-played Minessota Fats, didn't he?
    No, let me change that statement above. I believe he was the greatest all-around. A natural at everything he did.

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

LOL

your user name reminded me of this match i watched 2 years ago but without Cosell and we had a wilie mosconi pool hall for like 25 years and he appeared there to take on the top locals i was young then but pool halls are now rare in philly after being popular from movie Color of Money

BUT i know that record of mosconi running 200 str8 balls will never be broken

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Gleason had a way about him, just how he carried himself...inspirational. made you smile!

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Gleason had a way about him, just how he carried himself...inspirational. made you smile!
    I had an uncle with the Gleason look and charisma. Unfortunately he died of a heart attack about the age of 52.'
    Hella personality and big ol' country boy from western Kentucky. Came from a typical Kentucky farm and his mother, my grandmother, was the finest example of a human being I ever saw or met.

sam74
    sam74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1496

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    your user name reminded me of this match i watched 2 years ago but without Cosell and we had a wilie mosconi pool hall for like 25 years and he appeared there to take on the top locals i was young then but pool halls are now rare in philly after being popular from movie Color of Money

BUT i know that record of mosconi running 200 str8 balls will never be broken
    It is a good thing this isn't a billiards forum as this is a hot topic. But I believe your numbers are off/low. I think Mosconi's high run was 526. It was beat back in 2019 by a run of 626 and that was beat earlier this year by a 714.

Willie Mosconi's High Run | AzBilliards Forums

Comparing 626 | AzBilliards Forums

Jayson Shaw’s World Record 714 High Run Video | AzBilliards Forums