The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Curious What Y'all Think of this Child Abuse Case

Ofc its a story out of Florida. Original story broke on Feb 8th
    https://www.wptv.com/news/crime/jupi...live-in-garage

The couple has gotten death threats and a TON of hate after that initial article.

How today, their attorney responded. Read the notes
    https://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-p...ng-lawyer-says

Some cliff notes:
    Boy is 14 years old.
    Was adopted by this FL fam years ago.
    They have 3 other kids.
    He ran away from home and was reported missing.
    Police investigate the house and find an 8x8 room built in the garage that he is forced to live in with only a lock and light-switch on the outside.
    Ring camera in the room records a ton of videos
    Theres a bucket in the room for him to defacate in overnight....

And then read the second link

What do yall think

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5421

How much you want to bet that I can find child abuse cases in every state. Has nothing to do with it being Florida. I bet California has very bad cases as well.

Now that that is out of the way. It's pretty messed up how he was treated. Lots of evil in the world.Sounds like the whole family needs to be in a padded cell including the kid. The parents should never be allowed to adopt again.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'm confused...the defense attorney went to the police ??? Is he hired by these 2 though ?? I guess he went to police because there is still a present danger to the child?

vivablu
    vivablu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

this is bad as those schools forcing kids, especially pre-school kids to wear masks. the long term affect of peers masking around young child is irreversible.

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25582

I would need to know political affiliations and race of all involved before I have an opinion.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Typical Republican behavior.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

What a ugly situation

Sounds like there's an actual disorder here regarding the child's ability to bond w his caretakers, most likely made more difficult if there are actual children of the family present.

Sad all around

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

Jail the parents. Clearly they adopted the kid to receive State money. This happens more often then you'd think in many States.

This is not a Republican or Democratic thing.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    What a ugly situation

Sounds like there's an actual disorder here regarding the child's ability to bond w his caretakers, most likely made more difficult if there are actual children of the family present.

Sad all around
    Agree. By all accounts, it seems they were great parents for the other 3 kids. But this kid, how could anyone deal with him? Nature vs Nurture, both have influences. But his DNA is what it is, and its that of the next school shooter, and nurture cant change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Jail the parents. Clearly they adopted the kid to receive State money. This happens more often then you'd think in many States.

This is not a Republican or Democratic thing.
    They didnt receive state money. He was adopted from Asia on their dime, not in the foster care system.

If they exhausted every avenue of help, I dont know what else they were to do. They had to keep their kids safe. They feared for the safety of their family bc of the kid.

Im not sure what options they had. Maybe institutionalize him? It doesnt seem like they chose the best choice but if I put myself in their shoes, Im not sure what I would've done. Maybe the same thing if Im being honest.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11913

If the kid was out of control then I still have to blame the parents. You beat the brat with a stick growing up and you won't have this problem later on in life and need to lock him up in the garage when he is grown.

Paddle the shit out of him I say starting at 5 or 6 years old if he was really acting up. Put the fear of God in him at an early age!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-12-22 at 12:29 PM.