MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    Stop eating fast food, and break out a dam pan on your stove. It aint that difficult. Plus, by the time you drive there, potentially wait in a line, get back home......you could've cooked.
    [IMG]C1-D5-F461-C6-D1-4-B5-B-A2-DC-690-C342-BDC86[/IMG]

[IMG]F0-F4-DF2-D-DFFD-46-DA-A273-C5563-EB99-A18[/IMG]

You know it - better than any $#!T you would get at ANY fast food hole…..

Fawk You, J.J.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave MaltedHopsFrenzy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

A whopper every once in a while, is damn good

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    its not meant to be a full time job.
    Not only is it not considered a career patch (unless restaurant management is you chosen career path and just starting out in the business)
    the worker know full well they're going to be making shit per hour wages.
    They know that going in.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    A whopper every once in a while, is damn good
    Wendy's is my top choice if I want rat burgers.
    BK would be second choice,

Mickey D's would be my last resort.
    If I wanted a crappy meat free burger than I'd go Mickey D's,
    Their hamburgers are all meatless.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Jay,

Fair enough but I didn’t make $15 my first job in my current business. It was far less. What I did do is seize the opportunity I had though. There is no such thing as a perfect job or opportunity. You have to work towards it. I’m sure you have done just that.
    So are you saying that people should be forced into labor? Who gives a shit if they decided to quit? People quit jobs all the time. Six figure, 7 figure jobs. Who are you to tell people to stay on a job? Who are you to tell someone there's no perfect job? Who are you to say just because you made less than $15 that everyone else should to? This is a free country. If people want to work or don't want to work, who gives a shit? Damn, you guys sound like slave masters.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Jay,

Fair enough but I didn’t make $15 my first job in my current business. It was far less. What I did do is seize the opportunity I had though. There is no such thing as a perfect job or opportunity. You have to work towards it. I’m sure you have done just that.
    When was that though? Was it awhile back? Not sure what minimum wage is these days in Nebraska, but the cost of living today is obviously much different. My first real job in HS (although I worked for family before that), I got paid $4.50 per hour cash under the table. I don't even understand how people who make 20 bucks an hour live in New York City or Los Angeles. In San Francisco, how do people live there while working at Starbucks? I think ever cent goes to rent. Sure, the programmers/computer guys make a lot of money, but what about ordinary people who work at Target?

It's very hard for someone to survive nowadays in an expensive city, and some people don't even have the means or desire to pick up and move their whole lives elsewhere to a cheaper city. You are probably a very intelligent person tbh and most people are just ordinary folks. They don't change their situation because they don't have the real desire to change it.

I think the wealth disparity in this country is disturbing, the way it's headed. That's capitalism, but how can big companies like Amazon literally pay no taxes. It's absurd. Thankfully, Biden will correct that. But after how many years of not paying? Then they do all these stimuli and they want ordinary taxpayers, who work minimum wage jobs, to contribute to that. It makes zero sense.

If you make 40,000 bucks or less, I don't even think you should have to pay the IRS anything. I know some people who have been working hard 12 hours a day for the past 15 years who barely have a cent to their name and can barely afford decent medical insurance for their families.

Something needs to change. These companies that are paying their employees minimum wage are making billions of dollars per year. Look at Walmart. It's one of the most profitable companies in the world, if not the most, and you're telling me they can't pay their employees more?

That's the problem. People are seeing it's better to just go on section 8 and collect benefits like Medicaid then slaving away at a job that can barely get medical insurance for their children.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    If anyone is still eating this stuff, then they should probably be put in a work camp for stupidity alone. Its the worse food you can eat next to hot dogs (see nitrates). Stop eating fast food, and break out a dam pan on your stove. It aint that difficult. Plus, by the time you drive there, potentially wait in a line, get back home......you could've cooked.
    Fredo landers and people like him? Keep them busy from coast-to-coast
    Only took a couple videos from landers, to see he eats 2,500 calorie BK lunches that have no nutritional value

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 887

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    So are you saying that people should be forced into labor? Who gives a shit if they decided to quit? People quit jobs all the time. Six figure, 7 figure jobs. Who are you to tell people to stay on a job? Who are you to tell someone there's no perfect job? Who are you to say just because you made less than $15 that everyone else should to? This is a free country. If people want to work or don't want to work, who gives a shit? Damn, you guys sound like slave masters.
    Not even close to what I am saying. I’m talking about opportunity. You are misunderstanding me. I don’t care if they work or not but I do think if you are hired as a General Manager of a business that does come with a certain sense of responsibility. It’s a multi million dollar operation. Just walking out probably not the road to get a better job/career. That’s all I’m saying.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    When was that though? Was it awhile back? Not sure what minimum wage is these days in Nebraska, but the cost of living today is obviously much different. My first real job in HS (although I worked for family before that), I got paid $4.50 per hour cash under the table. I don't even understand how people who make 20 bucks an hour live in New York City or Los Angeles. In San Francisco, how do people live there while working at Starbucks? I think ever cent goes to rent. Sure, the programmers/computer guys make a lot of money, but what about ordinary people who work at Target?

It's very hard for someone to survive nowadays in an expensive city, and some people don't even have the means or desire to pick up and move their whole lives elsewhere to a cheaper city. You are probably a very intelligent person tbh and most people are just ordinary folks. They don't change their situation because they don't have the real desire to change it.

I think the wealth disparity in this country is disturbing, the way it's headed. That's capitalism, but how can big companies like Amazon literally pay no taxes. It's absurd. Thankfully, Biden will correct that. But after how many years of not paying? Then they do all these stimuli and they want ordinary taxpayers, who work minimum wage jobs, to contribute to that. It makes zero sense.

If you make 40,000 bucks or less, I don't even think you should have to pay the IRS anything. I know some people who have been working hard 12 hours a day for the past 15 years who barely have a cent to their name and can barely afford decent medical insurance for their families.

Something needs to change. These companies that are paying their employees minimum wage are making billions of dollars per year. Look at Walmart. It's one of the most profitable companies in the world, if not the most, and you're telling me they can't pay their employees more?

That's the problem. People are seeing it's better to just go on section 8 and collect benefits like Medicaid then slaving away at a job that can barely get medical insurance for their children.
    2005 and let’s be real- not much has changed since then other than the wealth gap. I don’t know if I’m smarter than people or not or even more motivated. What I do know is I grew up extremely poor outside of Detroit, Michigan and did take advantage of every opportunity I was lucky enough to earn. I didn’t quit when things got tough.

I agree with your points on wealth gap, living wage, why people say fukk it, etc... all of that is the truth. Not sure why Amazon gets away with what they do but both political groups allow it. What I don’t agree with though is just walking out on the job. That’s really my main point from experience. You can’t get ahead if you peace out every single time something doesn’t work in your favor. To each their own though at the end of the day.

Lastly, and I hate to say it. Chicken or the egg? Should these companies pay people more that just walk out or do they walk out because they aren’t paid more? That’s the endless debate. Probably somewhere in the middle.

Ventura
    Ventura's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

These people were probably making $11-15/hr, while the minimum wage is $9/hr in the state. Fast food places around town have been advertising $15+ /hr for months and they all seem to still be hiring.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think the drive to work is what makes the US a great country

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I doubt anyone there was making minimum wage. I live in a small poor town in Western, Pa and no one here is making close to minimum wage.

Problem is that too many people want to make the kind of money to buy a Corvette, but none of them have any skills or talent.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Biden’s America

Why work when you can get free money from the government.
    It is so hilarious how the liberals here assume that anyone who leaves a job must no longer be working. Unlike your own experiences and your communist wet dreams, it is possible to leave a job Burger King and still stay in the workforce.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Good for them Burger crap is owned by that POS Warren Buffet corporation that garbage isn't even meat it is more like soylent green. Eat at a local family owned diner and tip the staff!

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Good for them Burger crap is owned by that POS Warren Buffet corporation that garbage isn't even meat it is more like soylent green. Eat at a local family owned diner and tip the staff!
    I can’t tip the staff or eat out because I quit my job.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

I can’t tip the staff or eat out because I quit my job.
    Pound some winners guy problem solved!

mjsuax13

Pound some winners guy problem solved!
    Truth. Let’s get it!
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave mjsuax13 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

That's winners not wieners big difference!

stevenash

That's winners not wieners big difference!
    I was waiting for that.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

How will fat people get their double whooper with cheese and fries now?

reallyhardtowin
    reallyhardtowin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I bet they get paid USD.
    How the phuch do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They get paid garbage

Good
    For them

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    [IMG]C1-D5-F461-C6-D1-4-B5-B-A2-DC-690-C342-BDC86[/IMG]

[IMG]F0-F4-DF2-D-DFFD-46-DA-A273-C5563-EB99-A18[/IMG]

You know it - better than any $#!T you would get at ANY fast food hole…..

Fawk You, J.J.
    what is that shit turkey burgers

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Get a real burger and fries if you must. Fast food killing people and making them fat..

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Get a real burger and fries if you must. Fast food killing people and making them fat..

Damn it Jibby! Get back on the grill!
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave mjsuax13 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    what is that shit turkey burgers

turkey burger, Lavash bread ‘bun’, green chiles, pepperjack cheese, red onion - and some sweet potato fries. Very keto, and loogie free, unlike Burger $#!T-King…..

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserR...d_Florida.html

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

My understanding is the thermometer had variance.
    Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Thomorono has never let facts stand in his way. He’s right. Truth/facts wrong
    The heat is debatable... they were undermanned and frustrated. Most service businesses are right now. I live franchised business every single day and you fail again. I’d stick to what you know, losing. General Managers cannot order new equipment typically over $2500 but are authorized to order parts/service. Matter of fact, most franchised organizations have an internal person that handles that.
    Wrong, dumb shits.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

The Ch King is excellent

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

2005 and let’s be real- not much has changed since then other than the wealth gap. I don’t know if I’m smarter than people or not or even more motivated. What I do know is I grew up extremely poor outside of Detroit, Michigan and did take advantage of every opportunity I was lucky enough to earn. I didn’t quit when things got tough.

I agree with your points on wealth gap, living wage, why people say fukk it, etc... all of that is the truth. Not sure why Amazon gets away with what they do but both political groups allow it. What I don’t agree with though is just walking out on the job. That’s really my main point from experience. You can’t get ahead if you peace out every single time something doesn’t work in your favor. To each their own though at the end of the day.

Lastly, and I hate to say it. Chicken or the egg? Should these companies pay people more that just walk out or do they walk out because they aren’t paid more? That’s the endless debate. Probably somewhere in the middle.
    That's admirable that you were able to build a company like that coming from nothing. But yeah you have to understand that you have a drive within you that most people probably don't. You're right, you can't quit when things get tough. But at Burger King, there is probably no future. I think In and Out pays their managers over 100 grand a year. I doubt a Burger King manager gets anything close to that, no matter what state they're in. A franchisee probably can't afford it. But if Burger King paid the franchisee's more of the pot/reduced their initial fees, they could afford to pay the employees more. So it really all comes from the greed at the very top. Walmart isn't satisfied with 500 billion revenue per year. They want 1 trillion. They try and cut costs at every quarter and squeak every cent they can out of vendors, employees, and customers alike.

Can't wait for these companies to get cracked in the future. 1 man is on track to be a trillionaire in our lifetime. How sickening is that. And he (Bezos) might do it by stepping on the throats of every employee who helped him get to where he is.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Become a burger king manager at 22. Live with mom and dad for next 9 years and save up. Buy a house then you will be fine. By the age of 35-40 you will be a district manager. You can move up in other areas.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Biden’s America

Why work when you can get free money from the government.
    This

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I don't think they'd be getting any free money if they quit.

like another poster said, it's entirely possible these "quitters" all had lined up other jobs ahead of time. some of them might have other skills but had to work at BK as a last resort during the pandemic because other businesses had to lay off. Now they can back. Tough to make any real astute judgements on the info given

it's not like the just showed up and threw their cardboard crowns down.

the article says they gave their two weeks notice

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^Yup stay home and get paid. Why work under Biden's America? Jobs are for losers now I guess..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^Yup stay home and get paid. Why work under Biden's America? Jobs are for losers now I guess..
    you don't get paid to quit

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

what can my country do for me next ?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Just got done picking up BK for grub hub. The one girl said they are have big trouble getting workers

First 1234 Last