LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Give your Best and Worst Credit card companies.

I'm talking about easy customer service:
    Worst: Chase
    Best: Discover

LongBall52

I'm not seeking agreement, but knowledge. I've been a fan of Chase for 20 years....Lost my credit card at probably Walgreens. Spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME trying to report it to their phone system. Tonight called them again and after saying "HUMAN" about 50 times got someone that had to transfer me.... Then the girl said my call was breaking up.... Whew... Yea Verizon--Yea Chase... Nah, the world has changed!

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Have chase sapphire preferred. Their rental car protection has saved me thousands so a big fan. Had car broken into in nyc, accidentally pulled up onto a curb and smashed front end on a road trip, and something fly off a truck and smash up rental in Chicago. All I had to do was tell them I used that card for rental and never heard about it again.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

I do like Discover:

1) No Annual Fee.
    2) Accept the quarterly offers. If you're smart about it, you should be able to get close to $75 cash-back each qtr.

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Worst: BkofAma.
    Best : Capital one

I judge on international purchasing. BkofAma was like pulling teeth to get them to let charges go through. Also applies to anything shady I buy anywhere. Capital One will at least text me and ask the let it go, plus their rewards don't expire. If your into that stuff.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Best: Citi, Discover and Amex
    Worst - BkofAma, Chase

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Worst: BkofAma.
    Best : Capital one

I judge on international purchasing. BkofAma was like pulling teeth to get them to let charges go through. Also applies to anything shady I buy anywhere. Capital One will at least text me and ask the let it go, plus their rewards don't expire. If your into that stuff.
    I have the Cap 1 card, came with the 360 account I have.
    Love the card, the first year dollar for dollar cash back can't be beat.

And yeah again.
    BkofAma (any product) sucks monkey balls.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Why everyone hate chase. It’s my favorite card.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I'm OK with Chase.
    I also have their Amazon cash back card too.
    Good rebates.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Their Chase Freedom card, I've had since they changed the name from just Chase ****... The card itself and the bonus I've enjoyed for a Long long time. I used it regularily for maybe 20 years...Then I lost the card at Walgreens are somewhere between there and my home. So I had to make the call...The pain of simply reporting a card lost on their phone system was something, that I have never experienced.... So just don't lose the card and you'll continue to love it.

LongBall52

**** is V/I/S/A

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

CitiRewards+ for gas and groceries. 2 pts for every dollar spent at grocery stores and gas stations, and they round up to nearest 10pts. A point is worth about $ .01

Capital One Quicksilver for EVERYTHING else. 1.5% cash back on ALL purchases, utility bills, insurance premiums, everything!

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

I never had a card with them but I just opened a bank account with Comenity which is apparently a credit card company. They restricted my account for security reasons. Wanted me to send in a DL and social security card. I had a bank linked with them so I just transferred it back out. They cancelled the transfer. So I called them up and asked them how to get my money out and they said they would send it to the exact same bank.

What was the security here exactly?

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Best: Amex
    Worst: Discover

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

No thank you. Fukk c-r-e-d-i-t-cards. $10K stashed in my freezer for emergencies. I've got my V-I-S-A Debit Card tied to my Checking account, Debit Cards tied to my E-Trade and TD Ameritrade accounts. C-r-e-d-i-t-cards are just trouble waiting to happen.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    No thank you. Fukk c-r-e-d-i-t-cards. $10K stashed in my freezer for emergencies. I've got my V-I-S-A Debit Card tied to my Checking account, Debit Cards tied to my E-Trade and TD Ameritrade accounts. C-r-e-d-i-t-cards are just trouble waiting to happen.
    You should have one no fee card, stash it, don't use it in case of emergency.
    Just in case.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

BkofAma - they don’t stick up for you at all if you’re a victim of fraud. Found that out the hard way.

Don’t use them at all anymore but actually used to like the Chase Southwest card. Easy way to rack up airline miles

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Have rewards cards from Bank of Am., Citi, & Chase. They're all good in their own way.

No need to use the non-rewards cards that I have anymore.

Chase has the worst customer service

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Chase is meh-
    Citi is meh-
    Amex is top notch. The fees for the centurion card are ridiculous but worth it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Chase is meh-
    Citi is meh-
    Amex is top notch. The fees for the centurion card are ridiculous but worth it.
    My problem with AMEX is they don't 'work with you'

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I had a few issues with amex back about 15 years ago and ditched them for a long time. Been back since 2017 and my experience has been great. I use them as often as I can.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Credit One has to be the worst. Get your balance under a certain amount and they automatically mail you a convenience check which, if one is dumb enough to cash it, gets tacked right on to your balance. PREDATORY doesn't even begin to describe these people. I have had good luck with Discover.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Clearly Amex Black Card is the best. (esp. if you're a Jonas Brothers fan.)

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by Natty68 View Post
    Credit One has to be the worst. Get your balance under a certain amount and they automatically mail you a convenience check which, if one is dumb enough to cash it, gets tacked right on to your balance. PREDATORY doesn't even begin to describe these people. I have had good luck with Discover.
    I had get one of those cards years ago to help restore my credit i destroyed in the 90s. It did help get me credit in a more positive light after a year of making payments on time. But the monthly 8 bucks service fee is excessive. Even if you have balance paid in full they still charge service fees and are always trying find a way to tack on a fee or interest for something that didn't exist the month before.
    After 2 years and my credit going up, i was able get a for real CC - 1st a Discover, which I use almost exclusively because of the cash back options - and then i got a Citi CC, that I rarely use. But after having my balance paid in full for months and only paying the monthly service fee, when I tried to cancel the Credit One card, it was so frustrating.
    They make it next to impossible to be able talk to a live person, and even then I feel they use people with the most rudimentary english and will not let you cancel. I had speak to a supervisor and even then she would not let me cancel right away. Kept saying "you never know, you might need it. Christmas is coming up, you might want buy gifts." It was summer time.
    I just kept saying i wanted to cancel and she wouldn't let me. Finally she said she would suspend my acct and wave the monthly service fee and if I changed my mind I could call to reactivate my acct.
    Finally I just accepted and said after 3 months I wanted it officially cancelled. Over next 3 months I was bombarded with emails about calling to reactivate my acct. Offers for more credit. But I never was charged the service fee and balance stayed at $0 - after 3 months I went through same crap trying to talk to someone that had power to close acct. They eventually said it would take another 3 months of them taking it off being suspended and listing it as closed to finally take effect.
    Again, another 3 months of emails and offers trying to make me stop from closing it.
    After roughly 6 months i was finally officially closed.

It was such BS to go through.