LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

Do you use 5 -Hour Energy shots?

If so does it replace coffee for you or just in addition to. They recommend no more than 2 shots per day on some website.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

I just gave up Red Bull a few weeks ago because it would keep me up all night.

Used to drink Red Bull straight and vodka Red Bulls. Also sometimes did shots with Redbull in them like Jager Bombs.

Just got to be too much. Simply by giving up the Red Bull I'm sleeping way more and drinking way less alcohol.

LongBall52

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    I just gave up Red Bull a few weeks ago because it would keep me up all night.

Used to drink Red Bull straight and vodka Red Bulls. Also sometimes did shots with Redbull in them like Jager Bombs.

Just got to be too much. Simply by giving up the Red Bull I'm sleeping way more and drinking way less alcohol.
    I think Red Bull from distant memory is more powerful than regular 5 hour energy.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I use 5 hour energy as my go to when I need something to keep me awake

I have some in my desk at work and some in my car

They help me A LOT

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

1 time did basically 72 hours straight in Vegas for Pac12 tourney + NBA/ NHL/ UFC

never again....

dmm
    dmm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4116

In my experience, the boost from energy drinks is way above that of plain coffee. There's a distinct clearing of mental fog. Haven't done the research on all those B vitamins and other supplements, but there is definitely some sort of entourage effect going on. Ultimately, I suspect it's a -EV play but I still consume these products.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

I used to drink Ripped Force and Diet Turbo Tea at the gym. Not sure if they are even made anymore. They were powerful. I would feel wired but ready to take on the world. Caffeine now makes my acid reflux a lot worse so I try to stay away.

LongBall52

I know this sounds impossible, but it appears to be true . I've still got a couple of variables to rule out. 5 Hour Energy has lowered my blood pressure! Before using it I was getting daily readings on a HIGI machine of 150's/80's Since using it I am getting readings of 120's over /80. I feel better after taking it. I'm 72 with a couple of conditions including hypertension. I have to get some readings of bp before walking for 40 minutes.