TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1494

Whose been to Hawaii?

Planning my first trip there in June. What island(s) should I goto? Any resort you’d recommend? Definitely would like to do some snorkeling and fishing. Thanks guys

Vyasports
    check raise re-raise all-in
    Vyasports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1334

You're welcome

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Oahu has the most tourist friendly accessible beaches by a landslide. And the worst shore fishing.

The more desolate and undeveloped islands are much better for fishing. But not so good in other ways.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    Oahu has the most tourist friendly accessible beaches by a landslide. And the worst shore fishing.

The more desolate and undeveloped islands are much better for fishing. But not so good in other ways.
    Agreed. Went there on our 10 year wedding anniversary - could've been in any metropolis. Farther you go from there, more likely you get the true island 'experience'.....

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Kauai is my fave island. Not nearly as commercial as Honolulu or Maui.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Kona if you want less crowds and peace

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Once you go to the French Polynesia you never go to Hawaii. Have a fun trip.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Once you go to the French Polynesia you never go to Hawaii. Have a fun trip.
    Which Hotel or Resorts??

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Maui very nice. Stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa & The Four Seasons Resort. Bonus if you enjoy playing golf. Have a great trip

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2323

Seen some guys Kayak fishing there looks awesome
    If you do hook something big you have to watch sharks stealing your fish.

TheLock

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    Which Hotel or Resorts??
    If I ever go back to the French Polynesia again, I will stay in a overwater bungalow at the Hilton on an island called, Moorea.

I stayed there before I went to Bora Bora.

Moorea is half the price of Bora Bora and the snorkeling in Moorea is 10 times better than in Bora Bora.

Also, if you stay in Moorea, you only have to take a 30 minute ferry after flying into Tahiti.

To get to Bora Bora, you have to take another 50 minute plane ride after arriving in Tahiti.

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

Was a few decades ago...but all I remember was the beautiful beach in Maui, was the best out of all islands.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24969

Quote Originally Posted by beavis13 View Post
    Kauai is my fave island. Not nearly as commercial as Honolulu or Maui.

My advice would be maybe two days on Oahu. Hit the tourist sites like the Arizona. The Dole pineapple farm sucks, skip and drive north.

Check out the beaches and waves on the North Shore. Stop off at the fruit stands and the Shrimp shacks. Diamond Head hike is nice, good workout.

2 days on Oahu, spend rest of your time on Kauai. Will feel more remote. Head west to Polihale Beach, voted Travel and Leisure #1 obscure beach in the world.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

If I ever go back to the French Polynesia again, I will stay in a overwater bungalow at the Hilton on an island called, Moorea.

I stayed there before I went to Bora Bora.

Moorea is half the price of Bora Bora and the snorkeling in Moorea is 10 times better than in Bora Bora.

Also, if you stay in Moorea, you only have to take a 30 minute ferry after flying into Tahiti.

To get to Bora Bora, you have to take another 50 minute plane ride after arriving in Tahiti.
    What was your budget for this trip and how many went with you?

TheLock

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    What was your budget for this trip and how many went with you?
    Roughly $14K and I was with one other person.

If we had done all 8 nights in Moorea instead of 4 in Moorea and 4 in Bora Bora it would have cost roughly $10K

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Roughly $14K and I was with one other person.

If we had done all 8 nights in Moorea instead of 4 in Moorea and 4 in Bora Bora it would have cost roughly $10K
    Any photos? Did your budget include food and entertainment?

TheLock

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Any photos? Did your budget include food and entertainment?
    J, yes we took about 300 photos. The place is Heaven on earth. I haven’t posted a photo on SBR in my 13 years here (I post from my phone) but lemme figure out how and I’ll post some.

Yes, the $14K included food, ATV/Jet Ski tour in Moorea.

But the entertainment is the land and sea. We did a ton of snorkeling, lounging, drinking and penetrating.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13336

I’ve been to every island save for Molokai and Lanai multiple times. Definitely my favorite vacation spot. It really depends on what you’re looking for. Kauai is my favorite, Hawaii tied with Oahu for second, and Maui last. They are all beautiful and for the most part the people are cool. Maui not so much on the people front though. I’ve had a few times where I was like fukk this place I’m never coming back because the locals can be dicks. It’s not even the Hawaiian locals it’s the haolis that moved there and think it’s their job to vibe tourists.

I would say do a few days on Oahu and a few on Kauai. I think chucky said the same thing.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

J, yes we took about 300 photos. The place is Heaven on earth. I haven’t posted a photo on SBR in my 13 years here (I post from my phone) but lemme figure out how and I’ll post some.

Yes, the $14K included food, ATV/Jet Ski tour in Moorea.

But the entertainment is the land and sea. We did a ton of snorkeling, lounging, drinking and penetrating.
    That's my dream

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Been to Kauai as well but honestly didn’t really enjoy it. It seemed to me that everything shut down at 8pm. Stayed at The Westin Princeville Resort so maybe it was that area?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13336

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Been to Kauai as well but honestly didn’t really enjoy it. It seemed to me that everything shut down at 8pm. Stayed at The Westin Princeville Resort so maybe it was that area?
    Princeville is very sleepy and the weather tends to be wetter towards that end of the island. There's still a lot to do up there, but it's mostly hiking/water sports/etc. I like to stay in Poipu and then drive up to Princeville or closer to where the road ends. Poipu is almost always sunny and while there's not really any nightlife, there are restaurants and it's a short trip to the grocery store.