ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

Will EA Sports Ruin Madden?

Colin Kaepernick returns to Madden.

The gaming franchise makes an unexpected move. The internet is skeptical.
    https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/col...n-21-backlash/

In 2020, a novel positive shift in cultural acceptance of protests against the harm that Black people endure in America has occurred, causing brands and companies to reevaluate their response to racism. One company being Madden NFL, the popular American football video game series that hasn’t featured Kaepernick in a game since 2016. The activist is the highest-rated free-agent quarterback in Madden 21, and gamers have the option to play him as a starter on any NFL team. His celebratory expression when scoring is a raised Black Power fist.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Madden has sucked for a long time.

NFL 2k was wayyyyyy better.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9071

Who cares. Madden has been slightly updating the same game every year for a decade.

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Madden has been a joke for years. I have every game wrapped into one with Madden 16.

Axman3000
    Axman3000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I can't play EA games without them shoving BLM in my face. I play games in the Battlefield series (EA's multi-player war series) and when you boot the game up it posts a BLM message. You can't skip it and you have to wait for it to go away.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    I can't play EA games without them shoving BLM in my face. I play games in the Battlefield series (EA's multi-player war series) and when you boot the game up it posts a BLM message. You can't skip it and you have to wait for it to go away.
    What a fukkin joke, these people are crazy. Way to alienate half your customers.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Stupid

Axman3000

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    What a fukkin joke, these people are crazy. Way to alienate half your customers.
    After my beloved pro sports lost it's status as being an escape, these games were one of the only other escapes from all this crap. It's becoming more common for game companies to push all this political correctness BS. I just want to blow people up and collect coins without being preached to about race relations.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Axman3000 View Post
    After my beloved pro sports lost it's status as being an escape, these games were one of the only other escapes from all this crap. It's becoming more common for game companies to push all this political correctness BS. I just want to blow people up and collect coins without being preached to about race relations.
    My barber was saying the other day that he won't allow any of his employees to have shit like that in the barbershop, because it's just going to piss people off whether it's Trump or BLM or whatever.

Axman3000

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    My barber was saying the other day that he won't allow any of his employees to have shit like that in the barbershop, because it's just going to piss people off whether it's Trump or BLM or whatever.
    I don't blame him. You can't even turn the TV in a bar on ESPN anymore without somebody on the screen talking politics and starting an argument in the bar. All the sacred traditions of the past are being destroyed. First time since I became a pro football fan in the mid 80's when I could care less about the NFL season starting. That's coming from a person that has been a KC Chiefs fan the whole time.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

There will also be cheat codes to make your team kneel during the national anthem.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

This entire board minus I'd say 10 active members needs to go out and get laid.

The world is burning and we're worried about a guy being put on a video game.

Who the absolute fukk cares?

retard
    retard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 112

Madden hasn’t been good since madden 12. All ea sports games are scripted to be close slow boring and it’s all theatrics. Your game play is not in the players hands and the scoring was pre determined. Because when real sports games existed everyone left after the first quarter so ea sports took a monopoly over sports games and rigged the games to be slow and retarded shit this democrat generation.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

people still play that game, i heard in one of the madden bowls the guy started a punter as his qb and ran the ball every single play

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    This entire board minus I'd say 10 active members needs to go out and get laid.

The world is burning and we're worried about a guy being put on a video game.

Who the absolute fukk cares?
    I agree with your statement, but who actually cares that the world is burning? Dumbasses protesting/looting/activism will eventually get shot or thrown in jail. While on the world burning, nobody does sh*t about it anyway and the moment you try, you’ll get wrapped up in cancel culture or labeled as a racist.

You can’t change the minds of these simple dumbasses by having dialog.

The whole situation is a sham. Let the guy vent about a washed up QB being placed in a video game where he doesn’t belong.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i got the new madden. i actually like it better than previous years. controls feel tighter. still not enough changes to warrant $60. the commentary is the same shit again and gets stale after 2 games.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I'd put him on my team's roster just to come in at the end of the game and take the final knee to run out the clock.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by ericc View Post
    His celebratory expression when scoring is a raised Black Power fist.
    That’s a great idea! Bring back all the greats, and let them do their “signature move” when they score!

Ray Rice can go punch a woman in the stands and drag her around by her hair!
    “All Day” A.P. goes to the sideline and kicks a kid in the balls!
    Pac-Man makes it rain on some strippers!
    L.T. does a line of coke off a football!
    Mike Vick starts fighting a pit bull!
    Donte Stallworth chugs a beer, then crashes the team medic cart into the goal post!

O.J. Simpson!
    Ray Lewis!
    Rae Carruth!

Those are just off the top of my head! I’d buy that game!

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    That’s a great idea! Bring back all the greats, and let them do their “signature move” when they score!

Ray Rice can go punch a woman in the stands and drag her around by her hair!
    “All Day” A.P. goes to the sideline and kicks a kid in the balls!
    Pac-Man makes it rain on some strippers!
    L.T. does a line of coke off a football!
    Mike Vick starts fighting a pit bull!
    Donte Stallworth chugs a beer, then crashes the team medic cart into the goal post!

O.J. Simpson!
    Ray Lewis!
    Rae Carruth!

Those are just off the top of my head! I’d buy that game!
    It could be interactive with the game, too:

Ricky Williams scores, fires up a bong, takes a hit, immediately quits the team.

Plaxico Burress scores, takes out a gun, shoots himself in the leg, now he’s on IR.

Johnny Football scores, chugs a handle of bourbon, can’t finish the game.

I’m telling you, I would buy this!

Chicken&Waffles
    Chicken&Waffles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1466

Been bad since 2010 or some shit

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    It could be interactive with the game, too:

Ricky Williams scores, fires up a bong, takes a hit, immediately quits the team.

Plaxico Burress scores, takes out a gun, shoots himself in the leg, now he’s on IR.

Johnny Football scores, chugs a handle of bourbon, can’t finish the game.

I’m telling you, I would buy this!
    i would love to hear the madden-isms on these

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Already ruined..gets worse and worse every year

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Dumb question but how would they accurately rate him? No reason for him to be in the game

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Dumb question but how would they accurately rate him? No reason for him to be in the game
    i saw they gave him like an 81 or something. they said they used "the free agent process". maybe when he tried out for teams? not really sure how that is justified. they just wanted to make him good enough so people would sign him and play.