MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Golf question...swing issue

So due to bad knee really had to change up my driver stance and swing. I was fading right on everything because a couldn't torque.

So I've literally begun swinging basically w my feet together, ball place back in stance, club draw straight up and swing down. Catching ball back in stance, driving low but very straight. Almost like an iron swing.

Anyone found success w this type of swing on the tee box? Distance in air is barly past my 3 hybrid or 3 wood (230ish) but the low drive tends to roll very well.

Is there a way to generate more distance from a feet together swing on the drive? Cannot find any youtube videos and pros at club are shocked I'm even getting that distance on it given 0 lower body movements.

Any tips for the range appreciated

dr.sauce
    dr.sauce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3409

keep left hip rotating but feel like your rear end goes left towards the target (assuming you are a righty), push left shoulder lower so it feels tense along your entire left side as you create separation between your upper and lower body and allow that to recoil passively towards the ball as you feel like you are standing up through impact and face the target with a high finish. I've taught my 10 year old this and he can already break 100.good luck. the key to power is the stretch between hips and shoulders, let your entire left side feel like every muscle is creating a spring like torsion and then let it go without manipulating the club face

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

You might consider trying the Stack and Tilt technique. No, your feet do not stay together with the Stack swing, but there is no pronounced weight shift. You basically shift your weight onto your left side, then leave it there during the swing. It can be a very effective style.

Another swing technique that may work for you is the Jim Venetos method. Once again it involves shifting onto the left side and leaving your weight there by "staying still". It's a bit bizarre but it can definitely work, particularly for someone struggling with a bad knee.

Both of these methods work if you have the patience to commit to it. Videos can be found on YouTube.