JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Then why does a black households with advance degrees have less wealth than a white household with a high school diploma?

First, you need to factor in age. Whites in America are on average 43, blacks 33, Hispanics average 28. Income and wealth gaps between ages like that shouldn't be surprising, they should be expected. Second, you need to factor in culture. I saw a study that's about 15 years old from I believe Charles Schwab that showed that about 1/3 of blacks with 6 figure incomes don't even have $5,000 stashed away for retirement. Part of the reason is spending habits, part is that blacks are more likely than whites to reach out to wealthier friends and family for financial help.

Why does a black men make 75% of what a white man makes at the same job?

Again, factor in age.

A Harvard study was done that showed black people with similar resumes as a white person was twice as likely to receive a call back from a job if they whitened their resume to not reveal what color they were. Is this another one of those "bad choices" you called it that caused this? Is there bad choice that they participated in black groups in college? That they have to hide this to be accepted?

I think this is more someone paying for the bad choice another person in their group made. I have a cousin that lives in Amaleda, Ca. She's half white, half Hispanic. She has told me numerous times that she has gone to look at an apartment to rent, she liked it and got along with the manager, but asked if she could bring her husband and sons by to get their opinion. She would show back up in about an hour with her black Army Vet husband and 3 half black sons, only to be told that he already rented the place. Isn't it strange that so many racists in the most liberal area in America have become landlords? Or is it more possible that they're really not racist, but after years of finding that blacks are the biggest headaches as tenants, they would rather not run the risk of renting to blacks?

Are these all just coincidences or maybe just maybe an uphill battle that cant be won without acknowledging discrimination at play?
    I think the main problem is the culture. 1 out of 3 black men will at some point be in court charged with a serious crime. That means 2 out of 3 black men won't ever be charged with a serious crime. Given that men commit many more serious crimes than women, it's safe to say that a significant majority of blacks will never be in serious trouble with the law.

Here's the thing: Do you think that blacks have a more negative opinion of cops than whites? Do you think that is because they have more negative interactions with cops than whites? I do believe that, and I believe that is also why people have a more negative opinion of blacks.

Ultimately we need to stop dividing ourselves into ethnic lines and divide ourselves into the lines of being a good person and citizen. I would rather live next to black business owners than white methheads.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    I think the main problem is the culture. 1 out of 3 black men will at some point be in court charged with a serious crime. That means 2 out of 3 black men won't ever be charged with a serious crime. Given that men commit many more serious crimes than women, it's safe to say that a significant majority of blacks will never be in serious trouble with the law.

Here's the thing: Do you think that blacks have a more negative opinion of cops than whites? Do you think that is because they have more negative interactions with cops than whites? I do believe that, and I believe that is also why people have a more negative opinion of blacks.

Ultimately we need to stop dividing ourselves into ethnic lines and divide ourselves into the lines of being a good person and citizen. I would rather live next to black business owners than white methheads.
    A lot to work with here....
    Let’s start with age gap....
    I’m not sure how the age gap reflects two people working the same job with the black person making 75% of a white persons salary? I understand your wealth comment but I also think that may be due to parental wealth to which carries over to the children.

Your second response is exactly what it is. Racism and inequality. You are saying they lump in one black person with all black pepper they’ve rented to. So if white people had stopped paying rent they would no longer rent to a single white person? Credit checks, references, previous landlord checks, job history all solve the problem of who is a good candidate and who isn’t not what skin color they are.

Now in reference to your criminal comments. Naturally people in poorer communities are going to be stuck in worse situations and mixed with people that aren’t good. The difference is if they can’t afford to move out than their options are limited. This is where the equal education, equal wealth comes into play. These factors would allow the people who want to be better the opportunity to leave. Every race has had people the difference is the opportunities are better set up for a white person to leave that area and flourish elsewhere based on some of the points I made previously.

Yes I think they have a worse impression of cops than whites but for obvious reasons. Historically there’s so much evidence that shows injustices towards them.

I do agree with your point about trying to look at every one as one race but that only comes when all races are allowed an equal ground from the beginning and when people stop lumping all black people as one bad group. Which you would never do if there were a few bad white people in a city and then say all white people are bad

Overall though I do want to say your response to the post was one of the few discussion responses that kept it civil and I appreciate that. No complete over the top ridiculous judgements like I’ve seen so much from some

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Brevity

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

When they are able to stand on the same ground as a white person and feel like there’s equal opportunities. This isn’t about being told they are being kept down, this is about them actually being kept down. Poorer education, crappy school systems, unaffordable housing, racism in being more qualified for a job and not getting it if the diversity quota is already met, being pulled over and having to step out of the car everytime and having the car searched for drugs even if the stop was for a tailight being out, being told you are “too loud”, being mistaken for every single person of your gender and color because you are told you look like every person of that race, the list goes on and on. It’s reality that doesn’t need to be told because they live it each day.
    city of milwaukee has the same public school system no matter what color you are so that's not a good argument... we have had decades of affirmative action, that's a black privilege... we have tons of people of all races helping the black community while they don't do shit for anyone else, that's a black privilege... blacks are exempt from legitimate criticism, that's another black privilege

the whining about being mistreated is a complete joke... me, my daughter, my friend, others have been violently attacked by blacks JUST FOR BEING WHITE... i have never heard of a single black person in milwaukee being attacked just because they were black

i have been in the movie theater when groups yell stuff at the screen like YEAH KILL ALL THOSE CRACKERS! leaving that theater is more uncomfortable than almost anything a black person has to deal with

guitarjosh

A lot to work with here....
    Let’s start with age gap....
    I’m not sure how the age gap reflects two people working the same job with the black person making 75% of a white persons salary? I understand your wealth comment but I also think that may be due to parental wealth to which carries over to the children.

How long have they worked at the job? How much experience do they have in that field? If whites have an extra 10 years of work in that field, they'll be able to command a higher salary. How many hours a week are they working? Regarding wealth, again, there have been studies done that show that blacks don't save and invest their money as ofter as whites, and combine that with blacks being much more likely to call wealthy friends or family for financial support, it is tough for blacks to get ahead.

Your second response is exactly what it is. Racism and inequality. You are saying they lump in one black person with all black pepper they’ve rented to. So if white people had stopped paying rent they would no longer rent to a single white person? Credit checks, references, previous landlord checks, job history all solve the problem of who is a good candidate and who isn’t not what skin color they are.

Potentially, yes. If you were a landlord and found that a significant % of whites who rode motorcycles didn't pay their rent on time and were a huge pain in the butt, are you as likely to deal with them, or tell them it's rented? How long will those things take? I would differentiate between racism and prejudice.

Now in reference to your criminal comments. Naturally people in poorer communities are going to be stuck in worse situations and mixed with people that aren’t good. The difference is if they can’t afford to move out than their options are limited. This is where the equal education, equal wealth comes into play. These factors would allow the people who want to be better the opportunity to leave. Every race has had people the difference is the opportunities are better set up for a white person to leave that area and flourish elsewhere based on some of the points I made previously.

Part of the problem is that black communities are under policed. Part of it is that they go to bad schools. I don't think that school choice is the magic elixir, but it would help. Part of the problem is that we don't teach most kids what they need to get a good living. There are kids right now that in 1 year will never take another class in their life. They have no skills, and in their senior year of high school, they will be learning Shakespeare, Twain, Dickens, playing kickball in PE, drawing pictures in art. What if instead, we taught them how to weld, be electricians, plumbers, HVACR techs, car mechanics, etc?

Yes I think they have a worse impression of cops than whites but for obvious reasons. Historically there’s so much evidence that shows injustices towards them.

I'm trying to get at the underlying concept. If people have more negative experiences with blacks, other blacks will end up paying a price. People will be more suspicious of blacks and not want to be around them.

I do agree with your point about trying to look at everyone as one race but that only comes when all races are allowed an equal ground from the beginning and when people stop lumping all black people as one bad group. Which you would never do if there were a few bad white people in a city and then say all white people are bad

We're dealing with percentages. 3% of the population commits an overwhelming % of the murders and robberies. People don't say all whites are bad, but when you see a white guy that looks like a stereotypical biker, you'll probably have different feelings than if he was wearing a 3 piece suit.

Overall though I do want to say your response to the post was one of the few discussion responses that kept it civil and I appreciate that. No complete over the top ridiculous judgements like I’ve seen so much from some
    I try to keep it civil unless I'm attacked.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Then why does a black households with advance degrees have less wealth than a white household with a high school diploma?
    Why does a black men make 75% of what a white man makes at the same job?
    A Harvard study was done that showed black people with similar resumes as a white person was twice as likely to receive a call back from a job if they whitened their resume to not reveal what color they were. Is this another one of those "bad choices" you called it that caused this? Is there bad choice that they participated in black groups in college? That they have to hide this to be accepted?

Are these all just coincidences or maybe just maybe an uphill battle that cant be won without acknowledging discrimination at play?
    Wealth issue is simple- generational wealth (inheritance). Whether it's a car, IRA, life insurance or a house. Whites pass wealth on.

As for the % of earnings compared to whites or your call back figure I can't find those figures anywhere. But I'd question the timeframe of the study...if it's a comprehensive study dating back 30 years maybe it's skewed to the premise you suggest, but if it's a modern study it's going to be market based. Business today hires the best qualified candidate period...and sometimes appearance counts. Not in skin color but in dress, tattoos, weight and speech. Those are factors, and they are fair for consideration for employers.

guitarjosh

Which of these groups would scare the average American more if they saw them walking down their side of the street?

MinnesotaFats

The "average american" is a middle aged rural or suburban man or woman.

You don't see group 'A' anywhere outside the inner city.

Group 'A' is the unfamiliar group

As to "scary" that's a misguided question. The groups have 2 different politics in mind. Group 'A' wants to take group 'B' money to redistribute. Group 'B' wants to ride bikes fast and do recreational drugs among themselves... so what group is the bigger threat to national harmony...it's "A"

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    The "average american" is a middle aged rural or suburban man or woman.

You don't see group 'A' anywhere outside the inner city.

Group 'A' is the unfamiliar group

As to "scary" that's a misguided question. The groups have 2 different politics in mind. Group 'A' wants to take group 'B' money to redistribute. Group 'B' wants to ride bikes fast and do recreational drugs among themselves... so what group is the bigger threat to national harmony...it's "A"
    Group A can't be lawyers in Houston that are going out to rural Texas to represent a client? How many men in suits like that have you seen walking around the inner city?

You're telling me that if you saw 4 middle-aged black men in suits walking down the street you would be more scared than if you saw 10 bikers in a club that boasts is a criminal organization? Do you really think those men in suits are more likely to hurt you than the members of a group that has been convicted of things like murder, human trafficking, racketeering, drug trafficking, arms trafficking, assault, extortion, money laundering, loan sharking, prostitution, contract killing, & trafficking in stolen goods?

MinnesotaFats

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    Group A can't be lawyers in Houston that are going out to rural Texas to represent a client? How many men in suits like that have you seen walking around the inner city?

You're telling me that if you saw 4 middle-aged black men in suits walking down the street you would be more scared than if you saw 10 bikers in a club that boasts is a criminal organization? Do you really think those men in suits are more likely to hurt you than the members of a group that has been convicted of things like murder, human trafficking, racketeering, drug trafficking, arms trafficking, assault, extortion, money laundering, loan sharking, prostitution, contract killing, & trafficking in stolen goods?
    You're not afraid of lawyers?

I sure as hell am...

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    You're not afraid of lawyers?

I sure as hell am...
    I'm not afraid of them physically harming me like I would be 81.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

LETS MAKE IT NICE AND SIMPLE FOR THE BOYS - WE ALL ARE F......ED WITH THIS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION !!

DEMOCRATS - BIDEN

REPUBLICANS - TRUMP

THIS IS A F....EN JOKE - WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US AND OUR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES !! THE F....EN GOV'T MUST BE THINKING WE ALL ARE STUPID !! THEY [ GOV'T IDIOTS ] GIVE US 2 MENTALLY HANDICAPPED or IDIOTS or PIGS TO CHOOSE FROM . ARE WE THAT STUPID THAT WE WILL WAIST OUR TIME AND VOTE ? NOT ME !! IM TIRED OF CLOWNS !!

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

so now Pimike is on board with angry black women.
    You go girl!

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Jerry View Post
    LETS MAKE IT NICE AND SIMPLE FOR THE BOYS - WE ALL ARE F......ED WITH THIS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION !!

DEMOCRATS - BIDEN

REPUBLICANS - TRUMP

THIS IS A F....EN JOKE - WHOLE WORLD IS LAUGHING AT US AND OUR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES !! THE F....EN GOV'T MUST BE THINKING WE ALL ARE STUPID !! THEY [ GOV'T IDIOTS ] GIVE US 2 MENTALLY HANDICAPPED or IDIOTS or PIGS TO CHOOSE FROM . ARE WE THAT STUPID THAT WE WILL WAIST OUR TIME AND VOTE ? NOT ME !! IM TIRED OF CLOWNS !!
    Trump 2020, wake up pal.

First ... 2345