pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

El Cajon Police in California

Now they are pulling vehicles over in the cities to check if they are doing Essential work!

They are taking this seriously.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

My response would be almost exactly the same as if I was pulled over during a non-emergency:

"Did I do something wrong? I would like to go home? Do I have a right to remain silent?" (Only difference is if I felt like being an asshole I would start in their direction coughing).

How are the police responding to the people who ask those questions?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

There’s actually no legal law that says you can’t be out , so there’s not much they can really do if you tell them you’re just enjoying enjoying the scenery.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Let’s close this up from now till Easter!!

I’m game.

I told somebody to simply say your on your way home. You will be fine.

However actually glad there checking on essential activities.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

el cajon ca has 93,500 residents. they have 142 police officers. at least 90,000 people are at home committing no crimes, no auto accidents, no serving summons, no courts open, no school officers needed and probably more that they do. they have nothing to do now. so for entertainment they are pulling cars over. there are trying to justify their existence.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    el cajon ca has 93,500 residents. they have 142 police officers. at least 90,000 people are at home committing no crimes, no auto accidents, no serving summons, no courts open, no school officers needed and probably more that they do. they have nothing to do now. so for entertainment they are pulling cars over. there are trying to justify their existence.
    Day shift maybe.

Yes people are still stealing, they are breaking into cars or stealing cars and stealing stuff from stores.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33122

Coronavirus: LA County Sheriff deems gun stores nonessential businesses, orders closures locally

Following gun sales at some Southern California stores skyrocketing in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said local gun stores will be ordered to close.

Over the past several weeks, people stocked up on weapons and ammunition nationwide as coronavirus concerns heighten.

However, Villanueva said gun stores are not essential and pointed to safety concerns due to the combination of new gun owners and more people at home under the statewide "Safer at Home" order.

It is unclear when gun stores will be ordered to temporarily close their doors.

The owner of Gun Effects and Cloud Nine Fishing in Industry said his sales nearly doubled recently.

"Our staff is not accustomed to this kind of rush," said Lin, who thinks fears concerning the coronavirus are overblown. "I think people need to gather themselves a little bit and take a step back."

Many customers at Lin's store are Asian, and he said some of them are buying guns out of fear of being racially targeted because of the origin of coronavirus.

"Just people discriminating," said Lin. "We forget, we're all people. We're in America, we're not in China."

RELATED: Gun sales surge in Asian communities during coronavirus

Meanwhile, police departments have been forced to pare down their operations, with some agencies only responding to emergency calls.

Additionally, Villanueva said he's adding 1,300 deputies to patrol -- double the current amount.

RELATED: LA County Sheriff cuts jail population to reduce risk of spread, increases patrols around markets

In order to mitigate the risk of the spread of infection throughout the jail system, Villanueva also said the department will be releasing people with less than 30 days left on their sentences. Villanueva said last week that since Feb. 28, inmate levels dropped from 17,076 in custody to 16,459.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Coronavirus: LA County Sheriff deems gun stores nonessential businesses, orders closures locally

[FONT="]Following gun sales at some Southern California stores skyrocketing in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said local gun stores will be ordered to close.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Over the past several weeks, people stocked up on weapons and ammunition nationwide as coronavirus concerns heighten.[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]

[FONT="]However, Villanueva said gun stores are not essential and pointed to safety concerns due to the combination of new gun owners and more people at home under the statewide "Safer at Home" order.[/FONT]

[FONT="]It is unclear when gun stores will be ordered to temporarily close their doors.[/FONT]

[FONT="]The owner of Gun Effects and Cloud Nine Fishing in Industry said his sales nearly doubled recently.[/FONT]

[FONT="]"Our staff is not accustomed to this kind of rush," said Lin, who thinks fears concerning the coronavirus are overblown. "I think people need to gather themselves a little bit and take a step back."[/FONT]

[FONT="]Many customers at Lin's store are Asian, and he said some of them are buying guns out of fear of being racially targeted because of the origin of coronavirus.[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]

[FONT="]"Just people discriminating," said Lin. "We forget, we're all people. We're in America, we're not in China."[/FONT]

[FONT="]RELATED: Gun sales surge in Asian communities during coronavirus[/FONT]

[FONT="]Meanwhile, police departments have been forced to pare down their operations, with some agencies only responding to emergency calls.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Additionally, Villanueva said he's adding 1,300 deputies to patrol -- double the current amount.[/FONT]

[FONT="]RELATED: LA County Sheriff cuts jail population to reduce risk of spread, increases patrols around markets[/FONT]
    [FONT="][/FONT]

[FONT="]In order to mitigate the risk of the spread of infection throughout the jail system, Villanueva also said the department will be releasing people with less than 30 days left on their sentences. Villanueva said last week that since Feb. 28, inmate levels dropped from 17,076 in custody to 16,459.[/FONT]

Liberals

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Liberals
    hey mike

keep fighting the good fight
    Points Awarded:

pimike gave RudyRuetigger 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

To be honest.

El Cajon has a long time republican Mayor.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    hey mike

keep fighting the good fight
    Thanks Rudy.

Just calling things as I see it.
    Points Awarded:

RudyRuetigger gave pimike 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger gave pimike 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger gave pimike 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger gave pimike 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Thanks Rudy.

Just calling things as I see it.
    noone agrees on everything

otherwise, you are talking to yourself

i appreciate disagreements from everyone just as much as agreements

i use worse language for disagreeing posters but fukk, they did disagree so i am allowed to

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Highway patrol pulls over a marked security vehicle to say he couldn’t be out.

Saying security is not essential.

WTF

That’s wrong.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Reminds me when Van Nuys Blvd was big in the early 80's. I lived there in the summer of 1980 and they closed down parts of Van Nuys Blvd to cruising. Cop pulled me over when I drove around a barricade. I told him the Constitution guarantees me the right to peaceable assembly. He simply mumbled "smart ass" and got back in his cruiser.

Things were different back then.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Reminds me when Van Nuys Blvd was big in the early 80's. I lived there in the summer of 1980 and they closed down parts of Van Nuys Blvd to cruising. Cop pulled me over when I drove around a barricade. I told him the Constitution guarantees me the right to peaceable assembly. He simply mumbled "smart ass" and got back in his cruiser.

Things were different back then.

Lol

Yea Times have changed.

Can’t wait to see things get back to normal.

You can’t get anybody sick in your car. If anybody gets sick it’s the officer pulling over a security vehicle making contact.

Should had told my guard tell the cop he is violating the 6 foot rule.

JonnySavage
    JonnySavage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Haven't seen this in El Cajon, yet. Lots of people out on 2nd Street mid-day. Cops could just post up at the Wal-Mart and stop thieves stealing without concern there. I've seen more cops out this week but there's really no need to pull over cars as you can randomly pick a pedestrian who is doing something wrong.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20493

Checkpoint Charley.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Lol

Yea Times have changed.

Can’t wait to see things get back to normal.

You can’t get anybody sick in your car. If anybody gets sick it’s the officer pulling over a security vehicle making contact.

Should had told my guard tell the cop he is violating the 6 foot rule.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

In El Cajon they are using it as probable cause to pull people over to catch actual illegal activity. I used to work at the Pizza Hut in El Cajon. Scary city

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Now they are pulling vehicles over in the cities to check if they are doing Essential work!

This is illegal and being reported. It's not Marshall law. It's a "lockdown" but they can only break gatherings, events, etc.

Pigs are gonna pig. Read the statement. It's highly discouraged but not yet enforceable by law enforcement.

Some pig the other day tried flexing on me and following me from the river in New Jersey for like 15 miles on my ass, but he didn't pull me over because he knew, and I would have absolutely got berzerk

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    This is illegal and being reported. It's not Marshall law. It's a "lockdown" but they can only break gatherings, events, etc.

Pigs are gonna pig. Read the statement. It's highly discouraged but not yet enforceable by law enforcement.

Some pig the other day tried flexing on me and following me from the river in New Jersey for like 15 miles on my ass, but he didn't pull me over because he knew, and I would have absolutely got berzerk
    Agree. You need PC to make a tragic stop. Not assumptions.

I’m pro police.

But a little heavy handed here.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    Checkpoint Charley.

VeggieDog, I cleaned up the image a little bit.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

just wait until this boy revs it up on mainstreet of his hometown......

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    just wait until this boy revs it up on mainstreet of his hometown......

Lol

Love it

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post

stop being an idiot