Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    looks like the repubs caved
    let me guess they put someone else in charge of the 500 billion

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Unlimited buybacks has nothing to with staying open. As you can see the buybacks didn’t help them stay afloat earlier. Also why not attack everything right now? Are people that desperate for 1200 bucks as hush money so that it’s an open ticket to pass anything without the proper vetting.
    Also Rudy I believe eliminating 10-30k in student debt actually would be something that would help boost the economy out of this. So again don’t generalize make sure you get the complete info
    And I’m on the side that both parties are very greedy and the fact that depending on which news channel you watch you get spin from both sides. Remember if this was a Democrat run Senate we would see and have seen the same actions no matter the time period. People turn a blind eye to whatever fits their story they like. Corruption and greed is in both parties, maybe if people can see that then this type of behavior wouldn’t happen down the road
    sorry:

1. trump even said he doesnt want buybacks. that should be the way it is. I AGREE

2. when someone goes to college, they know the commitment and money. i paid for my 4 year degree. I didnt stay in college because I didnt want the extra debt. When you sign up for college, thats what you agree to. I dont think tuition prices are fair but maybe ask your professors why they get paid so much instead. THANKS

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    sorry:

1. trump even said he doesnt want buybacks. that should be the way it is. I AGREE

2. when someone goes to college, they know the commitment and money. i paid for my 4 year degree. I didnt stay in college because I didnt want the extra debt. When you sign up for college, thats what you agree to. I dont think tuition prices are fair but maybe ask your professors why they get paid so much instead. THANKS
    i went to georgia

i got an 89.4 in Statistics class. The final was late to start and I left my calculator outside the room while studying. Someone stole my calculator

So i had to use that fukkin weak ass calculator they proved on a computer

That cost me the HOPE scholarship for the next semester.... 89.5 rounds up and im in

whos fault is it? mine

but

fukk them

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

i went to georgia

i got an 89.4 in Statistics class. The final was late to start and I left my calculator outside the room while studying. Someone stole my calculator

That cost me the HOPE scholarship for the next semester.... 89.5 rounds up and im in

fukk them
    2nd time today u have quoted ur own post

RudyRuetigger

i went to georgia

whos fault is it? mine

but

fukk them
    college is a business for professors so get your shit together

buckle up and realize you are paying

end of discussion

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    2nd time today u have quoted ur own post
    so what?

read them

you might learn something

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Runeblade View Post
    great song

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

People across the U.S. are losing their jobs by the thousand every day. Soon, it will be in the 100s of thousands. Who else is disgusted with congress right now on how they have handled this. It doesn't matter if your right or left, If these idiots don't do something soon, the backbone of this country will be broken.
    The unemployed looking for government handouts have never been the backbone of our country -- and never will be. Amazon is looking to hire 100,000. Wal-Mart and lots of grocery stores are hiring people on the spot. There are always jobs available for people willing to work. There will always be economic problems for people too lazy to work. The coronovirus has not changed that at all.

TommieGunshot

i went to georgia

whos fault is it? mine

but

fukk them
    You didn't meet the standards that the college set, so you quit and blame everyone except for yourself. That is definitely the American way, now more than ever.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    You didn't meet the standards that the college set, so you quit and blame everyone except for yourself. That is definitely the American way, now more than ever.
    no, i accepted it

i went on to regain HOPE and i graduated

I also paid all debt owed
    MAYBE YOU SHOULD REALIZE THE 30K DEBT RELIEF BY DEMOCRATS IS DUMB NOW??????????

now they build huge buildings and want me to contribute to their fund

just dumbasses

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

The unemployed looking for government handouts have never been the backbone of our country -- and never will be. Amazon is looking to hire 100,000. Wal-Mart and lots of grocery stores are hiring people on the spot. There are always jobs available for people willing to work. There will always be economic problems for people too lazy to work. The coronovirus has not changed that at all.
    Well said. Bailouts for poor bums and bailouts for irresponsible corporate bums. The rest of us are screwed.

The American Way!

TommieGunshot

no, i accepted it

just dumbasses
    Awesome job. I will change my view of how you handled it. As strongly as most of us are against loan forgiveness, remember it was Republican president Bush who gave us the first round of loan forgiveness, while Republican president Trump is looking to give us another round of it. It was actually Democrat president Obama who tied the strictest measures to his loan forgiveness program, which still required repayments, but were simply based on income (ie Pay as You Earn).

deadphish
    deadphish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25693

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin Station View Post
    Sickening to see what Pelosi and the Dems have stuffed into the Chinese Virus Bill. Obamaphones, Arts, Union Boosting, Diversity Provisions, etc.

When the Chinese Virus is all said and done, hopefully voters remember this behavior by Congress, and get rid of them all.
    but you are not sickened by Mitch & the Rs? if so, that some hypocritical BS!

are you are a Terps fan or Deadhead?

Hold away despair
    more than this I will not ask
    Faced with mysteries dark and vast
    statements just seem vain at last

-Terrapin Station

Runeblade
    Runeblade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

100,000 jobs available at Amazon is great but even they wont be able to handle it when literally millions go out of work. The amount of job loss will be to great for these companies to pick up and carry. Those significant job losses might not affect Amazon and Walmart now but Soon less money being spent will mean less and less shopping at walmart and amazon resulting in those companies losing out and woops!!...sorry we gotta layoff thousands as well. This will have a ripple effect that no company no matter how big will be able to escape.
    Last edited by Runeblade; 03-24-20 at 03:14 PM.

TommieGunshot

100,000 jobs available at Amazon is great but even they wont be able to handle it when literally millions go out of work. The amount of job loss will be to great for these companies to pick up and carry. Those significant job losses might not affect Amazon and Walmart now but Soon less money being spent will mean less and less shopping at walmart and amazon resulting in those companies losing out and woops!!...sorry we gotta layoff thousands as well. This will have a ripple effect that no company no matter how big will be able to escape.
    Pizza Hut is currently looking to hire 30,000: https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/piz...ons-nationwide

Right now, on March 24, there are far more jobs available than people looking for work. Yet people are instead looking for the government to give them money because they don't want to work. That is always a clear path to economic failure. But given how hard all the liberals are pushing for this welfare, I'm pretty sure that's where we're going.

Runeblade

Pizza Hut is currently looking to hire 30,000: https://www.qsrmagazine.com/news/piz...ons-nationwide

Right now, on March 24, there are far more jobs available than people looking for work. Yet people are instead looking for the government to give them money because they don't want to work. That is always a clear path to economic failure. But given how hard all the liberals are pushing for this welfare, I'm pretty sure that's where we're going.
    Don't get me wrong, your point is well taken and your correct. Unemployment should only be given to those actively looking for work not handouts for lazy Americans but having said that, the small and medium sized businesses in this country make up almost 50% of the economy. If that goes under because these morons in congress cant get along, the economic impact i'm afraid in my opinion, will have a far greater effect than people realize. I look at it like a rubber band right now. It's stretched to its limit. It can either break (Millions lose jobs very very bad) or it will snap back( an economic surge of the likes in which we have never seen) As soon as investors get even a tiny hint that we are starting to beat this back, A shit ton on money is going to be put back into the markets. Until then the little guys have to be held up with something.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

The clause that pisses me off is the one that gives $35M to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; f*ck the arts.

Runeblade

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    The clause that pisses me off is the one that gives $35M to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; f*ck the arts.
    Yeah that kinda shit is just.......idk....wtf....lol

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

sorry:

You do realized that that college prices have gone up more then any other cost over the last ten years right?
    As for having a choice to not have a degree, there isn’t a choice unless you want to have very limited employment options.
    What I do hope people realize is that people are now still paying their college loans off as senior citizens and that’s before college prices skyrocketed. The average age of a homebuyer has gone up, extra available income that can be put back into the economy will disappear as each year passes because college graduates won’t have available income to spend 10 years after they graduate.
    The college debt crisis is the new mortgage crisis. It’s greedy on the side of colleges acting like big businesses, offering services that are non representative of the cost. It’s ok to ignore it now but you’ll see a lot of problems that won’t be fixed when it hits its peak and then it will be too late
    There’s a reason that student loan interest and payments were postponed right off during this crisis.
    3 million homes were foreclosed on in 2008 and look what that did. Now take a percentage of the 44.7 million people who carry student loan debt and wonder how that will affect the economy if they can’t afford their student loans or if they can they have nothing left to stimulate the economic growth afterwards.
    The real issue is allowing colleges to charge the prices they do but many of the older generation had 20k or less in debt and paid a reasonable 300-500 a month in costs so they don’t see it Imagine being a college grad and paying 1k a month or more. Even at a starting wage of 60k that’s about 30 percent of your income.
    And if you go with the income repayment plans you basically pay just interest and then add 15+ years to the loan. Welcome to trying to pay for your loans while you are closing in on retiring.

goduke

no, i accepted it

just dumbasses
    That 30k would go directly to students. The colleges have already been paid. They got paid after the student enrolled.

goduke

Awesome job. I will change my view of how you handled it. As strongly as most of us are against loan forgiveness, remember it was Republican president Bush who gave us the first round of loan forgiveness, while Republican president Trump is looking to give us another round of it. It was actually Democrat president Obama who tied the strictest measures to his loan forgiveness program, which still required repayments, but were simply based on income (ie Pay as You Earn).
    Almost 99 percent of the public loan forgives program is rejected when applied for. It’s a program that actually doesn’t work.
    As for the other loan forgivessness, being that it requires 25 years of payments, no one has gotten to that point yet since it’s implementation. But I’m guessing based on the fact that the public loan forgiveness rate is almost 99 percent rejection I’m betting this one will end the same way. They are garbage programs to deflect away the real issue and make people think their are solutions until the time comes. Basically like social security. Just ignore it until it’s an issue

goduke

What kind of life can you have working at Pizza Hut? Lmao come on now

TommieGunshot

What kind of life can you have working at Pizza Hut? Lmao come on now
    A life of employment, while everyone else here is desperate for a life living off government handouts

goduke

A life of employment, while everyone else here is desperate for a life living off government handouts
    Pretty sure if a person works at Pizza Hut they will still need government handouts.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Biden/Pelosi 2020!!!

TommieGunshot

Pretty sure if a person works at Pizza Hut they will still need government handouts.
    It's looking like Trump and the rest of the government liberals are going to get their way and we will all be getting our welfare handouts very soon. The liberals here at SBR are very glad.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Biden/Pelosi 2020!!!
    buy a vowel you fukkin ignorant clown

Runeblade

Who wants to take their $1500 hand out and join me at a 9 seat sit N go!!!!?????

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

buy a vowel you fukkin ignorant clown

Rudy do you know what the odds are of being on that show?

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Brock Landers LOLOLOL
    Go drive your cab loser.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

does the bill cover reimbursement for gambling losses?

asking for my loan officer

goduke

It's looking like Trump and the rest of the government liberals are going to get their way and we will all be getting our welfare handouts very soon. The liberals here at SBR are very glad.
    I dont think the checks are a good idea. They are basically hush money while more corporations get bailouts for not being able to run their businesses sufficiently
    Not sure why you say liberals though. The check proposal was in the original republican written bill. That hasn’t changed. People need to stop worrying about one party or another and focus on the underlying issues.

First 123 Last