captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10764

Just Came From Acme

Got up at 6 AM to beat any rush. Got there at 7 AM and all the old people like myself were there for the 7-9 AM thing. I had to pretend i was at a ride at Disney to tolerate the line. Only saw 1 masked person though. She got mad when i licked her .

They were out of most paper goods but i managed 2-4 packs of TP and 2 tissue boxes. Most meats were out . For some weird reason whipped cream was out too had to get the thicker one . Most puddings and yogurts out. Lucky i got mostly everything i wanted though. Lots of granola bars and soups. Deli too was good got ham and cheese. No bread was lucky to get a bag of rolls.Still good selection of cakes and yummies in the front got Cinnamon rolls and Apple Pastries. Of course not many fresh meats left. Did get 2 ham steaks. Fry that up with some oriental vegetables and that is a meal. I like Midgets they are funny but are people too. Soda looked fully stocked as did snacks . Spent over $200 hopefully this lasts awhile. I Love you.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Just an fyi for you or anyone else -

Amazon Fresh is doing well restocking most items with the exception of TP. Frozen chicken breast, beef, etc. are available. Personally I like the Healthy Choice products and they are doing well keeping those in stock.

It's not the crazy fees you get with the premade food services - heck you don't even have to tip if you don't want to (in fact if you want to you can put in a nice tip pre-order to ensure the delivery person does a good job, then reduce or eliminate it, lol), and no delivery fee if you spend $35.
    So far the little mom and pop stores seem to be the best option for paper goods, if you look around a little.
    What's amazing is same day delivery is open right now. For a bit there there were no delivery windows open, then a few days out, and now this.

Pretty good option for anyone in need.

I'm very thankful they exist. Stores near me like what you described, or worse.
    Last edited by stevek173; 03-24-20 at 09:12 AM.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post

Amazon Fresh is doing well restocking most items with the exception of TP. Frozen chicken breast, beef, etc. are available. Personally I like the Healthy Choice products and they are doing well keeping those in stock.

It's not the crazy fees you get with the premade food services - heck you don't even have to tip if you don't want to (in fact if you want to you can put in a nice tip pre-order to ensure the delivery person does a good job, then reduce or eliminate it, lol), and no delivery fee if you spend $35.
    So far the little mom and pop stores seem to be the best option for paper goods, if you look around a little.
    What's amazing is same day delivery is open right now. For a bit there there were no delivery windows open, then a few days out, and now this.

We ordered a couple times but my wife wanted specific things so i went myself . But that is good to know. I remember seeing those Healthy Choice there. I like the Hungry Mans Fried Chicken. I try and get one of those once in awhile. They were all out though. I did get a Boston Market Meatloaf.

stevek173

Yeah the Whole Foods through Amazon is good too depending on what you want, same concept. I had a few things I liked from there, prefer to go to that store in person though. They had Ben and Jerry's pints under three bucks for a bit which was nice.

Good call on the Hungry Mans, ty. I forgot all about those, will be investing. They're out of the fried chicken for now, I'll have them email me when they're back in.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Luckily, I am one of the few people I know who likes liver and onions, as liver is about the only meat I can find at my usual grocery store on a regular basis.

captrobey

Yeah the Whole Foods through Amazon is good too depending on what you want, same concept. I had a few things I liked from there, prefer to go to that store in person though. They had Ben and Jerry's pints under three bucks for a bit which was nice.

Good call on the Hungry Mans, ty. I forgot all about those, will be investing. They're out of the fried chicken for now, I'll have them email me when they're back in.
    Yea they always had those but i could not find it. Comes with the little brownie i would take that out separately and nuke it after i eat. Add a little Vanilla Ice Cream and whipped cream. I eat that my wife likes the Jenny Craig i think it is mini pizzas. She adds cheese and more pepperoni to it.Best deal was buy 2 granola boxes get 3 free. Got some monopoly pieces and a couple more free items .

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Luckily, I am one of the few people I know who likes liver and onions, as liver is about the only meat I can find at my usual grocery store on a regular basis.
    Lol i can see that where there is plenty of that left. Honestly at least for now if you wanted to put together a couple weeks of meals in one way or another there was plenty to do that. They were blown out of Hormells meats in the frozen section but i got lucky and they had the Roast Beef maybe 4 of those left so i grabbed 2 of those. Good for sandwiches or with rice. A couple Bob Evans potatoes there not many. Maybe 20% of stock on those things. A few Beef Tips too. Those are pretty good with stuff or just a sandwich too. Would get a long roll from Acme bakery and make a sandwich with that too. Add provolone for that one. Also Bubba Burgers are pretty good too.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

my store was pretty well stocked today except for tp and tissues and napkins

surprised they had meat all full

even meat stores by me well stocked

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    my store was pretty well stocked today except for tp and tissues and napkins

surprised they had meat all full

even meat stores by me well stocked
    Shocked too fresh meats seem to be out a lot of places

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Yeah all the stores where I am at meat shelves near empty. I don't get it. Are people just staying home and cooking hamburgers all day? What's wrong with other foods?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Yeah all the stores where I am at meat shelves near empty. I don't get it. Are people just staying home and cooking hamburgers all day? What's wrong with other foods?
    I guess because they are fresher cuts they want those more. But there are other ways to get decent meals. We have Rye bread i have butter and i brought ham and cheese. So Grilled cheese and Ham with a bag of chips. We have Ham steak. Fry that up add in the asian veggie stir fry and that is a meal with a roll. I normally get the green giant frozen potatoes but those were out to add in it. But still even without it is a meal. We have Perogies fry that up with the sausage and that is a meal. Brought meatballs in the frozen section where pasta is. Put those in a roll with cheese and a bag of chips another meal. Acme had plenty of soup so soup night for another meal they have really good soups too. Got the last couple Hormells roast beef pieces with gravy put in roll add chips and provolone another meal.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

tip adjusting with this or instacart is about as classless as it gets

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    Lol. Very true.

stevek173

Lol I do agree and I haven't done so, but it shows that they're about the customer - so I appreciate the gesture of having the option.

themike78

Lol I do agree and I haven't done so, but it shows that they're about the customer - so I appreciate the gesture of having the option.
    You do it everytime or you wouldn't have mentioned it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

stevek173

You do it everytime or you wouldn't have mentioned it.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

Lol. Very true.
    I would never do that to someone . Especially with all they are risking just bringing us food. I normally tip good anyway every time. Can you imagine someone thinking they are getting $20 then afterwards they only get $5 .

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Only saw 1 masked person though. She got mad when i licked her .
    Wtf man?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Wtf man?
    I know right WTF i thought the same thing. How can she get that mad. It was not like i urinated on her.