ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Yes, I would feel differently.

But I don’t think it would be that hard to:

A) not obliterate our economy

B) not have 2-3 million people die

These two things could be accomplished by mandating that those over 65 years old stay at home, everyone practice social distancing as much as possible but keep the workforce open and not have a 30% unemployment rate (which is where we are heading and is larger than the unemployment rate in the Great Depression).
    Chinese bat plague deaths are relatively easy to track. Deaths due to economic depression are much more difficult to track, but still very real.
    No matter what the crisis is the answer should never be to destroy the economy. If you'd like some examples of what happens when countries destroy their economies you don't need to look very hard. Venezuela is an obvious one.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    Yes, I would feel differently.

But I don’t think it would be that hard to:

A) not obliterate our economy

B) not have 2-3 million people die

These two things could be accomplished by mandating that those over 65 years old stay at home, everyone practice social distancing as much as possible but keep the workforce open and not have a 30% unemployment rate (which is where we are heading and is larger than the unemployment rate in the Great Depression).
    Yes, it would definitely be nice if there was a way to keep everything operating and still avoid spreading the virus. I don't think that would be possible, though. If you were out all day, surrounded by thousands of people, trying to do your job, you wouldn't be able to avoid it.

cyclingbettor
    cyclingbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7872

The severity of the virus is certainly one of the concerns.

But, I think the biggest issue is the way that it's managing to spread everywhere. I mean, when some guy in Wuhan gets the regular flu, it doesn't spread to 300,000 people across the globe, right? That's because the regular flu has existed in humans for years, so we have a huge amount of immunity to it built up. And there's vaccines. So, when the regular flu tries to spread, it doesn't have a lot of success, and it dies out pretty quickly.

For this thing, no one has ever had it before. So no one in the population has any immunity to it whatsoever. And there aren't any vaccines. So every person it comes in contact with is a prime candidate for infection, which is why it's basically spreading to everyone. And I think that's what's causing so much concern.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

true

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingbettor View Post
    The severity of the virus is certainly one of the concerns.

But, I think the biggest issue is the way that it's managing to spread everywhere. I mean, when some guy in Wuhan gets the regular flu, it doesn't spread to 300,000 people across the globe, right? That's because the regular flu has existed in humans for years, so we have a huge amount of immunity to it built up. And there's vaccines. So, when the regular flu tries to spread, it doesn't have a lot of success, and it dies out pretty quickly.

For this thing, no one has ever had it before. So no one in the population has any immunity to it whatsoever. And there aren't any vaccines. So every person it comes in contact with is a prime candidate for infection, which is why it's basically spreading to everyone. And I think that's what's causing so much concern.
    Finally someone with a brain........

Oh,it took awhile, but it finally showed up......

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

USA will be number one in terms of infections by end of Friday.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

The thread is in the saloon lol

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The thread is in the saloon lol
    This is what happens LB when people are scared of the truth.........

Too many reported it so they moved it....

Cognitive dissonance rationalization and denial is the correct psychological
    term for it.....

I have a shit load of threads on this pandemic as some stay some go.......
    The harsher the truth the quicker they get salooned...........

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

It has happened

First ... 5678