JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Camping in the wild, do fireworks scare off wild animals?

I often think bring a 12 pack of M-80's or M100's camping with you as that would send Moose, Grizz Bears, Big foot, Lions, elephants, Gators you name it running..

Thoughts?

I hear stories of pepper stray and small caliber hand guns not working at times.

If you are snoozing in a tent solo in the wilderness and hear growls and unearthly large animal sounds I say just fire off an M80 or M100 and call it a night...

Even firecrackers work.. Watch this little black bear bolt!!!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

its a great idea to set fireworks off in the woods in California

I can't think of anything that could go wrong with that
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave Chi_archie 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Well that’s not nice 😞

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    its a great idea to set fireworks off in the woods in California

I can't think of anything that could go wrong with that
    Lol.. Well I'm talking in a clear camping area CHI with no dry leaves in the detonation zone.... ..

I've been camping deep in the woods and heard shiiit creeping around the tent.. Always a little un-nerving.. Just saying.. Light off an M-80 and throw it in the dying camp fire.. Send the wild beast running I say!!!!

I'm telling you I'm onto something here.. Big booms send EVERY wild animal running..

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Archie is on to something here. Fires in California--that's never been a problem before.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lol.. Well I'm talking in a clear camping area CHI with no dry leaves in the detonation zone.... ..

I've been camping deep in the woods and heard shiiit creeping around the tent.. Always a little un-nerving.. Just saying.. Light off an M-80 and throw it in the dying camp fire.. Send the wild beast running I say!!!!

I'm telling you I'm onto something here.. Big booms send EVERY wild animal running..

hmmmm

can you think of any other device that might also make a loud noise, but not potentially destroy millions of acres of land and kill firefighters. Maybe as an added bonus, this device could send small dense pieces of lead towards any crazed animals that were headed your way to attack you.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29814

Jibbby, are you sure you're not "camping" on the streets in L.A.?
    Are there really wild animals or just other "campers" around you?
    Arm yourself, buddy.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

JIBBY when you’re camping in the wild, you’re in animal territory, NOT YOURS. Have a little respect. Game Warden will run you da fukk out if you’re heaving M80’s around.
    Black Bears will be sniffing around your tent so DO NOT keep food in the tent. Hang your food from a high weak tree limb where they cannot get to it. For Kriest sakes, use your head. City Slickers. GeezUs.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Jibby who are you kidding, you’ve posted on sbr for over 3000 straight days you ain’t camping in the wild.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

hmmmm

can you think of any other device that might also make a loud noise, but not potentially destroy millions of acres of land and kill firefighters. Maybe as an added bonus, this device could send small dense pieces of lead towards any crazed animals that were headed your way to attack you.
    It's all about shock wave sounds.. M80, M100 and M1000 deliver it all fellas.. Gun shots might work but I trust in BIG BOOMS more!!!

I don't like wild animals messing with my sleep in a tent.. This shiiit works damn it!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

hmmmm

Lmfao. Jfc, that all I could think reading his post is why doesn’t this Mfer have a gun! I know he not 12!! Fukkin fireworks, even funnier in Cali where they should not be allowed anywhere!! Lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Jibby

where do you like to go camping? near Los Angeles?

What you need is a Desert Eagle with 50 Caliber bullets.

A big bear will require a lot of stopping power.

also get yourself a waterproof flashlight, bear mace, and a large knife.

a firework is not a bad idea but like Chi Archie said be careful not to set a wildfire

honestly though if you get attacked by a fierce Bear those fireworks wouldn’t do you much good.

Most guns wouldn’t even slow a Bear down as he or she rips apart your flesh. So Keep that Desert Eagle in your bookbag.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Smokey's friends don't play with M-80's in the woods

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Jibby

where do you like to go camping? near Los Angeles?

What you need is a Desert Eagle with 50 Caliber bullets.

A big bear will require a lot of stopping power.

also get yourself a waterproof flashlight, bear mace, and a large knife.

a firework is not a bad idea but like Chi Archie said be careful not to set a wildfire

honestly though if you get attacked by a fierce Bear those fireworks wouldn’t do you much good.

Most guns wouldn’t even slow a Bear down as he or she rips apart your flesh. So Keep that Desert Eagle in your bookbag.
    Camping SUCKS in Cali now as the fire laws are to strict.. Can't start camp fires anymore without getting ticketed even deep in the brush at National Parks these days, it wasn't always like that.

2daBank

Can’t help but wonder how many them fires jibbers responsible for?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I thought only homeless people camp in the woods. If you have a home why the hell would you want to sleep in the woods? I never understood it. What's the enjoyment of that? Sounds like punishment.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Camping SUCKS in Cali now as the fire laws are to strict.. Can't start camp fires anymore without getting ticketed even deep in the brush at National Parks these days, it wasn't always like that.
    Come up to the northern forest.... probably 2-3 months they have strict fire restrictions( no campfires outside of designated campgrounds)Most of the time it's weather/fuel conditions that they go on lockdown.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

bring this fukkin' dog along, and he'll shoot any bears with roman candles for ya:

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Jibby has morphed into Big Bear.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Can’t help but wonder how many them fires jibbers responsible for?
    Lol.. I'm a responsible camper, never started a fire in my life that got out of control.. Had some good blazes going in the back woods though back in the day but always cleared the grounds before ignition..

Bankers you got me all wrong bud.. I've camped in some awesome places in the middle in no where.. Streams flowing, stars in the sky, big camp fires, total isolated areas... I LOVED that back in the day, miss it today!!! Haven't been in a while.. ..

Like being one with nature.. City life and concrete jungle blows after a while.. Gotta get out of Dodge and camp to get away from it all.. Good for the soul and sanity I say ..

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    I thought only homeless people camp in the woods. If you have a home why the hell would you want to sleep in the woods? I never understood it. What's the enjoyment of that? Sounds like punishment.
    its so peaceful man

you gotta get away from people and get out in the wilderness

you wouldn’t believe how good it feels

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Part of the job...

2daBank

Lol.. I'm a responsible camper, never started a fire in my life that got out of control.. Had some good blazes going in the back woods though back in the day but always cleared the grounds before ignition..

Bankers you got me all wrong bud.. I've camped in some awesome places in the middle in no where.. Streams flowing, stars in the sky, big camp fires, total isolated areas... I LOVED that back in the day, miss it today!!! Haven't been in a while.. ..

Like being one with nature.. City life and concrete jungle blows after a while.. Gotta get out of Dodge and camp to get away from it all.. Good for the soul and sanity I say ..
    Calm down buddy, just a joke. I’m
    Pretty big on float trips, going to lakes and all that jazz myself. Not much beats it!!

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    its so peaceful man

you gotta get away from people and get out in the wilderness

you wouldn’t believe how good it feels
    I've been there. It was a bunch of mosquitos and weird animals. I'd rather be around weird people than worrying if I'm going to get eaten by a fukin bear while Im sleeping. And I don't mean you big bear. I mean real bears that eat people. Fuk that.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Hopefully a bear mauls jibby next time she camps.

She used to throw rocks off overpasses at cars and now wants to throw fireworks at animals in the woods? What a piece of shit.