rdalert447
    rdalert447's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Electric Smokers

Anyone use one? What’s the positives and negatives? Can use a recommendation for a beginner. Thanks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Pussy sticks, lol..

years ago a friend of mine started a shop so I switched from being a lifelong smoker over to vaping 24milli, I swear after a year or so my lungs hurt when I was at the gym or playing hoops in a way they never did when I smoked. I have a real hard time believing they any better for ya anyways cause nobody really knows. Far as my lungs were concerned they were worse.

On the plus side you can do it lot of places you can’t smoke. At 1st you could do them everywhere but that quickly stopped. I had a great plug so it was incredibly cheap for me but even paying retail once you have the equipment it far cheaper than smoking a pack or 2 a day!

I do like smoking the weed oil tho!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My buddy used an e-cig/vapor thingy for 10 years(pretty heavily) and got a cancer spot on his lung which led to a tumor on his brain which had to be removed. This happened almost 2 years ago and he still hasn't fully recovered, and most likely never will.

The best thing to do is use it quit smoking and then quit using it as soon as possible.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

I see the new commercials with nicotine and kids using it. Vapor electronic.

Messes up young minds and moods so they say.. Don't do it!!!! I don't like nicotine never smoked or chewed it and don't know it personally.. I know all that shiiit causes cancer though.. I don't have a slow dying early and painful death wish.. No thanks!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My buddy used an e-cig/vapor thingy for 10 years(pretty heavily) and got a cancer spot on his lung which led to a tumor on his brain which had to be removed. This happened almost 2 years ago and he still hasn't fully recovered, and most likely never will.

The best thing to do is use it quit smoking and then quit using it as soon as possible.
    I believe it. I swear my lungs never hurt when exercising from smoking. Year of that thing and they did!! If anything I was taking in way more nicotine on it as well so doubt it a good way to get off smoking then quitting that.

If you trying to quit smoking I’d suggest cold turkey, I’ve also found cigars a good way to quit cause you can chew on those and only light few times a day but still get the habit part taken care of (not the addiction part, that why you light it up and take some puffs every now and again), eventually I get sick of cigars and stop., those the 2 ways I’ve quit for more than a year. The ecig year made me feel worse than cigs!

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33122

I thought he was talking about this

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post

I think he is lol

rdalert447

I was, Mr Leisure. Sorry I wasn't more clear, men. Meant electric smoker for ribs, brisket, etc.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

LOL.. I'm a Godly man and it's Sunday and shouldn't be posting this crap but it's funny.. I like to laugh..

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The new technology, IQOS, is much healthier than normal cigarettes, it releases 80-85% fewer dangerous chemicals and has 30% less nicotine. The technology heats tobacc but it doesn't burn it, and most of the worst chemicals in cigarettes are barely in the new devices, the only reason heet sticks weren't approved by the FDA before is because of how corrupt the feds are, the technology is already big in Asia, Europe, other places.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post

Oh shit. You nailed it. I had no idea there was such a thing! lol. What happened to good ol fashion charcoal?!?!? It makes meat taste great!!

SBR Tony
    SBR Tony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2969

juul e-cigarette seems to be the hot seller out there but I have a bad feeling about it.

had a friend use it but he gave it up for a sol ? or sole ?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Just go out to eat Pal why waste all that time Cookin

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Wtf is wrong w you? Some ppl enjoy smoking meat in the traditional sense not what you call that!!! You ever smoke a brisket?? Fukkin amazing!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Better at a restaurant

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

It’s a hobby just like anything else, some people do it competitively on the BBQ contest circuit moron

2daBank

Better at a restaurant
    I don’t have the patients to smoke meat, I bbq. My brother into smoking and there only one joint in our area that can touch his brisket. Far as other grilled stuff I’ll take the Pepsi challenge w anyplace you been. Im a pretty good cook tho. It like a hobby.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Green mountain grills.... easy

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I recently got a starter electric smoker, keeping temperature is very easy due to being able to just set it. I know with a normal smoker keeping temp can be tough especially as a beginner like you and I

scot4
    scot4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2928

2dabank there is some good brisket around. ur brother should open a place if that good. st louis area loves it.dont know if they are still open but used to love smoki o's bbq. salt and smoke is always good.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

I have a pellet grill/smoker and a Weber charcoal kettle grill. I'm finding I use the Weber a lot more, even for low and slow grilling/smoking. Plus, it's fun.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    I have a pellet grill/smoker and a Weber charcoal kettle grill. I'm finding I use the Weber a lot more, even for low and slow grilling/smoking. Plus, it's fun.
    I guess I can’t really knock the electric till I try it but I just can’t imagine it brings nearly the flavor of a charcoal smoker!! Prob a hell of a lot cheaper tho! Go thru some coal when smoking something for 12 hours!! Lol., I don’t like gas grills either.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by scot4 View Post
    2dabank there is some good brisket around. ur brother should open a place if that good. st louis area loves it.dont know if they are still open but used to love smoki o's bbq. salt and smoke is always good.
    Imo best place in the Lou is bogarts in soulard. Their burnt ends, brisket, and ribs are all off the chain!! Just gotta get there early enough on weekends cause the burnt ends sell out fast then ribs follow pretty closely, once that happens they done for the day!! Pretty sure I’ve been to just about every place and they tops.

Not sure if anywhere else beats my brothers, he would never open a place, just a hobby, he ain’t like me he a fine upstanding law abiding citizen who went to college and has a really good job I’m sure he not giving up to deal w the headache and chances of opening a restaurant/bbq joint. . I think he has done a few competitions couple places over the years but don’t really recall how well he did or anything, it been years since he has.,

Ive had ppl over the years say I should open a place, not bbq just food in general, shit scares me and again not entirely sure it sounds like a great idea. I enjoy cooking but doing it for a few guest every once in awhile and just few nights a week when I feel like it completely different than actually cooking at a restaurant for mobs of ppl every night! Pretty sure that would zap all the enjoyment out of it for me, not even sure I could hack it on that level? Way easier cooking at home taking my time for a few ppl! I think it be cool to try that cooking game show chopped!

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL at some people talking about vape pens here

Anyway, bad idea to vape as well... https://no-smoke.org/big-tobacco-and...oC_hKbAEqyNrAo

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HurryUpAndDrink View Post
    LOL at some people talking about vape pens here

Anyway, bad idea to vape as well... https://no-smoke.org/big-tobacco-and...oC_hKbAEqyNrAo
    I didn’t even know they made electric smokers bud, I pretty much started the Vape convo, seemed reasonable to me that what he was askin about! lol. Like now that I know there are electric meat smokers I’m still curious what kinda questions would needed answering w them? Lol

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Stop cold turkey after 45 years of smoking ! Cold turkey is only way to stop smoking !

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Dude make a new thread cause this shit is so hijacked it’s a mess

“E cigs” would have meant electric “smokers” in the cig arena

Jesus Christ SBR is so fukkin stupid or can’t read

rdalert447

Lol. Thanks for the info, guys. Some of the main questions I had:

(1) Are they easy to clean?
    (2) Do they all get hot to the touch on the outside?
    (3) Do some brands hold temps better than others?
    (4) Is it a set it and forget it type deal, or will I need to constantly monitor it while cooking?

I’ll post more questions later. Thanks.
    Last edited by rdalert447; 06-17-19 at 06:43 AM.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    Lol. Thanks for the info, guys. Some of the main questions I had:

(1) Are they easy to clean?
    (2) Do they all get hot to the touch on the outside?
    (3) Do some brands hold temps better than others?
    (4) Is it a set it and forget it type deal, or will I need to constantly monitor it while cooking?

I’ll post more questions later. Thanks.
    I have this one, it’s basically for a starter into the smoking field

https://pitboss-grills.com/electric-smoker-2-series-with-hammertone-finish

1 - Yes
    2 - Relatively yes
    3 - I honestly don’t know
    4 - I spritz it every hour with an apple juice/white vinegar/water mix, other than that once you set the temp you should be fine

I rub and wrap in foil the night before so the rub can get into the meat

rdalert447

Great info, Kudi. Thanks.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Smoking a pork shoulder today, started at 8ish AM

How is it going rd?

aussiebuckeye
    aussiebuckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

My father uses electric smoker, many say it's cheating but penetrate them. It saves time and meat is just as good��

tucks
    tucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4825

Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    Anyone use one? What’s the positives and negatives? Can use a recommendation for a beginner. Thanks.
    Forget the douche flute. If you wanna quit, just do it cold turkey like a man. Forget the patches, nicotine gum, all that sh*t. Kick the nicotine. You’ll feel like sh*t for a week or two, so I suggest start lifting weights to make up for the increased appetite.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I don’t know if we’re taking about meat or nicotine here. But, I use a vape for my nicotine now and something is wrong. I feel like I’m gonna pass out half the time, and my lungs hurt. I woke up the other night, took a puff and had to fall over on my bed. Probably low BP, and lack of oxygen but damn. These things aren’t healthy. I feel like shit hitting on the damn thing all day. Never coughed like I do now. Probably killing off kids 10-20 years from now. I can’t stop though since it pumps me full of so much nicotine that now I’m really fckin addicted to it. Just better to nut up, and stop.