Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

That girl who got hit by the ball in the Cubs game.....

Her last name is Bartman. What are the odds of that??

(She's ok btw)

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Thank God!

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

The Bartman curse lives!

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    The Bartman curse lives!

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

DUMBEST sport in the world still wont put up all screen along the sidelines? fuking morons

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These always scary

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15427

Glad shes ok. Feared the worst when I saw Almora crying

Bluehorseshoe

And it just happened to a guy in the Dodger game. He's bleeding from his forehead.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'll never forget the time I went to the ball game Oakland VS Detroit at Tiger Stadium... I was about 11 years old. Got there early and was watching batting practice.... got 3rd baseline 8 rows back. Great seats.

I'm paying attention to the Left Fielder fielding fly balls etc... and just taking in the entire atmosphere being at the ballpark... smiling away...

All of a sudden... you hear this PING sound.... like a baseball hitting metal. You know how they have metal railings? Imagine the sound of a rocket line shot and a baseball hitting metal. Well.... this guy walking in front of me saved my life.... someone hit an absolute laser foul ball down 3rd base side... hit's this dude square in the temple of his head... made that LOUD PING SOUND. Guy took one for me.... and I don't even know if he lived or not. Guy didn't move at all... and wasn't making any sounds...

I'm all for nets at MLB parks.
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 05-29-19 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Typo

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Some lady died at a dodger game i think last year. It's f ukked up. Glad the girl is ok

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'll never forget the time I went to the ball game Oakland VS Detroit at Tiger Stadium... I was about 11 years old. Got there early and was watching batting practice.... got 3rd baseline 8 rows back. Great seats.

I'm paying attention to the Left Fielder fielding fly balls etc... and just taking in the entire atmosphere being at the ballpark... smiling away...

All of a sudden... you hear this PING sound.... like a baseball hitting metal. You know how they have metal railings? Imagine the sound of a rocket line shot and a baseball hitting metal. Well.... this guy walking in front of me saved my life.... someone hit an absolute laser foul ball down 3rd base side... hit's this dude square in the temple of his head... made that LOUD PING SOUND. Guy took one for me.... and I don't even know if he lived or not. Guy didn't move at all... and wasn't making any sounds...

He dead.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Good to hear she is OK.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17041

Nets up at Oracle here in Sf. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I've see it stop some screamers already.

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

This is why you shouldnt bring little kids or babies to the ballpark.
    If you can afford tickets to the game you can afford a babysitter for a few hours

Esco
    Esco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2725

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Her last name is Bartman. What are the odds of that??
    Did you know the Cubs wound up giving him a WS ring??

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

11 and dont know if he lived, huh

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If I took my two year old to a game I would make sure to be paying attention during pitches.

I would throw my body in front of her.

There should be netting but the parents should also be protecting her. Poor child.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-31-19 at 10:20 PM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If I took my two year old to a game I would make sure to be paying attention during pitches.

I would throw my body in front of her.

Their should be betting but the parents should also be protecting her. Poor child.
    EXACTLY.....

I was at the first day game at enron field, now minute made, and in typical dad fashion, followed my boys and wife to our seats, which were 7-8 rows up down the third base line, about 10-15 yards further past where the dugout ends.... boys went in first, and sat closest to home plate.... I immediately changed seats to put me in the closest seat to home plate, to protect the three of them from any line drives....

one section over that game, girl gets pegged in the next section down.....

as for netting, bullshit, you can't net the whole fukkin' park..... PAY THE FUK ATTENTION......
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Esco

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by byronbb View Post
    And just like Boston with the Buckner error, they had a game 7 to win the series.

Fans crack me up sometimes.

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

Years ago we were at the game and same section that the little girl got hit and killed
    when a deflected puck hit her in the head at the Columbus Blue Jackets game.
    Now they all have nets around the ice.

Bluehorseshoe

I had bad info....

The 2-year-old girl who got hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game last month suffered a skull fracture from the incident — and then a seizure after she was hospitalized — and is now on medication as a result, her family says.

Cubs player breaks down in tears after young girl is struck by line drive
    The youngster’s loved ones publicly disclosed her condition on Tuesday, speaking for the first time through their lawyer.

“The family’s foremost concern is about the health of their child,” said attorney Richard Mithoff in a statement. “But they also wanted me to extend their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern.”

The family has not yet said whether they plan to sue the baseball team, which had extended their “thoughts and prayers” to them in the days following the May 29 incident at Minute Maid Park, where the Astros were playing the Chicago Cubs.

They showed no signs of ill-will toward the club on Wednesday, with Mithoff offering “their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern.”

Doctors wound up treating the girl for bleeding and swelling on the brain — as well as a brain contusion — in addition to her skull fracture. She’s currently at home recovering.