Is it ever going to end?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Yes

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3633

This is the first store workers strike in 30 years. Stop & Shop is owned by Ahold, a Dutch company. They reported earnings of $2.5B last year and voted shareholders $850M in dividends. This is not a company in any financial difficulty. This is a perfect example of Corporate Greed. It's estimated they are losing $10M a day in sales revenue while the strikes continue in the three States of MA, CT, RI. It is affecting 240 grocery stores and 31,000 store employees.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Trumps corporate tax breaks didn’t work

These companies should be spreading some of the savings on to their employees

Salam
    Salam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10044

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Yes
    Doesn't look like it. Today is the 10th day.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i started going to aldi, and except for a few things i wont be going back to stop and shop. we all got a laugh at biden coming into town and joining the protestors. i never heard creepy joe more times in my life. looks like they are in it for the long haul. too bad.

Salam

Deal was reached last night. Only took 11 days.

TheGoldenGoose

Ahold, the Dutch Company, I believe owns several Supermarket Chains here in the USA. Besides Stop & Shop there are Krogers, Food Lion and others. What's funny is that back in Amsterdam they are REQUIRED BY LAW to provide FOUR WEEKS PAID VACATION and, of course, SOCIALIZED HEALTH CARE for all employees.

So, WTF?, just come on over to the USA and Fukk with all the workers over here because Fox News and AM Talk Radio will defend you and you don't have to give the workers ANYTHING CLOSE to that work package here in the USA.

CORPORATE GREED.

What we all just witnessed was a "testing of the waters" by AHOLD. Other Union Contracts will be expiring in other parts of the USA. Remember, this was only MA, CT & RI. Let's hope these greedy Corporate Fukks™ learned their lesson and AHOLD will treat all their employees with respect and dignity and offer a FAIR AND DECENT compensation package so we don't have to be inconvenienced again.

The 11 day strike cost AHOLD an estimated $1.1 BILLION dollars in revenue.

TheGoldenGoose

AHOLD, with all their combined Supermarket Chains, earned about $70 BILLION in revenue in 2018 here in the good ole USA.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i bet not too many of the dutch workers utilize a mobility scooter for obesity like a 30year stop and shop employee i talked with in western mass did. it was embarassing but glad the strike is over. bet they have some killer deals real soon if not now

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Yes
    I was right

TheGoldenGoose

I stopped into my local Stop & Shop at at 9pm my time, about 2 hours ago, just to see what was happening. Very few customers, hardly any at all. No Meats, Deli, or Seafood. Those departments were still lifeless with no product. Obviously those departments spent the entire first day back cleaning and sanitizing.

Plenty of produce and dairy. The grocery shelves looked fairly full with pallets coming out of the back room for night stocking of shelves. Only one cash register open as they appear very serious about making customers check out and bag their own shopping cart purchases. I never do that. Never will.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

What a bunch of AHolds

Salam

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    i bet not too many of the dutch workers utilize a mobility scooter for obesity like a 30year stop and shop employee i talked with in western mass did. it was embarassing but glad the strike is over. bet they have some killer deals real soon if not now
    its sad to see people on those scooters. people can't say no to sugar for some reason.