JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Man is charged with animal cruelty for abondoning his fish tank.. OMG!!!

This is no joke.. This happened in North Carolina... FISH!!!! We eat fish, I flush fish when they don't work out in my own fish tank.. This is crazy!!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/03/north-carolina-man-animal-cruelty-abandoning-pet-fish/3361514002/

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/n...228795369.html

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    This is no joke.. This happened in North Carolina... FISH!!!! We eat fish, I flush fish when they don't work out in my own fish tank.. This is crazy!!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/04/03/north-carolina-man-animal-cruelty-abandoning-pet-fish/3361514002/

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/n...228795369.html

Be careful what you confess to, there is a guy lurking to report all crimes to the Feds.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JIBBBY

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Start a race hate lie and cost the city many dollars and police hours no problem.

But don’t you dare get evicted and leave your fish behind.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Right-lie and deceive to increase the racial divide and be a total POS---CLEARED----fish----lock him the fuckkk up LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Start a race hate lie and cost the city many dollars and police hours no problem.

But don’t you dare get evicted and leave your fish behind.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fish!!! Lol... Come on man!!!

I guess fishing out at sea or on a lake will soon be considered cruelty to animals..

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Yeah, this one is ridiculous.

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

This can only happen in one country. And we don't have to click on the link to find out which one...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I bury my aquarium fish when they die, and pray for them.

I do not believe this contradicts all the times I fished or went shellfishing.

Pets are pets. He abandoned them. It was cruel. The law does not distinguish between fish and mammals or reptiles.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I bury my aquarium fish when they die, and pray for them.

I do not believe this contradicts all the times I fished or went shellfishing.

Pets are pets. He abandoned them. It was cruel. The law does not distinguish between fish and mammals or reptiles.
    I've had fish tanks my entire life since I was in my teens.. I have had some fish live up to almost 10 years.. I flush them and that's it when they die..

Mindless fish.. Who cares.. I don't consider them pets like a dog or a cat..
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-05-19 at 06:44 PM.

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give him the F'n chair !

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I've had fish tanks my entire life since I was in my teens.. I have had some fish live up to almost 10 years.. I flush them and that's it when they die..

Mindless fish.. Who cares.. I don't consider them pets like a dog or a cat..
    Had an Angel fish, didn't seem mindless. Used to play hide and seek with me, also knew my voice and greeted me when I got home when it was nowhere near feeding time.

When she had eggs, I couldn't go within 10 feet of the tank without her going for me, she was aggressive.

My wife and both children never got that response from her, ever, they could go near with eggs in the tank.

Over the 6 years she grew huge and just didn't seem mindless to me.

We dug a hole and buried her in the backyard when she died (that was really mostly for the kids).

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Had an Angel fish, didn't seem mindless. Used to play hide and seek with me, also knew my voice and greeted me when I got home when it was nowhere near feeding time.

When she had eggs, I couldn't go within 10 feet of the tank without her going for me, she was aggressive.

My wife and both children never got that response from her, ever, they could go near with eggs in the tank.

Over the 6 years she grew huge and just didn't seem mindless to me.

We dug a hole and buried her in the backyard when she died (that was really mostly for the kids).

Lol, I think you got baked and watched the FINDING NEMO movie one to many times...

Fish come up for food that's it.. No personalities what so ever.. Nice to look at..

Frank Mills
    Frank Mills's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lady let some horses starve near where I live. Like 2 days later the Facebook community was all over it and she was on news in Orange.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Lol, I think you got baked and watched the FINDING NEMO movie one to many times...

Fish come up for food that's it.. No personalities what so ever.. Nice to look at..
    You couldn't be more wrong Jibbs and a real quick google search will tell you that.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

It is pretty cruel to leave the fish to starve and die. Then again, it’s just a fish. I don’t know, but I wouldn’t just leave it to suffer.
    Points Awarded:

Frank Mills gave Cuse0323 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Frank Mills

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong Jibbs and a real quick google search will tell you that.

I've had Angle fish KVB.. Nice looking.. That's it... Fish are fish and we eat them.. Salmon and Tuna very tasty and healthy ...

Now cow meat is something we can discuss not fish.. Cows can be pets and have actual brains..

I highly doubt the tiny fish brains that are instinctual only in nature differ much between Angle fish and Salmon fish.. They won't come by name and dance around your finger in the tank if you try.

Got Omegas? Yummy

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

If you've owned one then you should know Jibbs, sorry you had such a disconnect.

Not all fish are the same.

Just three quick clicks I made from google...

Experts claim that angelfish are very intelligent creatures that can recognize their owners (when kept as pets).
    As members of the cichlid family, angelfish have distinct and endearing personalities! Definitely a rarity among aquarium fish.

Angels are seemingly among the most alert and intelligent of aquarium fish. They can learn to recognize their keeper…
    Some random blog showing a similar experience to my own...

As others have said, they come to be quite personable. Some even come to chose a specific human they prefer. We have o e angel in our tank that we call Sheridan. He likes my husband above anyone else. He will hang with the other angels if it suits himand he will come up to beg with the group when I feed the tank k. But as soon as my husband comes in the room Sheridan is at the front of the tank closest to him and wiggling for attention. He will come right to the surface and let my husband touch him. I can't do that though.
    In direct contradiction to what you are saying Jibbs, fish can be trained using lure and reward, not unlike a dog.

Read that last sentence again Jibbs.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ KVB you know I love ya man but I'm just not buying this.. I've had black and all white Angle fish for years in the past.. Never saw an ounce of intellectual abilities to recognize owners other then getting excited for food and coming up to the top of the tanks.. You can't play with them, come on man!!!

My electric yellows ciclids always took them out when thinking they could live together.. My bad ...

Angle fish are nice looking, to docile though.. Only get along with neons and guppies pretty much.. Black red tail sharks and Bala sharks too.. I've had aquarium fish my entire life.. I would know..

Now birds have a little brain power that I've seen first hand in the wild.. I was shocked at what I experienced one time with Sparrows that I befriended for years on my patio.. I had them following me around, offering me up live worms that they caught.. NO LIE.. Little sparrow birds are loyal and giving little creatures.. I never expected that..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-05-19 at 10:21 PM.