Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

If you get a Job with a big company will they verify employment with your current job

So I quit my job/was forced out in January.

been driving for Uber in between jobs...

happen to meet a chick at the bar a few days ago..

well naturally I don’t tell people I don’t have a real job ( not a good look)

anyway she ends up offering to try to get me a job with her company and told me to send her a resume

so should I

A.) Say hey I’m sorry I don’t mean to be dishonest but I wasn’t comfortable telling you I didn’t have a job when we first met.

B.) Send her my resume that says I’m still with the same company and hope they don’t have a 3rd party check my employment status?

C.) Tell her thanks but no thanks I am not interested in the job at this time

(ofcourse I am actively seeking employment but this woman is hot and I don’t want to screw up my chances with her)

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Always make it appear on your application that you are currently employed... and usually there is a box to check saying it is NOT okay to contact my current employer. That is the best way to go.

People with jobs are the first to get considered for a new job... people without a job are the last. Yea seems a bit unfair but that is psychology. Same goes for bitches... they like guys that are assholes to them. Again it is human psychology

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by flipacoin9698 View Post
    Always make it appear on your application that you are currently employed... and usually there is a box to check saying it is NOT okay to contact my current employer. That is the best way to go.

Okay so they have to get permission to contact my current employer?

awesome thanks

I mean shit happens in life but people are usually not very understanding about gaps in employment and it makes it hard to negotiate

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't make it a regular thing to trust bar talk from non recruiters who say she could try and help a random person who she doesn't know what they bring to the table. Good luck, don't mean that in an asshole way, just tread lightly. I would keep my options open.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    I wouldn't make it a regular thing to trust bar talk from non recruiters who say she could try and help a random person who she doesn't know what they bring to the table. Good luck, don't mean that in an asshole way, just tread lightly. I would keep my options open.
    I know and I’m not going to bring it up again to her b/c I don’t want her to think I’m only into her for the job.

I actually think she was using that to lure me in. I didn’t give this one any validations and she kept searching for mine. Kept saying we should do this, we should do that etc... and I’m just like yeah sounds cool but didnt act like I was too excited. Indifference definitely works like a charm. Shame I didnt practice that earlier...

this girl even told me if I got the job I would be going on the company trip in a month and I could room with her and I had just met her for the first time.

Would be cool to get a girlfriend and a job in one swoop. Chick actually kinda seemed like she might have mafia ties. She is italian looks kinda like Meadow Soprano and she goes “ I don’t normally let guys in, but once you’re in you are IN! And then said I will protect you”

i’m thinking what is this chick talking about???? Protect me? i told my friend that and he goes she is probably
    meaning protect you from the “Frankie’s” and “Paulie’s” in her family tree

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

get google voice #

transfer calls to your phone

take the verify call yourself and then enjoy your new job

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Bruh

You're thinking "possible girlfriend" after one meeting at a bar.

GET DATING OUT OF YOUR HEAD. I don't even have a single dating app on my phone. Haven't fukked in several months and I couldn't care less.

FOCUS ON YOUR CAREER. I have an appointment with a doc tomorrow to get back on adhd meds so I can sit down and fukking focus. Need to enhance my modelling skills and learn macro/VBA for finance. FORGET ABOUT WOMEN.

CWD
    Update your status

is that supposed to be impressive someone doesnt have a dating app on their phone lol

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    is that supposed to be impressive someone doesnt have a dating app on their phone lol
    In today's age, everyone in teens, 20s and even sometimes early 30s, if not in a relationship, likely has at least tinder or some other dating app on their phone to "pass the time".

CWD
    Update your status

Todays age lol

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Okay so they have to get permission to contact my current employer?
    awesome thanks
    I mean shit happens in life but people are usually not very understanding about gaps in employment and it makes it hard to negotiate

No contact from future employer as you don't want to jeopardize you "current" employment.

Check BOX. Job app and girl.

Make sack time with hottie UBER important and give her climax a LYFT.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Why dont you consider driving for uber as a job??
    It is a job. You provide a service and in return you get compensation for it.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know and I’m not going to bring it up again to her b/c I don’t want her to think I’m only into her for the job.

I actually think she was using that to lure me in. I didn’t give this one any validations and she kept searching for mine. Kept saying we should do this, we should do that etc... and I’m just like yeah sounds cool but didnt act like I was too excited. Indifference definitely works like a charm. Shame I didnt practice that earlier...

this girl even told me if I got the job I would be going on the company trip in a month and I could room with her and I had just met her for the first time.

Would be cool to get a girlfriend and a job in one swoop. Chick actually kinda seemed like she might have mafia ties. She is italian looks kinda like Meadow Soprano and she goes “ I don’t normally let guys in, but once you’re in you are IN! And then said I will protect you”

i’m thinking what is this chick talking about???? Protect me? i told my friend that and he goes she is probably
    meaning protect you from the “Frankie’s” and “Paulie’s” in her family tree
    If she asks you to hold something for her while she goes out of town soon don't do it. Sounds like she's baiting you in bro but if you are looking for some excitement jump on it.

eaglesfan371

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    Why dont you consider driving for uber as a job??
    It is a job. You provide a service and in return you get compensation for it.
    Because it pays dogshit and provides no career promotion?

flipacoin9698
    flipacoin9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

After thinking your story over... this bitch you met has no pull at all to get you a job. She is jerking your chain she just wants some cok so play the game with her and knock that shit hard. There is no job waiting for you... SLAP!!! wake up.

You already know she is a barfly and a flirt... jeesus wake up. Text her and ask "wanna drink with me tonight" she will reply YES and the translation there is that she wants you to fuk her

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

So I quit my job/was forced out in January.

been driving for Uber in between jobs...

happen to meet a chick at the bar a few days ago..

well naturally I don’t tell people I don’t have a real job ( not a good look)

anyway she ends up offering to try to get me a job with her company and told me to send her a resume

so should I

A.) Say hey I’m sorry I don’t mean to be dishonest but I wasn’t comfortable telling you I didn’t have a job when we first met.

B.) Send her my resume that says I’m still with the same company and hope they don’t have a 3rd party check my employment status?

C.) Tell her thanks but no thanks I am not interested in the job at this time

(ofcourse I am actively seeking employment but this woman is hot and I don’t want to screw up my chances with her)
    You're over thinking it. Uber IS a job despite what anyone has to say. You are self employed. And the money isn't that bad for some. Sure no 401k or any of that but you're hustling and that's what matters.

What she's offering is real cool. She doesn't even know you that well and wants to help you on a deeply personal level.

That is a win man, whether you get the job or not.

If she doesn't like you anymore as a result, it's off on a deeper level so move on.

Just don't lie to her.
    Last edited by stevek173; 03-21-19 at 07:03 PM.

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

I wouldn't worry about fibbing on your resume.

Remember. elizabeth warren is Cherokee and robert francis o'rourke is Mexican.

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'