DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

LIVE Police Pursuit: In Game Thread

This is a strange one.

A random car (not police) following him.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/live...breaking-news/

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11889

The civilian guy pursuing is interesting though.. Cops are hassling him now and will probably arrest him.. Like to hear the story on that?

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The civilian guy pursuing is interesting though.. Cops are hassling him now and will probably arrest him.. Like to hear the story on that?
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was the owner of the stolen car or maybe a family member of the thief, but then he took off after the cops arrested the thief.

So not sure who the fuk that guy was.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10886

Love the live police pursuits

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking maybe it was the owner of the stolen car or maybe a family member of the thief, but then he took off after the cops arrested the thief.

So not sure who the fuk that guy was.
    Kcal ditched the live pursuit coverage.. I guess if you've seen one you've seen them all.. More important fake political news to report for better ratings I guess here in LA. LOL..

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Wanna be good civilimaritan arrested. Can't make this shit up

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Is it over?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I called in a DD the other night and got the tag etc

Followed them for a good while to have probable cause to call 911

Yelled at to not follow them by dispatch...wasn't on their ass or anything, hard to do any good these days unless in a physical situation with no 911 but instincts

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Is it over?
    No it's still going.. News station just stopped covering it.

DiggityDaggityDo

Is it over?
    Yeah.

Both dummies arrested.

The Kraken

Why would dispatch not want you following them? Confusing

The Kraken

Yeah.

Both dummies arrested.
    Im gonna get in on one of these

In other news, JIBBY has still yet to be right about anything

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Why would dispatch not want you following them? Confusing

Got me. Told me they advise not to follow, I said well can I just follow from way back until I see an officer??? Wasn't like I was chasing them just watching them be drunk as fukk. Gave them vehicle tags, make, description of what they were doing etc(stop lights and signs I could give them that) She said just turn off. Fukking stupid

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

dispatch calls are you doing something wicked?

No siree Jack we're just giving tickets!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post

Yelled at to not follow them by dispatch, hard to do any good these days unless in a physical situation
    Cops don't always respond to these calls or flag downs.. Lazy..

I remember seeing rival gang members shooting out in the middle of the day in front of 2 apartment complex's on Slauson Avenue when driving up to down town LA.. Just blasting gun shots at each other.. One was hiding behind a tree the other behind the corner of a building.. Right near the street..

I duck driving by and see a cop a few blocks away, I honk and get his attention as we both stop at a red light. I roll down the window and tell the officers there is a shoot out going on a blocks away in the other direction. I acted serious and concerned. They nod and keep driving and totally ignore what I said to them.. I'm like WTF????

I'll never forget that..

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

She said she would Broadcast a MSG...

Knowing my county there was damn near every cop in the county headed that way without running code

Nothing else to do for them but yet didn't see one

The Kraken

Got me. Told me they advise not to follow, I said well can I just follow from way back until I see an officer??? Wasn't like I was chasing them just watching them be drunk as fukk. Gave them vehicle tags, make, description of what they were doing etc. She said just turn off. Fukking stupid
    And lose sight of him while the police have no clue where he went until he runs a red light and kills a few people? Im sure they have their reasons but agree, seems illogical

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

And lose sight of him while the police have no clue where he went until he runs a red light and kills a few people? Im sure they have their reasons but agree, seems illogical
    I just don't get the point of all the signs that say "SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING REPORT DRUNK DRIVERS CALL 911" then you do and basically get told "oh well we might get to it, ill broadcast a MSG"

When you know you are on a road that runs through the whole county with a sheriff dept, my town's PD, the one over...and over... AND the next, also insert Indiana State Police. but hey fukk it right

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I saw the outcome.. It was a Mexican dude in a stolen car from what I could see and he crashed into an SUV ending the pursuit.. Arrest and detained.. No one died..

Still don't know about the other civilian car that pursued earlier.. I believe he was arrested also though..

DiggityDaggityDo

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I saw the outcome.. It was a Mexican dude in a stolen car from what I could see and he crashed into an SUV ending the pursuit.. Arrest and detained.. No one died..

Still don't know about the other civilian car that pursued earlier.. I believe he was arrested also though..
    It didn’t end when he crashed into the SUV. He kept going after the collision.

Then the big truck started following him. Eventually the truck got in front of him and made the thief stop. Cops then arrested him. The truck took off and police went After him and arrested him.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

A wild and dangerous pursuit tonight. More twists and turns then you can imagine. Chris Holmstrom reports.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

It didn’t end when he crashed into the SUV. He kept going after the collision.

Then the big truck started following him. Eventually the truck got in front of him and made the thief stop. Cops then arrested him. The truck took off and police went After him and arrested him.
    Yup he slammed into the SUV first and knocked out an old dude in the passenger seat who took the hit broadside..

Old guy seemed ok after being KO'd.. He was interviewed still sitting in the smashed SUV..

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

Here in Nevada, it's illegal (of course) to use a handheld phone while driving. But they specifically say it's ok if it's an emergency such as reporting a drunk driver.

States really need to get serious about punishment for DUI. I heard of a DUI recently that crashed and killed someone and he ended up only getting 10 years.

If I went to a crowded shopping mall with a gun, closed my eyes and shot in random directions, killing someone, do you think I would only get 10 years? And would I be able to ever legally own a gun again? Meanwhile the DUI will be able to drive again.

You might say that's apples and oranges, but I disagree. Maybe it's red apples and green apples, but it's still pretty much the same thing.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Yelled at to not follow them by dispatch...wasn't on their ass or anything, hard to do any good these days unless in a physical situation with no 911 but instincts
    probably turned out to be a relative and they didnt want you to see them being let off