HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Hope is nothing more than delayed disappointment"

We should hug our loved ones more often, say I "love you" more often.

I know this is off topic, but many gamblers suffer from depression, addiction, and mental illness. I know I have experienced all 3.

Below is the complete text of the online suicide note of NYC nutritionist, Tara Condell. Tara, by her own admission, seemingly had it all - an accomplished young woman with the world at her feet. As the news broke and went viral yesterday, some of the comments were repetitive and predictable - "How could she have so much and simply throw it all away?" and "She should have been more grateful for what she had." Such questions and statements come from a place of not understanding the true nature of depression's suffocating grip. A place of ignorance.

Friends, that brought me to instant tears. Life without hope is, well, a life not worth living. But there's a clarification that has to be made here. I'm not speaking for Tara, and I don't want to make any assumptions about her specifically, but most people often equate hope to the desired object or outcome - I hope I pass the exam. I hope I get the promotion. I hope I can find love or healing this year.Real hope is about the SOURCE, not the OUTCOME.This corrupted world will be a constant source of disappointment, especially for those suffering from very real mental issues like depression and anxiety. The hope we have in God's promises, although not fully manifest until we enter the other side of eternity, is something that will never disappoint. Even as we journey here now in the temporal realm, trust in the ultimate source of hope is the only true comforter through the sorrows and trials of this life."I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him." - Romans 15:13a

RIP Tara, you are beautiful

HurryUpAndDrink
    HurryUpAndDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have written this note several times in my head for over a decade, and this one finally feels right. No edits, no overthinking. I have accepted hope is nothing more than delayed disappointment, and I am just plain old-fashioned tired of feeling tired.
    I realize I am undeserving of thinking this way because I truly have a great life on paper. I’m fortunate to eat meals most only imagine. I often travel freely without restriction. I live alone in the second greatest American city (San Francisco, you’ll always have my heart). However, all these facets seem trivial to me. It’s the ultimate first world problem, I get it. I often felt detached while in a room full of my favorite people; I also felt absolutely nothing during what should have been the happiest and darkest times in my life. No single conversation or situation has led me to make this decision, so at what point do you metaphorically pull the trigger?
    I’m going to miss doing NYT crosswords (I was getting really good). That one charcuterie board with taleggio AND ‘nduja. Anything Sichuan ma la, but that goes without saying. A perfect plate of carbonara (no cream!). Real true authentic street tacos. Cal-Italian cuisine. Hunan Bistro’s fried rice. The pork belly and grape mini from State Bird Provisions circa 2013. Popeye’s of course. Bambas too.
    I’m also going to miss unexpected hugs. Al Green’s Simply Beautiful. Cherries in July. Tracing a sleeping eyebrow. Smoking cigarettes. The Golden Gate Bridge at sunset. That first sip of iced cold brew in sticky August. Making eye contact with people walking down the street. When songs feel like they’re speaking to your soul. Jeopardy. Saying I love you. Late night junk food binges. Shooting the shit. And especially the no-destination-in-sight long walks.
    No GoFundMes, no funeral, no tributes, no doing-too-much please. All I ask now is for you to have one delicious (I mean a really really great) meal in my honor and let me go, no exceptions.
    It’s selfishly time for me to be happy and I know you can get down with that. Please try to remember me as a whole human you shared memories with and not just my final act. This is not your fault. It’s not exactly easy for me either, I’m here for you. I love you. I always have and I always will, I promise. Shikata ga’nai.
    I’m coming home, Dad. Make some room up on that cloud and turn the Motown up.
    I’m really sorry mama.
    Always, TLC

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Auto Saloon this idiot.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Hurry up and join her.

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

i actually thought this was a good post. I feel for that young girl. You two above are some of the most bitter posters I've noticed. Take a deep breath and enjoy your day.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Rip but why did she end her life

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

sounded like she had been depressed for many years. Maybe since her dad died? Depression is no joke. I've known some of the happiest / most success looking people on paper go thru this and thankfully they got help before it was too late.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

and the hope statement is utter bullshit that only someone with a negative attitude would subscribe to

edit: it`s not?

is her Mother still alive?????
    and she is going to be with her father in hell (where according to scripture, ALL of us men/boys here at SBR are destined for - again, according to scripture, a book that demands that women are 2nd class citizens. Demands!))

in any event, who gives a fukk? the only people that should feel guilt or remorse are those who (or whom) pushed her to it
    Last edited by PittsburghPlayer; 02-02-19 at 06:35 AM.