Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Southwest Airlines Employee Accused of Name Shaming

A Southwest Airlines gate agent at John Wayne Airport is accused of being awful in front of a five-year old girl - and on social media - because of her unique name.

The girl's mother says the agent made fun of the name and even posted a photo of her boarding pass on social media for others to chime in.

Five-year-old Abcde Redford pronounces her name "ab-city."

"The gate agent started laughing, pointing at me and my daughter, talking to other employees. So I turned around and said, 'Hey if I can hear you, my daughter can hear you, so I'd appreciate if you'd just stop,'" Traci Redford said.

Redford and her daughter were catching a flight home to El Paso, Texas a few weeks ago from John Wayne Airport in Orange County.

Abcde lives with epilepsy, so the Redfords always pre-board.

"While I was sitting there, she took a picture of my boarding pass and chose to post it on social media, mocking my daughter. It was actually brought to my attention by somebody who had seen it on Facebook and reported it to Southwest Airlines. And after two weeks of doing a formal complaint, Southwest hadn't done anything," said Redford.

Southwest Airlines gave us this statement: "We extend our sincere apology to the family. We take great pride in extending our Southwest Hospitality to all of our Customers, which includes living by the Golden Rule and treating every individual with respect, in person or online. The post is not indicative of the care, respect, and civility we expect from all of our Employees. We have followed up with the Employee involved, and while we do not disclose personnel actions publicly, we are using this as an opportunity to reinforce our policies and emphasize our expectations for all Employees."

The employee in question didn't answer our request for comment.

Redford said she's using this experience as a lesson for her daughter.

"She said 'Mom, why is she laughing at my name? And I said not everyone is nice and not everyone is going to be nice and it's unfortunate.'"

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

We'll, when you're a narcissistic c#nt like this b!tch and you name your kid something stupid like "ABCDE", especially a girl who obviously has no father/male role model (because no self respecting man would let their stupid wife name their daughter "ABCDE") now, you have two options for this kid as an adult.
    She either stars in "Lady Alphabet's 500 man bukkake", or changes her name to "VWXYZ" (pronounced "Victors") and becomes a man.....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigOrange

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I'll have to add this to my list of dumb fukking names that I've heard over the years. It will fall somewhere between Stiffany and Derfa.

And the airport attendant wasn't mocking her daughter, she was blown away by how idiotic a mother could be to give her child such a stupid fukking name.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I'm with the airline agent here

You dont want to be talked about then dont go to great lengths to stand out like creating an unpronounceable name for your kid

Pretty sure this is a single mom too

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what's her mom's name? Dumbkunt? (pronounced "dumb Kunt")

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Dont name your kid something stupid.....errr, I mean "unique" if you dont want people to talk about it

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Didn't that Kardashian name her kid North West?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Any more pictures of the mom?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

If she has a son, she should name him Hijk pronounced "Hi Jack" That would be interesting when he is trying to board a plane.
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Any more pictures of the mom?

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I’d like to give that mom some epilepsy.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    We'll, when you're a narcissistic c#nt like this b!tch and you name your kid something stupid like "ABCDE", especially a girl who obviously has no father/male role model (because no self respecting man would let their stupid wife name their daughter "ABCDE") now, you have two options for this kid as an adult.
    She either stars in "Lady Alphabet's 500 man bukkake", or changes her name to "VWXYZ" (pronounced "Victors") and becomes a man.....
    I guess you never heard of the hogg family from texas. Their name was ura and ima hogg. Now the hoggs were rich but obese. Their father never let them marry and they died from diabetes. google it because it is true

And yes they were white

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I'll have to add this to my list of dumb fukking names that I've heard over the years. It will fall somewhere between Stiffany and Derfa.

And the airport attendant wasn't mocking her daughter, she was blown away by how idiotic a mother could be to give her child such a stupid fukking name.
    i know a orangejello and a grapejello. Bout shit my pants when i had to write those names. Another named sir lester,

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The lady that named her child has probably been waiting for this moment her entire life so she could cash in.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I didn't even realize the letters were in order. lol

Did the mom do drugs while pregnant too?

Nice filter by the way... takes about 10 years of aging off her face.

abcdef
    abcdef's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2499

omg she missed the bi F

what a moron for a mother

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Nice filter by the way... takes about 10 years of aging off her face.
    I gotta say I was surprised she was white. Even more surprised the baby was 100% white too. I guess I'm racist.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

the names people come up with...

bravo I suppose. I have not heard of that one before.

how about NOPQR pronounced Nope-queer